How does getting old blizzcon pets work?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Velcroe
Pet Score:909
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
How does getting old blizzcon pets work?

Post by Velcroe » March 15th, 2014, 6:16 pm

So I would like to get a blizzcon pet (specifically Murkalot) but I have not yet decided that I want to use it. My question is, how do these trades usually work? In other words, what do people usually get when they make the trade: just the code, a card... My concern is that if I don't actually own a physical thing, like a card, that later on if I decide not to use it and instead trade it that it might not work.

So for those people with experience with these types of trades if you could educate me I would be very appreciative.

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: How does getting old blizzcon pets work?

Post by Mwebly » March 15th, 2014, 6:46 pm

I would insist to your trading partner that you receive the actual unscratched loot card. You will have to work out the specifics of the trade with them and then somebody goes first. Once the trade is completed and all are satisfied you will have the loot card and can use it, sell it or trade it again.

Velcroe
Pet Score:909
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Velcroe » March 15th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Thank you. That is what I will do.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » March 15th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Blizzcon pet codes can be purchased for immediate trade via TCGloot.com.
I'm not sure how you would work out a trade getting someone to send you the unscratched card. They would either have to send you the card and hope you trade the pets after you get it or you'd have to trade your pets and hope they send you the card. I am not certain cards can be "gifted" through that site.
I've never had a problem trading high end pets/pet codes/mounts/mount codes through this forum.
Make sure the person offering the trade has a decent reputation on this site and you are good to go. Work out a trade where they give you the code and you trade your mount n pet or vice versa. Generally people here are reasonable and trustworthy.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 15th, 2014, 8:29 pm

If you are buying a card from ebay, then you should be asking for the physical card to be mailed to you.

If you are trading through the forums here, you very likely won't be getting the card (understandably I think a lot of people wouldn't want to give our their addresses and such). In that case you will be trading for the code, working out the specifics with your trade partner. Keep in mind that generally folks with higher reputations on the trade forum will expect to go second. So for example a typical code trade for me would be: I put my item/gold in the trade window (to show that I have it) but don't hit trade. The other person will give me the code in-game or via email (for Blizz store). I check on battlenet for confirmation that the code is attached to my account. Once I've verified it I go ahead and finish the trade.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » March 16th, 2014, 6:19 am

For me,on high end pets of that nature I prefer to get the unscratched card in my hand. I have bought several this way and haven't had any issues.
Last edited by Shikon01 on April 11th, 2014, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » March 16th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Typically for a physical item real life money is involved, unless a specified amount is included to cover shipping costs. Otherwise, expect the code only. I personally prefer physical good but if you just want the pet, the code is not a bad way to go.

As others mentioned trade reputation typically decides who trades first. When I made my first trade I handed a Collector's Edition code, from a physical box, over first as I didn't have any reputation.

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Malenrhen » April 8th, 2014, 2:51 am

I bought a low-priced TCG pet loot card off Ebay. Apparently Ebay mandates that cards must be sent, not just a code emailed. SO I will be using Ebay for all my loot-card related purchases as that gives you some level of security

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » April 8th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Malenrhen wrote:I bought a low-priced TCG pet loot card off Ebay. Apparently Ebay mandates that cards must be sent, not just a code emailed. SO I will be using Ebay for all my loot-card related purchases as that gives you some level of security
The problem is you're dealing with digital goods. If you don't send the card, and just the code, it is VERY easy to have the buyer say he never got the digital items. And there is no way for eBay, or the seller, to prove you did in fact get the item. That's why they always say "I WILL NOT SEND YOU JUST THE CODE".

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » April 10th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Whenever I buy TCG codes on eBay, I ask the seller for just the code. I have never been turned down, nor had a problem.