Share pet collecting news and advice.
Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu
Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Casca » November 18th, 2013, 9:39 am

Can Battle Chest keys and/or Gametime Cards from the US be used on EU accounts?

Mewness
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Mewness#1785
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Mewness » November 19th, 2013, 11:50 pm

So if my main account recruits my wow2, (and now they're linked with RAF) can my wow2 recruit another friend at the meantime?

Since RAF is sent via email, if my friend top up two months, which wow account (I've several wow acc in one bnet) will get this free month as present? The initial account that sent the request?

Anarchitect
Pet Score:6201
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Anarchitect » November 20th, 2013, 12:42 am

Whichever account you sent the recruitment e-mail from will get the rewards (if you send from wow2, wow2 gets the free month).

Eekmeister
Pet Score:2873
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Eekmeister » November 20th, 2013, 3:08 am

Dagris wrote:Valuable information: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/16/gamestop-offering-60-day-game-cards-for-5-on-black-friday/
I <3 you for bringing this to my attention. *hugs*

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » November 20th, 2013, 3:39 am

Yeah I'm watching the Game Stop one myself but being in the US, I'm not sure what will be available online for International customers. If it's physical items only, assuming they'll post OS, it's something to factor in. Also, I'm hoping that Blizz themselves will do their own to compete at the same time (plus there's always Amazon etc to keep an eye on).

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Palatank » November 20th, 2013, 5:20 am

Just got all 4 for ref there all uncommon, (2 critter 2 magic)

Casca
Top Rater

Post by Casca » November 20th, 2013, 6:39 am

Palatank wrote:Just got all 4 for ref there all uncommon, (2 critter 2 magic)
How much did it cost you in total?

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » November 20th, 2013, 7:12 am

It was exactly a week yesterday that I did RAF and got my Golden Pig yesterday! You will see a little bubble by your Social tab informing you that you are eligible to select a reward. When you open the tab up you will see your reward options and you choose as you desire. Very happy with my lil golden pig. What a cutie! Good luck all and do not worry, you will soon get to choose your reward!

Palatank

Post by Palatank » November 20th, 2013, 8:06 am

Casca wrote:
Palatank wrote:Just got all 4 for ref there all uncommon, (2 critter 2 magic)
How much did it cost you in total?
About 200e (got mount aswell 5 chest a 15e and 10 months at 13e)
if would look here earlier i could have saved me alot of cash :(

anyone tried to put raf on same account (since still with 30 days stuff) ?

Casca
Top Rater

Post by Casca » November 20th, 2013, 8:39 am

Wow. We can only hope that the EU also gets something of that Black Friday sale.

Palatank

Post by Palatank » November 20th, 2013, 9:37 am

Someone should try to get a gm to tell them if you place the 4 rafs on the same account maby that end up in only 8 months and 1 copy of battle-chests, and a account with 8 months of playtime

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » November 20th, 2013, 10:17 am

Dagris wrote:For those who may have missed it, WoWInsider posted a leaked Black Friday (Nov. 29th) ad indicating that Gamestop -may- be having a dual sale for $5 for the Battlechest up to Cata -and- $5 for a 60-day gametime card. This would mean you could get the RAF reward for $10, including 1 month time on your main account. Given 1 month time is $15, it would actually be -cheaper- to do RAF through this route than to not do anything, assuming Gamestop does sell things as advertised. Looking at the ad it may also be you get the 60-day timecard free with a purchase of MoP for $10, which, if you got thr $5 Battlechest as well still has RAF breaking even with 1-month subscription time at $15 total for WoW up to MoP, 60-days on the new account, and 1 month on your main account. Worth keeping an eye on anyways :)

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/16/gamestop-offering-60-day-game-cards-for-5-on-black-friday/
You sir are my hero!!
Now.. I "hope" this includes online orders as I will be with the inlaws out in bfe, where most people probably havent even heard of a Gamestop :shock:

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 20th, 2013, 10:55 am

Dragonwizard wrote:
Mewness wrote:Now I have made several RAF accounts and upgraded them to Standard Vers. (paid 5$ each), do i have to pay for the 2 months within this 90 days for the mounts or pet to arrive? or it could be done even pass 90 days?
I actually have a post on the Customer Support forum asking pretty much that exact same question. [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10497540257[/url]. The consenus seems to be it has to be done in the 90 day window.
From a Blue post in that thread:

Orlyia
Support Forum Agent

The 90 days is on in-game benefits, xp bonus, summoning.

At least at this time, there is no limitations on when time added triggers the pet/mount awards.

Do note, however, that with version 3.0 - there is a 7 day period before the claim option comes available after the reward is triggered.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 21st, 2013, 7:51 am

This may seem like a silly question, but how do you know that the invite to yourself is on RaF?

I didn't see anything indicating that. While I purchased the starter set, after using the link to get to the trial activation, I don't want to use a 60 day card unless I know for sure that hte account counts as RaF.

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » November 21st, 2013, 8:27 am

Tiggindy wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but how do you know that the invite to yourself is on RaF?

I didn't see anything indicating that. While I purchased the starter set, after using the link to get to the trial activation, I don't want to use a 60 day card unless I know for sure that hte account counts as RaF.
Log in to both accounts at the same time and check if they have the in-game RaF type links?

Tiggindy
MVP

Post by Tiggindy » November 21st, 2013, 9:07 am

Dagris wrote:Log in to both accounts at the same time and check if they have the in-game RaF type links?
What do the links looks like? or where would I see them?

I was logged into the account I sent the RaF from, and the other account that I made when I clicked the email link I made a pandaren on and I didn't see anything obvious indicating RaF.

I was on the panda this morning, and got out of the newbie area, but without the other account logged in at the time.

Silverstarr
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Silverstarr » November 21st, 2013, 10:10 am

One way to tell that the accounts are linked is to log onto both accounts at the same time, form a party with a character in both accounts, and there should be a option when you right click (or left click?) on your character's picture to summon the other character.

Tiggindy
MVP

Post by Tiggindy » November 21st, 2013, 7:26 pm

Silverstarr wrote:One way to tell that the accounts are linked is to log onto both accounts at the same time, form a party with a character in both accounts, and there should be a option when you right click (or left click?) on your character's picture to summon the other character.
In that case, they're not linked and I've wasted $10.

No summon option.

So, since I don't want to make multiple b.net accounts if I don't have to, can someone walk me through this?
I used the in game thing to send myself an email.
I used the URL from the email, which brought me to my account page where it lists all the games I have.
I clicked on starter for WoW, since there wasn't an option for RaF WoW.
I logged into the game using the new WoW account, created a Pandaren, then went through the newbie area and picked alliance.
I grouped with myself, and neither toon can summon the other.

What mistake did I make?

*edit* My mistake seems to be getting my mail on a linux server, and using pine as a mail reader. For some reason it chopped a bit out of the middle of the URL, so when I copy/pasted it I didn't go to the right spot.
Saving the mail into a text file and then opening it gave me the full address, and plugging that in I was able to associate the new acct. I still don't have a summon option, but Blizzard tells me it worked.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » November 22nd, 2013, 6:11 am

Tiggindy wrote:
Silverstarr wrote:One way to tell that the accounts are linked is to log onto both accounts at the same time, form a party with a character in both accounts, and there should be a option when you right click (or left click?) on your character's picture to summon the other character.
In that case, they're not linked and I've wasted $10.

No summon option.

So, since I don't want to make multiple b.net accounts if I don't have to, can someone walk me through this?
I used the in game thing to send myself an email.
I used the URL from the email, which brought me to my account page where it lists all the games I have.
I clicked on starter for WoW, since there wasn't an option for RaF WoW.
I logged into the game using the new WoW account, created a Pandaren, then went through the newbie area and picked alliance.
I grouped with myself, and neither toon can summon the other.

What mistake did I make?

*edit* My mistake seems to be getting my mail on a linux server, and using pine as a mail reader. For some reason it chopped a bit out of the middle of the URL, so when I copy/pasted it I didn't go to the right spot.
Saving the mail into a text file and then opening it gave me the full address, and plugging that in I was able to associate the new acct. I still don't have a summon option, but Blizzard tells me it worked.
Make sure you added the characters to each others friends list, that's where you will see the summon option

Tiggindy
MVP

Post by Tiggindy » November 22nd, 2013, 8:03 am

Azaelia wrote:Make sure you added the characters to each others friends list, that's where you will see the summon option
Summon worked this morning, so everything seems to be in order.

Now to see if I can get a couple friends to make accounts so I don't have to invite myself 4 times. :lol: