Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Re: Pet 'Patience and Perseverence' posts

Post by Tekulve2012 » November 30th, 2013, 9:44 am

A few of you have commented on the dread of pet PvP
I relied on pet PvP tips from these forums and while staring at tanaris sand battled with the OP flavor of the month ( GB spider/ s/s imp) all the way to 250Wins . I was under the impression that 1 k PvP wins was the end of the achieves so I took the summer and finished it only to see that a 5000 PvPwin achieve existed!

My point here is that with the new pets on the scene lately ( murkalot/death adder/Unborn vvalk/brew pup and ruby droplet) it seems like PvP wins are now expensive to get and you have to endure 50 round healfests ...I think both these realities are bad for the PvP game which will get even more ' back shelved' when breeding and epic pets becomes the new obsession

PvP could be fun,fair and equitable...maybe Blizz could create a scenario where you enter an arena and get your pick of readymade lvl 25s ...not to keep of course but to use....I know I would not want to be entering the pvp world nowadays as it is.

Mithrel
Pet Score:2674
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Mithrel » November 30th, 2013, 10:27 am

FINALLY got the Crawling Claw yesterday. The last two grinds for Uldum digs were particularly painful, but better than dying over and over in Pandaria to get Restored Artifacts to trade (by the time I gave up, my repair cost was 125g). Last night and this morning I power-leveled him to 24, probably get that last level today.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » December 1st, 2013, 11:47 am

The Crimson Whelpling is my nemesis. I started playing right after the initial release and as soon a I had a character high enough for Wetlands started trying to get it.

For almost 9 long years I tried. With character after character. I found the azure after about a week of farming. I found the emerald after a couple of days of farming. I even found a Hyacinth Macaw killing pirates for rep. But no crimson. I probably killed thousands of things trying.

I finally bought one this year on the AH. I might try again sometime. Maybe.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13370
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » December 1st, 2013, 9:08 pm

You know what drives me crazy about the 250 wins? Is that if you pick a time early in the morning or a weekday afternoon, you end up facing the same tamer like 3 or 4 times in a row. And if they have a team that kicks my ass it makes me totally unmotivated to do any more fights. I know a solution is to then pick a different time to do them....But that's not always reality.....*Sighs* i have like 85/250 wins.....Feels like forever ;(

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 5th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Morlis wrote:I will have to say my most hated process of getting a pet will have to be the 250 pet PVP wins I will need to do to get the [pet]Stunted Direhorn[/pet]. :P
A trick I'm using for the Direhorn is ONLY doing the 10 wins for the weekly PvP quest- Yes, it does take a while but it saves you from spending a whole evening trying to PvP and only getting a handfull of wins out of it. Currently, I only need 27 more wins but it'll take me 3 more PvP weeklies to get those wins.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 11th, 2013, 7:58 am

Hit my 250 achievement last night woohoo :) :D

Lexy
Top Rater
Pet Score:9286
BattleTag®:Mrglmrgmrgl#11811
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Lexy » February 5th, 2014, 2:25 am

Definitely the Claw ... hours and hours of senseless digging, still haven't got it, but i am not about to give up. I also was stuck on Ixx for a while, finally got him and now I have the Clock'em Pet :) Took me a while tho. I am not a raiding person, Heroics scare me, havent done a single LFR since MoP lol. ... keep on diggin is all i think about and i do the 10 pvp battles per week, i know i will get there someday :)

Index
Pet Score:12787
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » February 5th, 2014, 4:28 am

Tiny Crimson Whelpling, as someone posted above was the bane of my life for WEEKS! The Rarity addon had me at something like 14k+ kills in wetlands before I finally got my drop :) That was probably about 18 months ago...

Now, my son (he's 7), playing on his little lock heads to wetlands kills a handful of mobs and gets the pet o0

No justice!

I got lucky with the Archeology stuff... got the claw, mount and vial recipe within 5 solves of each other, and think I was under 50 solves total for Tol'vir. Please don't hate me ;)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 5th, 2014, 7:27 am

Just completed Leashes 2 and got Tito last night !! :lol:

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » February 5th, 2014, 11:53 am

Wow, lucky on the Tol'vir solves!

I have terrible luck with those. 2 toons at 600 arch and still no claw.

I've been trying to get the whelps lately, tried for a long time here and there, but now have been spending a couple hours at a time farming. Still no luck.

They will drop though! I keep telling myself that...