favorite non-highly sought after pets to have out?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu
Re: favorite non-highly sought after pets to have out?

Post by Dawayn » January 26th, 2014, 2:53 am

My lock often has both her Voidlord and the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/magic/demons/lesser-voidcaller/]Lesser Voidcaller[/url] running around the same time.
Not just because it looks cool, but also because of the cute Wayward Ghosts and Spirits :)

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » January 26th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Cheetah and Snow cubs are my favorites. I also like having my bat out cause well... I'm a Batman fan :) I even called him Bruce lol

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » January 28th, 2014, 6:47 am

I often have my chicken out. Not the mechanical or even the Westfall one. Just the Chicken.

Pinyin
Pet Score:4663
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » February 4th, 2014, 5:43 am

For my Shadow priest I like having the Droplet of Y'Shaarj out--they look pretty cool together. I think you'd get a similar effect with the gooey and the glyph that puts your pet into shadow form.

In instances I like having either my panda out (for good luck) or something with a silly name to make some friends giggle. If someone pulls out a train (especially in an instance) I immediately pull out my Lil 'XT to destroy their train.

For running round anything non-flying. I just find flying pets irritating.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 5th, 2014, 7:37 am

A lot depends on mood and what toon I'm on but, if I had to pick its all about the dogs and dog family. I love pets as much in RL as I do in game and at home its all about the dogs or should I say my babies..my children :)

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » February 5th, 2014, 8:05 am

i like to think most of my toons have their own personality/interest (except my main, because i guess my main is me) so they have pets to match their class and stuff. My new mage has been enjoying the company of her trusty lofty libram, my gnome warrior has her mechanical squirrel Meep, and my bankalt priest has a collection of kitties to choose from to keep her company in stormwind.
It started because i felt so alone playing on alts without the lockpet of my main, but even my warlock now often keeps my Scourged Whelpling Salad out (i tend to name my pets after food... do that Irl too >_>), the staple of my PvP team.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 5th, 2014, 8:33 am

I'm surprised, noone have mentioned my favorite yet: Egbert!

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » February 5th, 2014, 9:25 am

I stayed with my cousin and her family while in school and they had a pug named jingles. Sadly, Jingles went to doggy heaven last year :(
So, I keep out the [pet]Perky Pug[/pet] whom I named Jingles to remember him.. He was a cool dog :)

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » February 5th, 2014, 9:28 pm

If I go for a non show off pet, cause I do take them out sometimes just cause they are ;) it will be Chi-chi, which might still be very rare, but who I love for the look AND the skills and use a in a water killing team or good old Egbert, who I just LOVE.

Egbert used to be my favorit to take out in groups, and the crazy little bird who MUST have a bad case of ADHD have even scared me in a few BC raids when it suddenly ran to the boss and I freaked out to I realized it was just my pet and not a ninja pulling.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 7th, 2014, 6:12 pm

The pet summoned varies by character. Some of them have one pet that is Their Pet, so if they're not actively pet battling, this is the pet they have out.

My warlock has her [pet]Snowshoe Rabbit[/pet].
My warrior has her [pet]Westfall Chicken[/pet].
The DK on my main server has the [pet]Dark Phoenix Hatchling[/pet].
My goblin is named after the god of birds in a book series, so she has the [pet]Hyacinth Macaw[/pet].
My disc priest only uses the [pet]Purple Puffer[/pet] (named Bubble).
One of the blood elf hunters has the [pet]Darkmoon Cub[/pet].
My NE druid, now that she has flight form, has the [pet]Hawk Owl[/pet] out when she's flying.

Lina, my main, has some variety. The [pet]Darkshore Cub[/pet] is the most common, but the [pet]Mulgore Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Bombay Cat[/pet] and [pet]Firefly[/pet] are in heavy rotation. I'll pull out the [pet]Azure Whelpling[/pet] and [pet]Dark Whelpling[/pet] occasionally, or the [pet]Lashtail Hatchling[/pet] and [pet]Gundrak Hatchling[/pet].

The Mulgore Hatchling does a similar crazy running around that Egbert does, and he used to do the pulls for us. He was out for all my raiding once I got him in Wrath, and ever since. Except in Raid Finder, because people have issues with him.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Khorah wrote:I stayed with my cousin and her family while in school and they had a pug named jingles. Sadly, Jingles went to doggy heaven last year :(
So, I keep out the [pet]Perky Pug[/pet] whom I named Jingles to remember him.. He was a cool dog :)
Yep I love the cubs...most of the babies are sooo cute and yeti was first real pet because I got to make that one so it holds a special place from my early wow days :oops:
Last edited by Shikon01 on February 7th, 2014, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taizzaa
Pet Score:10614
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Taizzaa » February 7th, 2014, 7:13 pm

My Siamese is my long-time default pet. She's named Zoe for my real life Siamese mix that sadly died suddenly.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Damn, I'm sorry for your loss because its like having a family member die. I remember when I adopted a 5 week old dob/lab mix that I named Taaka ( ya after volka lol ) because I didn't want a girly name for my hope to be female guard dog. She chased all the bad guys, round up all the strays and saved my butt many times. Best dog I ever had. When she finally got old and was suffering and I had to put her down, I remember wanting the vet to put me down w/ her :( and it never gets easier with each loss, but I can't imagine my life w/o a furry friend..they love you unconditionally and that is priceless. So my heart always goes to the dogs so to speak. :D

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » February 7th, 2014, 9:16 pm

I have a a varying number of pets on my hotbars across my toons.

For non-sought after? I've always got the Emerald Whelpling (of course), my gnome monk has the sunfur panda, I like to match mount/pet/pet with my hunter, so azure crane chick, mulgore hatchling or dun morgh cub for there.

I'll have to try the biscuit/giraffe thing though. ;)

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 9th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Mostly just hit the /rfp macro every so often, but I do have some particular pets I like to have out on certain toons.

My fire mage (Flamekeeper title) usually has searing scorchling or the phoenix hatchling around.

My warlock (full Sha-skin gear with the matching staff) goes great with gooey sha-ling or droplet of Y'shaarj.

Druid often has the matching pet for whatever shape he's in; Dun Morogh cub for bearform, ruby sapling for treeform, moonkin hatchling for chickenform etc.

My pally sometimes runs around on his swift lovebird, with Beauty the Mulgore hatchling following.

Beautifulevil
Pet Score:2996
BattleTag®:Sara#1529
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Beautifulevil » February 12th, 2014, 12:13 am

No real reason why; but because it looks cool with the shadowform glyph is the Tiny Twister.
Otherwise, I love having my Fel Flame out on my Warlock.