Is there a way to change battle groups?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sunderezz
Top Rater
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Twisting Nether-us
Is there a way to change battle groups?

Post by Sunderezz » June 11th, 2021, 11:20 pm

I have tried to keep a good attitude, but this is bordering on abuse. The primary player in my battle group continues to run double and triple impossible (for me it seems) teams with taunting names, tonight two rotten helpers and ragnaros named: shpanked, shpunked, and sonofabee. I have read many suggestions on how to deal with such a player, and have tried all of them. Life is stressful enough right now. Over and over I encounter this person and s/he is sucking the joy out of the game for me. Sorry to vent, I know many of you have heard this over and over again throughout the years. At this point i simply refuse to play him/her, I let the battle play out while I do other things. If it was just the ridiculous teams, that would be one thing, but the taunting and sometimes obscene names? I just don't get what motivates a person to do this. Is my only option to step back? Is this something I can report?

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Is there a way to change battle groups?

Post by Rosqo » June 12th, 2021, 1:10 am

You can report their pet name's by clicking the portrait.

The only rumoured way is by transferring your original character to a different server but because no one knows of for sure how the battlegroups work it's a best guess that this is the way.

The best way to get rid of players like that is farm them over and over until they give up.

Sunderezz
Top Rater

Post by Sunderezz » June 12th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Rosqo wrote:
June 12th, 2021, 1:10 am
You can report their pet name's by clicking the portrait.
Thanks so much Rosqo! I will give this a try.

Kytu
Pet Score:2537
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Kytu » June 22nd, 2021, 4:04 am

I don't even see the need for battle groups. You should just be matched randomly with whoever is in the queue anywhere. Variety is good! Would cut the waiting times down too.

Sunderezz
Top Rater

Post by Sunderezz » July 20th, 2021, 3:12 pm

Update: I am happy to report that the mean-spirited, taunting pet names have disappeared from my queue, though I am sure the player remains. Thank you so much Rosqo for sharing how to report a battlepet name. Maybe my frenemy from the queue reads this great forum ;)

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 20th, 2021, 3:55 pm

I've seen pet name's be reset before maybe that's what has happened to your opponent. Glad they aren't causing you any more issues

Sunderezz
Top Rater

Post by Sunderezz » September 10th, 2021, 12:43 pm

Update:

After happily reporting that the taunting/profane/obscene pet names disappeared from my queue, they returned with a vengeance. The new "fav" of the trainer was to phonetically spell parts of female intimate anatomy. I reported each one, using the method of right-clicking on the pet name. After a week + of no change, I submitted a ticket, then a second one. While profane or obscene pet names are really not officially meant to be reported via ticket, I have not seen a single obscene name since.

If you have a similar experience with offensive pet names. do not give up! Such abusive behavior needs to be dealt with so it does not drive players away from the rewarding world of battle pets.

Alexphilip
Realm:Blood Furnace-us

Post by Alexphilip » October 27th, 2021, 1:33 pm

While leveling my alt a month ago WSG was already unplayable due to twinks. I played 10 games at lvl 18/19 and 9 of them were against full alliance twink premades and I lost every game. I had the same experience playing at lvl 28/29. Twinks being forced out of the regular queues in WOTLK was the best thing to ever happen to casual/new players.

Toryblaker
Realm:Laughing Skull-us

Post by Toryblaker » January 7th, 2022, 9:08 am

click the portrait and report their pet name, should work. :D :D

Discodoggy
Pet Score:9713
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Discodoggy » February 26th, 2022, 7:14 pm

Unfortunately, I recently tried changing battlegroups and it did not seem to work. I recently resubbed to try out some of the new pets since I didn't PvPPB much in Shadowlands. I was constantly running into this player with triple idols, sunlight, and other meta comps. I knew it was the same player because they would always type out a message with their pet names. For example, "ibeatumore" "thanubeatme" "doesthatmakeusad" (which is on the mild side of their messaging). The names didn't bother me, but the lack of variety did, so I server transferred on my first toon from my account.

I transferred from Proudmore to Stormrage. I felt something was wrong immediately because my pet slots weren't empty. The last few times I changed battlegroups by server transfer and it worked, my pet slots were empty upon logging in to the new server. Alas, I ended up running into the same player again, confirming the transfer did not change my battlegroup, or if it did, it still included that player.

Also, even though it seemed like the battlegroup change worked before, I have no actual proof. It's completely possible that people changed up their comps and/or new players started PvPing and old players quit at the same time as my previous server transfers, leading my to believe I was in a new group. I'm fairly certain that the change worked (remember I used to do 100s of PvPPB per week so had a good idea of what my battlegroups looked like), but again, I have no real data to prove that it ever worked.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12996
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » February 27th, 2022, 1:00 am

Wow. DD lives. Miss your videos

I have been on Aggramar since I came back in 2012. Along the way, I created characters on various servers for pet arbitrage. Initially it was for buying Hatespark the Tiny, but eventually it branched out to buying TCG pets.

Once I started PvP pet battling, I noticed that things changed depending on which server I was on. Aggramar is a CST server. Since I had characters that were on all time zones, it was obvious that I was getting different opponents on EST and PST time zones. Oceanic and Brazilian servers were a little harder to gauge.

I didn't battle on the last critter week, but it did work on the previous one. I kept getting matched up with an Anomalous team. I ended up getting banned because I gave my pets rude names to let this lout know what i THOUGHT OF HIS TEAM. But once I went to other servers, I didn't see him again.

I still think it works. If it doesn't, we;re all doomed.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 27th, 2022, 2:21 am

Did some testing late in the evening, a friend on Stormrage and me on Proudmoore started a Pvp battle. Immediately got each other.

Most likely theory I've heard is that Battlegroups are based on where your servers are physically located. Makes more sense to link to another server in the same building than one across the country. Electricity at near speed of light moves really fast but back and forth between L.A. and Chicago, for example, takes some time.

Proudmoore, by the way, is on Pacific Time, Stormrage is on Eastern. But this really doesn't affect their interaction much except maybe more players asleep on one.