Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: AH prices WoD

Post by Gwenolyn » March 21st, 2014, 3:42 pm

Breeding seems to me to mean more "re- breed IDing". So it's not weird to breed a cat (beast) with a snake (beast). If it were true breeding you'd end up with 3 (or more) pets. The 2 originals plus a third unique.

It seems this is merely a way to change the breed of a pet by consuming another. Which won't flood the market with anything extra. It won't make crazy cobra-cats. It's just another way to get the breed I want without having to pay or farm for a specific one...

Hey I got a rare... woot... I'll change the breed later... let's move on to WoD fun!!

Of course dupers may find a way to use this to make extras... hope they thought of that!!!

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » March 21st, 2014, 4:13 pm

If you could make an SS Darkmoon Rabit from a BB one the price of SS’s would go down whether you could trade it or not. Everyone who wanted one would just buy the cheapest one they could get and upgrade it to an SS.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 22nd, 2014, 6:13 am

Gwenolyn wrote:Breeding seems to me to mean more "re- breed IDing". So it's not weird to breed a cat (beast) with a snake (beast). If it were true breeding you'd end up with 3 (or more) pets. The 2 originals plus a third unique.

It seems this is merely a way to change the breed of a pet by consuming another. Which won't flood the market with anything extra. It won't make crazy cobra-cats. It's just another way to get the breed I want without having to pay or farm for a specific one...

Hey I got a rare... woot... I'll change the breed later... let's move on to WoD fun!!

Of course dupers may find a way to use this to make extras... hope they thought of that!!!

But you are missing the downside.
No longer will one have to either camp for a rare or a certain breed.
Just grab the first uncommon or cheapest pets and stone it.
Breed it with the breed one wants( which for most pet families can be easily found cheaply from vendor bought pets) and boom you have the best pet and breed wanted.
And if these pets are now salable the market will be flooded with them,killing the market and real need to go do this oneself. Might as well wait and buy cheap ones, let them do the work.
And best example is the sky golem even with 30 day cd to make they have crashed the market on them.
I see some going for 20k the mats alone cost more never mind the 30 cd of work it takes.

If not done properly could lead to a mess.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 23rd, 2014, 12:11 am

Wonder if bred pets will be account bound? That's what I was thinking. Then you do have to do the work.

So all Blackfuse Bomblings cost the same now, despite breed (for example). Don't see much of a downside. There will not be more, just breed won't matter.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » March 24th, 2014, 6:41 am

No one said breeding will be fast nor cheap. It could take 30 days in your garrison and require a heroic only raid drop (which will probably also be required to craft some gear...).

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » March 24th, 2014, 7:35 am

Hmmm, going back to what was said near the start of the thread:

You take 2 pets. Mash them together. You lose pet 2, keep pet 1 but also get a copy of pet 1 with better stats?

What if pet 1 was say... A viscous horror? Would that then leave you with 2, one to use, one to sell?

Really need more info about this, but it might mean access to some harder to get pets. Hoping they don't realize this, and block pet store / TCG from the list of tradeables ;) It's also a shame they took the "if you're lucky it'll be epic" part away, that would have been where the cash would come from in WoD :(

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » March 24th, 2014, 10:41 am

Index wrote:Hmmm, going back to what was said near the start of the thread:

You take 2 pets. Mash them together. You lose pet 2, keep pet 1 but also get a copy of pet 1 with better stats?

What if pet 1 was say... A viscous horror? Would that then leave you with 2, one to use, one to sell?

Really need more info about this, but it might mean access to some harder to get pets. Hoping they don't realize this, and block pet store / TCG from the list of tradeables ;) It's also a shame they took the "if you're lucky it'll be epic" part away, that would have been where the cash would come from in WoD :(
Exactly what could be the problem where their was one now two.
As more and more do it that is what could cause the market to crash.

As for epics great idea in theory but could ruin the pvp game.
Yes would of been good money maker but first person with a three team epic would be near unbeatable and the unlucky could never get one.
That is the problem with epics

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 24th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Digem wrote: As for epics great idea in theory but could ruin the pvp game.
They could have four "brackets" for people who had 0, 1, 2 and 3 epics and match them against similar opponents. You would enter all four of your teams at once and the system would pick the first appropriate match.

Just an idea how it could work if they want to.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » March 25th, 2014, 2:15 am

Ok, this is the reverse of what I understand the plan for breeding to be. My understanding is that you lose pet 2, but get a copy of THAT PET (i.e. pet 2), so you end up with the same number and species of pets you started out with.

In other words:
  • Pet 1 supplies the breed and is kept.
    Pet 2 supplies the species and is lost.
So, say, pet 1 is a cat and pet 2 is a snake. After breeding them, you still have the same cat, plus a snake, but the snake now has the same breed as the cat has. We won't be duping any pets.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » March 25th, 2014, 5:48 am

Maizing wrote:

Ok, this is the reverse of what I understand the plan for breeding to be. My understanding is that you lose pet 2, but get a copy of THAT PET (i.e. pet 2), so you end up with the same number and species of pets you started out with.

In other words:
  • Pet 1 supplies the breed and is kept.
    Pet 2 supplies the species and is lost.
So, say, pet 1 is a cat and pet 2 is a snake. After breeding them, you still have the same cat, plus a snake, but the snake now has the same breed as the cat has. We won't be duping any pets.
That is the major point it hasn't been clearly stated which way it will work yet.
They have been very quiet on any such details both ways of breeding have been the rumors.
The only thing for sure they have said is no epics for now.
The way you describe it sounds good but it has flaws to with it.
So will collector edition and other limited pets then forever lose the original design?
Their is no way reaquire some of these pets.
Guess to sum it all up we will have to wait and see.

Radnok
Pet Score:4023
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Radnok » March 26th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Index wrote:Hmmm, I was hoping they kept breeding type specific. i.e you cant breed a snake with a cat (dear God, someone think of the children!!!!)

Meaning you would likely need two of the same family type to breed with. You'd not see the unholy union of a water beetle and a parrot in the real world, would you? :P
Actually, what would be a cool feature fro breeding would to have certain combinations generate a new pet that is a hybrid of the two being bred. Not sue if Blizz has thought of that, but it would be a great way to generate new types of pets that are not available through other means. Like breeding an eye pet (darkmoon eye?) with some other type of pet, and getting a new hybrid pet called The Evil Eye, or maybe Red Eye. The possibilities would be phenomenal.

My two quatloos, for what they're worth.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » April 1st, 2014, 1:49 am

I don´t think that is how it works.

You use, and lose the second pet in order to CHANGE the first pet.

Viscous Horror BB gets destroyed
Rabbit SS gets destroyed

Player receives Viscous Horror SS

Jimmer
Pet Score:9537
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Jimmer » April 1st, 2014, 12:13 pm

wish the breeding was like the news post today would be fun lol