Going Rates for Specific Battle-Stones?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ghostrunz
Pet Score:4418
Realm:Khadgar-us
Going Rates for Specific Battle-Stones?

Post by Ghostrunz » December 8th, 2013, 3:12 pm

I was low on funds and happened to see someone in trade wanting to buy battle-stone services so I sold some of mine. I have no idea what the going rate is for these and couldn't find anything on the internet quickly. The guy wanted to pay 1000g for a beast stone. Since I rarely used any of my stones and have been saving them for a long time, and since I had less of the beast stones than the other types, I figured the beasts stones must be rarer than the others. So I countered with 2500g. The guy didn't haggle and paid the 2500g, which makes me think I sold way too cheap.

Not that worried about it but I am curious if anyone knows what these typically sell for. His wife bought another beast for 2500g from me as well as a critter stone for 2000g.

They both upgraded death adders from the Timeless Isle so I guess those are big for battling these days. The critter I upgraded was a wolpertinger. I haven't been playing WoW for a few months so I'm not clued in on the latest trends in pet battling.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Re: Going Rates for Specific Battle-Stones?

Post by Livingdeath » December 8th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Sounds about right to me Ghost. Just my opinion based off of my experiences, the three stone types that are hardest to collect are Flying > Beast > Critter in that order. What makes it worse is most of the time you can only get the stones from doing trainers, doing the trade ins, wild battles or buying them. I never brought any, but I see their value is based on rarity, demand and the amount of stones needed to rare out a collection. And yes, flying tends to be a pain to collect.

Flying stone value is pretty much equivalent to the Flawless Battle Stone value since it's the most desired stone. Beast stones for about 2.5k sounds fair. Critters can be 1k or more. But honestly, don't think of these as fixed prices. It's all subjective on what people are willing to spend. I have a friend who offered to pay me 5k for each stone I had regardless of family. I ended up giving him a few dozen for free because I have a huge amount saved from maxxing out my collection & I look out for my friends.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 8th, 2013, 5:07 pm

I value them based on how much of a price increase I can get for selling stoned vs unstoned versions of the same pet. I think you did pretty darn good (or I undervalue my stones). I'd say I get about 1k for things like beast or critter, and maybe 1500 for flying. Least desirable would be undead, elemental, human, dragon... the ones that have the fewest cageables to upgrade. Those might get me 500-750.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 8th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Hrm, interesting, had no idea that Flying or beast stones was priced so highly. But yeah, for death adders I can see the reason. But why flying? Is it to upgrade crows due to the hassle of farming them?

Both stones seems fairly common to me. Plus I wager lots of people doesnt know that you can trade stones at the pet battle trainer in Org/SW. 3 family specific ones for a marked flawless.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 8th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Flying is popular because there are so many tradeable flyers that start as uncommon.

Ghostrunz
Pet Score:4418
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Ghostrunz » December 8th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Luciandk wrote:Plus I wager lots of people doesnt know that you can trade stones at the pet battle trainer in Org/SW. 3 family specific ones for a marked flawless.
I didn't know that but like I said I've been away from the game a few months. That's good to know.

So I guess I actually did pretty well selling the stones. I spent all the gold on mounts so easy come easy go.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 9th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Yeah I'd expect the value of stones to follow the list at http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2978 pretty well as the only way you can sell them is if you are upgrading one of those pets. The more pets you need to upgrade the more valuable the stone will be.

I figure on the low end for something like an undead, dragonkin, elemental or human that you are probably looking at 500-750 each with the price going up with Flying, Beast and Critter being the most expensive in that order. I'd say you did pretty well for yourself and I'd expect the value of these stones to have gone down since the patch added the 3 for 1 trade ins. I know I've done that for almost all of the low end ones I've listed. I've finished off everything but my flying pets currently but part of that was some luck with beast stones recently. I haven't started working on the non-batle pets tho.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 9th, 2013, 3:03 pm

The boe flawless battle-stones have been hovering in the 2300-2700g range on Illidan(H) for a while, so I'd say 2500 for a beast stone is an exceptionally good price for the seller. It depends on server, ofc.
Kpb321 wrote:Yeah I'd expect the value of stones to follow the list at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2978 pretty well as the only way you can sell them is if you are upgrading one of those pets.
I think we tend to assume that we are the ones driving the market, ie that us OCD pet collectors are the ones buying all the battle-stones. I don't think we are. I've spent a lot of time buying uncommons, stoning and flipping the rare version. Doing this, the most valuable stones for me (by far) are Mech, UD, humanoid, and more recently beast. In the first few weeks of 5.4, I was getting nearly 3k out of every mech stone, and 2k out of UD. That was almost certainly driven by the Celestial Tournament and has died down somewhat by now. Lately, flipping Death Adder Hatchlings has turned several beast stones into roughly 2k each. I've tried flyer stones (flipping PP Yellow Moths) and had very little success at the 1.5-2k price point.

Jeslena
Pet Score:3240
Realm:Azgalor-us

Post by Jeslena » December 9th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Wouldn't be shocked if the price of Flawless stones shoots up due to speculation on how the new pet breeding will work. There seems to be a lot more interest in them in the trading forums and the current price on H Illidan is getting close to 4k this afternoon.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 9th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Poofah wrote:The boe flawless battle-stones have been hovering in the 2300-2700g range on Illidan(H) for a while, so I'd say 2500 for a beast stone is an exceptionally good price for the seller. It depends on server, ofc.
Kpb321 wrote:Yeah I'd expect the value of stones to follow the list at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2978 pretty well as the only way you can sell them is if you are upgrading one of those pets.
I think we tend to assume that we are the ones driving the market, ie that us OCD pet collectors are the ones buying all the battle-stones. I don't think we are. I've spent a lot of time buying uncommons, stoning and flipping the rare version. Doing this, the most valuable stones for me (by far) are Mech, UD, humanoid, and more recently beast. In the first few weeks of 5.4, I was getting nearly 3k out of every mech stone, and 2k out of UD. That was almost certainly driven by the Celestial Tournament and has died down somewhat by now. Lately, flipping Death Adder Hatchlings has turned several beast stones into roughly 2k each. I've tried flyer stones (flipping PP Yellow Moths) and had very little success at the 1.5-2k price point.
I could see the demand for the upgraded pet factoring and have no problem believing that stoned mechanical pets, especially the tranquil yeti, were popular for the Tournament. Same for the death adder hatchlings.

Shinii
Top Rater
Pet Score:5470
BattleTag®:Shini#1888
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Shinii » December 9th, 2013, 6:32 pm

I have paid the BOP stone (the marked one that has no type) for 400g per for 13!!! i was happy to get

for myself if i sell them (or when i do i charge a lil differently)

for stones i have alot of like dragonkin and humonoid i charge 250g

for flying and beast i charge 1k-1300g

for others i have some i charge 400-600

for marked i charge 1.7k

for BOE stones i charge 3.8k-5k depending on market

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » December 15th, 2013, 1:09 am

Once I got to ´all rare´.. I started upgrading pets that I found on the AH that were cheap, stone them, then sell the rare back on the Ah.

Flying and Beast - 1k ( Gilnean Raven and Death Adder)
Critter - 500g ( basically whatever I found for less than 5g)

I never bothered with the rest because there isn´t much demand and having to relist stuff isn´t worth the time.