Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Re: Rotten helpers are already available it seems

Post by Dakaf » December 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Got mine on my third toon today, so 9th try overall. BreedID says B/B, but the stats don't look like a B/B. Is there more than one breed?
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Zythehealer
Pet Score:2908
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zythehealer » December 17th, 2013, 8:26 pm

After stoning mine and leveling it a bit BreedID decided mine was a P/P. Overall stats are 1359/333/260 so I'm going to agree with P/P.

Did 9 toons again today, got two of Lumpy and one Clockwork Bot.

Zohdee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3575
BattleTag®:Zohdee#1348
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Zohdee » December 17th, 2013, 8:38 pm

I got one on my first try but there was no box in my bag to learn and no pet in my tab. I am rather confused. And when I highlight what I got it says 1/3.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » December 17th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Got one on my first character today. Not sure I'm willing to continually cart alts out there just for a spare.

Trying to figure out if I can build a team around him. Maybe a penguin and a snowman as cohorts. He's slow as dirt but his Landmine damage looks pretty nuts.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 17th, 2013, 10:39 pm

Aeolyn wrote:Got one on my first character today. Not sure I'm willing to continually cart alts out there just for a spare.

Trying to figure out if I can build a team around him. Maybe a penguin and a snowman as cohorts. He's slow as dirt but his Landmine damage looks pretty nuts.
His mine and his "gift" are amazing damage. RI him in and that's like 1600 damage for the gift!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 18th, 2013, 12:18 am

Dakaf wrote:
Aeolyn wrote:Got one on my first character today. Not sure I'm willing to continually cart alts out there just for a spare.

His mine and his "gift" are amazing damage. RI him in and that's like 1600 damage for the gift!
Not entirely true, its listed as 706 damage and RI doubles it, so it would be 1412 damage
Less than possible with surge of power, which also have 100% hit and doing about 40 damage more. GG also only comes with 90% hit. But on the upside, no 2 turns of recharging.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » December 18th, 2013, 1:29 am

I lucked out, my friend [profile]Liizabeth[/profile] got one for me today. Which I'm thankful for because I have a horrible history of luck with Seasonal drops, but also because I'm going overseas next week and won't be able to run my characters for the whole holiday.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » December 18th, 2013, 2:44 am

Did the daily 11 times yesterday and got 1 bot, 1 lumpy and 1 rotten helper each. Will probably repeat this exercise for spares, but not every day - just takes too long.

My rotten helper also said B/B - no idea if this is the only breed.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » December 18th, 2013, 3:50 am

Waflob wrote:Did the daily 11 times yesterday and got 1 bot, 1 lumpy and 1 rotten helper each. Will probably repeat this exercise for spares, but not every day - just takes too long.

My rotten helper also said B/B - no idea if this is the only breed.
It's actually P/P. The add-on is wrong, like it was for Moon Moon initially.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » December 18th, 2013, 5:23 am

This is where I regret: a) working 13-hour days, and b) having one toon. :lol:

GL to everyone hunting the pet(s)!

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » December 18th, 2013, 5:58 am

16 completions and no pets of any kind.

Takes forever on a low pop server, as you have to get every alt there, log them off, get your main there, solo the boss (which takes ages), relog every alt to get quest credit before it resets, then relog every alt to hearthstone back to Orgrimmar. Those "20 seconds to log out" timers add up quickly.

Ammeg
Top Rater
Pet Score:6011
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Ammeg » December 18th, 2013, 9:28 am

I didn't believe my partner when he told me that they were on the AH because of Wowhead telling us that it came from a gift under the tree and there was no mention of it being from the daily quest. Got mine yesterday after completing it on all my lvl 90's.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » December 18th, 2013, 9:31 am

I figure this will be the biggest limiting factor. A lot of people will stop once they have one because for most of us it's just so out of the way to get mostly just toys and fruitcake.

I'll do it the same way I've always done it, all alts abandon other duties, even cloth making ones, bind at chillwind point and make as good use of portals as I can. It still takes a while though, and you end up spending a lot of time on loading screens or birds. You really need to be motivated to keep doing that one after you get yourself one on more than just your main. Usually I try to do at least 1 week plus of that, but on top of doing RL holiday stuff... not sure how long I'll keep doing that daily. I imagine there's a lot of people who feel similarly.

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » December 18th, 2013, 9:55 am

I find this frustrating. I was really hoping it would be a gift from Grandfather Winter. I had the worst RNG with Lumpy. It took me 2 years with daily attempts on 6 alts to get one Lumpy. I hope the drop rate on the Rotten Helper is a lot better than that. And I have missed a couple days already :(

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » December 18th, 2013, 11:24 am

The drop chance really can´t be that bad. I´ve gotten it 3 times on 18 tries ( 6 alts). Been selling them all for 10k after stoning them.

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » December 18th, 2013, 11:34 am

It took me 23 attempts before I got mine (although I did get a [pet]Lumpy[/pet] in the meantime, which I had never managed to get before - I pinched my husband's! :oops: ). I think I'll keep doing it on my 9 toons every day - once you kind of get into the rhythm, it's not that bad, especially if you do it around reset time. Most of the time the sacks are there waiting when I get there, and all but one of my toons has the cloak to port back to Org, so it's really just one Zeppelin ride. That way if anyone I know needs one, I will hopefully have them spare. :D

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » December 18th, 2013, 11:48 am

I didn't keep track of how many tries I made on Monday (though I know that I did not try with every character I have that can do it), but I got it done with every one of the 26 characters I have that can on Tuesday... I got 4 [pet]clockwork rocket bot[/pet]s but no [pet]Rotten Little Helper[/pet]s.

Bastianelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:12357
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Bastianelle » December 18th, 2013, 1:09 pm

Just to add my experience so far for reference: I ran all 10 of my eligible characters yesterday and today, as well as a few on Monday (can't remember exactly how many). I've gotten exactly zero learnable pets. No Helper or Lumpy yet. Plenty of fruitcakes, grindgear gorillas, and toy racers though.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » December 18th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Azrile wrote:The drop chance really can´t be that bad. I´ve gotten it 3 times on 18 tries ( 6 alts). Been selling them all for 10k after stoning them.

I have done it on 22 of toons twice so 44 times and no rotten helper.
yes rng can be that bad I never get pet drops I have to buy them or count on friends to give them to me.
this is getting ridiculous still haven't gotten one pet in a raid yet how can blizz keep doing this to me this is what will make me quit this game.

Yumehayla
Pet Score:6536
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Yumehayla » December 18th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Sighs, a bunch of MiniZeps, a ragdoll and one christmas sweater, but no pets so far, I am sad :(