All my store pets and mounts are GONE!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu
Re: All my store pets and mounts are GONE!

Post by Kring » February 20th, 2014, 10:26 am

Dakaf wrote:Don't know why the warbot is missing though!
The warbot was a US only promotion pet from Mtn. Dew. It was only later, I think with Cataclysm, made available to everyone.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 20th, 2014, 10:28 am

Cdeveau wrote:Yay! WOW brings down the site two days in one week, for approx 6 hours a pop. I wonder for all those poor folks that don't get to play WOW for those 12 hours will be re-reimbursed with some padding to their game time, since this down time is an occurrence of failure on WOW's part.

And yes, if this post doesn't convey it, I'm very bitter with the way WOW operates.
Servers being down for patches is something you should get used to, cause that isnt going to change anytime soon. And that one time every X months the game has to go down for a few hours to fix an issue is something you really should be able to deal with with such a big game that got changes coming offen.
Theyve improved downtime a lot over the years, servers used to be down for multiple hours almost every week.
They also used to give you a free day of game time if the server was down for a long time, and for what i can see on my wow account, they are still doing that.
And if they dont, i think youll be able to handle that .5 dollar it cost you for the game to have an issue for once.

Cdeveau
Pet Score:3741
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by Cdeveau » February 20th, 2014, 10:57 am

Servers being down for patches is something you should get used to, cause that isnt going to change anytime soon. And that one time every X months the game has to go down for a few hours to fix an issue is something you really should be able to deal with with such a big game that got changes coming offen.
Theyve improved downtime a lot over the years, servers used to be down for multiple hours almost every week.
They also used to give you a free day of game time if the server was down for a long time, and for what i can see on my wow account, they are still doing that.
And if they dont, i think youll be able to handle that .5 dollar it cost you for the game to have an issue for once.
It's wonderful everyone has their opinion on this, however, let me tell you what the truth behind software is...Since that's what I do for a living. If you don't test and regression test your software before rolling it out and it causes a fatal flaw, you are responsible for it. And yes, this is a fatal flaw.

Domie - I'm glad that you're ok with substandard service and having to wait for someone else to correct their mistakes. As for me, that isn't acceptable business for them to have these types of issues (and it occurs more than once). This is also the reason I've quit WOW, and I'm just waiting for my last prepaid time to run out.

My post for game time wasn't for me, but is for everyone else affected by this downtime due to poor business standard on the development end of WOW.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 20th, 2014, 12:14 pm

After this morning's maintenance all of my pets are now safe and sound in my Pet Journal. No levels lost, rarity and breed intact. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » February 20th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Cdeveau wrote: It's wonderful everyone has their opinion on this, however, let me tell you what the truth behind software is...Since that's what I do for a living. If you don't test and regression test your software before rolling it out and it causes a fatal flaw, you are responsible for it. And yes, this is a fatal flaw.

Domie - I'm glad that you're ok with substandard service and having to wait for someone else to correct their mistakes. As for me, that isn't acceptable business for them to have these types of issues (and it occurs more than once). This is also the reason I've quit WOW, and I'm just waiting for my last prepaid time to run out.

My post for game time wasn't for me, but is for everyone else affected by this downtime due to poor business standard on the development end of WOW.
Obviously you are upset, but no need to sling mud. I too develop software for a living, and I would be willing to bet that what you build does not have a multi-million user base, and near the complexity of an mmo. I can confidently use the following analogy to illustrate the absurdity of your position:

I built a shed for my backyard, so I cannot excuse any defects in a 100 floor office building, since, I know how it's done.

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 20th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Badpathing wrote:
I built a shed for my backyard, so I cannot excuse any defects in a 100 floor office building, since, I know how it's done.
To refute your analogy, I don't cook for a top class restaurant, but I know how to cook. In your analogy just because I don't chef in a locale, I can't say that this food tastes like cr@p...Think about that one next time you open your mouth to say you don't like the food and remember, you aren't a chef, so you can't possibly have a basis for your statement.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 20th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Let's keep this discussion on topic and friendly, everyone.

The missing pets issue has been resolved, and Blizzard is working on fixing other post-patch bugs.

I have no doubt that things will get sorted out in the near future. It would have been better had the patch been error-free, but nothing's perfect. I'm glad Blizzard prioritized fixing the bugs and has had open communication with us about the situation.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 20th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Cdeveau wrote:
Badpathing wrote:
To refute your analogy, I don't cook for a top class restaurant, but I know how to cook. In your analogy just because I don't chef in a locale, I can't say that this food tastes like cr@p...Think about that one next time you open your mouth to say you don't like the food and remember, you aren't a chef, so you can't possibly have a basis for your statement.
You are unpleasant. Moving on.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » February 20th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Actually, my guild herald and guild page are now gone :(.

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 20th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Badpathing wrote:
You are unpleasant. Moving on.
Woohoo, name calling now. I'm sorry you didn't care for my rebuttal to your point. Sadly that is part of communication. Now that you've reverted to name calling I too will move on. Thank you for your ability to have an open discussion where both parties can present their point without reverting to baseless name calling.

Telsek
MVP
Pet Score:10560
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Telsek » February 20th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Quintessence wrote:After this morning's maintenance all of my pets are now safe and sound in my Pet Journal. No levels lost, rarity and breed intact. :)

Same here, happy as a Lark. :)

I am surprised and impressed by the amount of time they were able to fix this in!
Thank you for posting about your experience. I am also missing my rocket chicken (which is one of my favorites) and guardian cub and because I'm at work, I can't tell what the outcome is yet of the latest "fix". Your post tells me I can be optimistic! :)

Zohdee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3575
BattleTag®:Zohdee#1348
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Zohdee » February 20th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Curious..many people are having issues with pets/mounts that were gifted to them.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 20th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Denverrunner wrote:Actually, my guild herald and guild page are now gone :(.
See [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9634]this thread[/url] for discussion on the Guild Herald/Guild Page. It might be another bug, or it might be an accidental result of the patch that doesn't actually remove any of your pets, just makes them harder to track down.

Either way, we'll hopefully have a better understanding of what's going on with more details/info from each person experiencing "missing" heralds and pages.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 20th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Quintessence wrote:After this morning's maintenance all of my pets are now safe and sound in my Pet Journal. No levels lost, rarity and breed intact. :)

Same here, happy as a Lark. :)

I am surprised and impressed by the amount of time they were able to fix this in!
Stuck in training, cannot wait to get home and see if things are fixed. I basically play wow for the pets these days, so the issues have been pretty upsetting.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 20th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Cdeveau wrote:It's wonderful everyone has their opinion on this, however, let me tell you what the truth behind software is...Since that's what I do for a living. If you don't test and regression test your software before rolling it out and it causes a fatal flaw, you are responsible for it. And yes, this is a fatal flaw.

They did test it, and in the test there wasnt an issue, and are you saying you never had an unexpected issue show up?
Also what game on the scale of wow are not having problems? there most be one if this is substandard.

Also if you are really quitting the game, i dont understand why you are spending time talking bad about it, instead of just moving on. Nothing speaks louder than subscribtion numbers going down.

Cdeveau

Post by Cdeveau » February 20th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Domie wrote: They did test it, and in the test there wasnt an issue, and are you saying you never had an unexpected issue show up?
Also what game on the scale of wow are not having problems? there most be one if this is substandard.

Also if you are really quitting the game, i dont understand why you are spending time talking bad about it, instead of just moving on. Nothing speaks louder than subscribtion numbers going down.
Wonderful, another debate. I did quit, however, I'm prepaid through 2/28, and I, being the frugal person I am, will utilize that time.

You are right, I am bashing WOW. However, I am also advocating that WOW should be forthcoming to all those wonderful subscribers, yourself included, who pay them real life $ to play the game that WOW produces and is responsible for maintaining/providing when they collect said hard earned $, and cough up a credit in game time due to a fatal flaw that affected the gaming integrity and ultimately user experience for a multitude of users. (Side note, when my time runs out I will not be back, and am not seeking game time credit for myself. I've already told a mod not to credit game time to my account earlier this month after I made the decision to be done)

And no, it can be your opinion that they tested that, but fatal flaws don't make it to production, so it's not mine. A glitch, i.e., minor character name change or color, etc can and do make it to production.

I look forward to your rebuttal.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 20th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Domie wrote:Also if you are really quitting the game, i dont understand why you are spending time talking bad about it, instead of just moving on. Nothing speaks louder than subscribtion numbers going down.
Because he needs the attention. Respond if you like, it was quickly obvious to me that there is no value in doing so. Trolls are trolls, whether they know it or not.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 20th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Thank you for all of your input on this matter, but I will be locking this thread since the discussion is slowly devolving and becoming off topic. Blizzard has resolved the missing PetStore and RAF pets issue, however --