Variety

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zenbuddhist
Pet Score:2092
Realm:Llane-us
Variety

Post by Zenbuddhist » November 9th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Anyone else wish there was more variety in pet skins? I know there are hundreds of pets, but look at all the cats, crabs, spiders and such that are damn near identical. The rabbits are all alike for the most part. I mean, we have five cockroaches that are exactly the same, but for their names.

I know that balancing all of the pets is a challenge, which is why we have SO many similar attacks. And I'm ok with that (within reason).

But using the same skins/styles for SO many pets just strikes me as very lazy development.

Before anyone says it, I know it's a work in progress and more pets are coming. Still, after taming my 9th frog that is the very same blocky replica of the 8 that came before it (and the 4 identical toads), I can't help but sigh and roll my eyes at Blizzard's art team.

Malanade
Top Rater
Pet Score:7203
BattleTag®:Malanade#1295
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Variety

Post by Malanade » November 9th, 2012, 2:40 pm

I wish maybe they'd come out with more skins, yes, that'd be really nice. I was a bit disappointed with all the copies in different zones..

Or at least have a team to make skins for the adults/little baby versions. I know they're redoing some mounts and are redoing textures for playable character as well, but I hope they update all the animals too c:

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Variety

Post by Sesamee » November 11th, 2012, 10:14 pm

I agree! At least make them different colors or something. What's the point of having five cockroaches that are different but the same??