Server Type == Pet distribution?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us
Server Type == Pet distribution?

Post by Riddley » March 11th, 2014, 12:29 pm

I've been playing Horde on PVP since vanilla and was a pet collector from the start. I took a long time off from mid-Caty to just recently, so I missed the initial roll-out of pet battles.

In an effort to get the Alliance-"only" pets I've started a Worgen DK on a PVE server and I've noticed a _drastic_ reduction in the amount of pets available for battling. Is this a PVP-server vs PVE-Server thing or just a coincidence?

I ask because I'm thinking of moving my main and my gf's main off the PVP server but I don't want to have a harder time finding pets.

Thanks!

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Server Type == Pet distribution?

Post by Gwenolyn » March 11th, 2014, 12:47 pm

I think you're asking if there are fewer pets in the wild on PVE vs PVP? There should not be any difference because of that. Server population and zone-to-zone differences may occur.

Was the PVP a low pop server and the PVE high? Or one a non CRZ one?

Which zone did you notice it in? For example, Storm Peaks has very few pets to battle in general. Where some zones, like the Stranglethorns, you're tripping over them.

But PVP vs PVE should be no different.

Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Server Type == Pet distribution?

Post by Riddley » March 11th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Yes, that's what I'm asking.

My PVP server is Deathwing and I think it's pretty well populated along with being CRZ ( :( ) and the PVE server was Medivh.

Anyone have a level 25 active Horde guild on a PVE server that's in the same CRZ/Battlegroup/whatever as Deathwing so that I can still group with my friends?