Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 10:16 am

Avalee wrote:Thanks a lot Jaladar for that info. Just to be perfectly clear, I don't need to install the game 4 times do I? I don't think I have enough room on my PC to fit them all.
No, the game files are already there it just creates new accounts for you that will show up in your Battle.Net menu.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 10:17 am

Zíra wrote:How long does it take for receiving the gametime and the pet/mount after raf a "friend" with an account and gametime? In the faq they stated something about a week... is this true?
I saw that too--but I have always gotten mine right away, and I saw someone get the new mount achievement last night and the promo just started so I would say a week is Blizzard cutting themselves some slack but should be right away or close to it.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 10:19 am

Khorah wrote:@[profile]Zira[/profile]
I DID have a question however.
Do each of these new accounts need a separate email address? While I have several email addresses, I don't know as I have 7 to spare to get the other mounts and pets (looking long term.. not all at once ;) )
Nope I always use the same email/battle.net ID when I create mine anymore. You can have a smany accounts as you want as far as I know.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 10:23 am

Kalium wrote:Does anyone know if you could merge accounts afterwards instead of moving characters over?
If you created a 2nd battle.net account (different email) then you can merge the battle.net accounts together on the same one so they all get the same pets/mounts. But, if what your asking is about just merging the individual accounts (license) for the specific characters you created to get them on your main account, no--you would have to character transfer them over from one account to the other. Hope that makes sense.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » November 13th, 2013, 11:21 am

Haevlyn wrote:
Venun wrote:Haevlyn, am I understanding correctly that you pay only 4,99 right now for the WoW? (minus the gametime etc.).

Aka, the same price as OT described?
You must use the in-game "splash" window that states "50% off", but yes, I paid approximately £4.99 for her "licence key". Any extra game time is of course extra.

I didn't really get the "window" the first time i logged into the account, it flickered and disappeared at first. I created a L1 character and logged out (quit to windows).
I logged in a second time and on the character selection screen got a 50% off splash window with a link to click.
thank you sooo much for this! going to test it when i get home :)

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » November 13th, 2013, 11:37 am

Jaladar wrote:
Avalee wrote:Thanks a lot Jaladar for that info. Just to be perfectly clear, I don't need to install the game 4 times do I? I don't think I have enough room on my PC to fit them all.
No, the game files are already there it just creates new accounts for you that will show up in your Battle.Net menu.
So, just to clarify... you JUST need the game keys, you DON'T need to install seperate versions of the game on your system? So long as you have one copy installed on your computer, you can use multiple log-ins off this one copy?

Widdershin
Pet Score:5244
BattleTag®:Snowwraith#2336
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Widdershin » November 13th, 2013, 11:48 am

Worgenbait wrote:So, just to clarify... you JUST need the game keys, you DON'T need to install seperate versions of the game on your system? So long as you have one copy installed on your computer, you can use multiple log-ins off this one copy?
Correct. You just need the keys.

On a side note I noticed within the RAF text says:

"The upgraded Recruit A Friend allows you to email friends and family members Starter Edition activation keys for World of Warcraft from directly within the game."

This to me suggests that you don't have to buy any version of WoW and that the basic vanilla game that you get for the trial period would suffice? Then all you'd need to do is purchase the 60 day game card for each pet/mount that you want?

Zíra
MVP
Pet Score:10596
BattleTag®:Ziradon#2550
Realm:Arygos-eu

Post by Zíra » November 13th, 2013, 11:54 am

Done four RAF's today including add 2 months gametime on each account, on EU Region. The accounts are bound because i can summon level 1 twinks from the "friends" account.

But i did not receive any gifts yet. Several other player on the official forum have the same problem. A blue comment linked those 7 days faq... :(

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » November 13th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Having problems recruiting getting the error:

Failed to send recruit a friend request. Please try again later.

Has anyone else been getting this?

Brisela

Post by Brisela » November 13th, 2013, 12:57 pm

What do you mean by summon level 1 teinks from the friends accpunt
Is that a special feature or novelty thing you can do on the wnew acct?

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Widdershin wrote:
On a side note I noticed within the RAF text says:

"The upgraded Recruit A Friend allows you to email friends and family members Starter Edition activation keys for World of Warcraft from directly within the game."

This to me suggests that you don't have to buy any version of WoW and that the basic vanilla game that you get for the trial period would suffice? Then all you'd need to do is purchase the 60 day game card for each pet/mount that you want?
You still need to buy a "starter edition", whether it be retail or digital download. The key sent by RAF tells the system that the new account is to be linked to yours for benefits and rewards purposes. Without the full version they can only get to level 20, can't join guilds, etc. But as others above have stated, you may be able to buy a discounted version through the game as part of the RAF so worth checking that out.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Brisela wrote:What do you mean by summon level 1 teinks from the friends accpunt
Is that a special feature or novelty thing you can do on the wnew acct?
It's part of the RAF bonuses--you can summon your linked friends (toons on the other account) once every so often--not sure on the timer or if there still is one.

Savior82
MVP
Pet Score:10031
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Savior82 » November 13th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Zíra wrote:But i did not receive any gifts yet. Several other player on the official forum have the same problem. A blue comment linked those 7 days faq... :(
I'm also one of them, but I'd guess it'll take a while since the RaF system is being badly swamped by people at the moment.
Ruiru @ Draenor-EU

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 13th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Jaladar wrote:
Do each of these new accounts need a separate email address? While I have several email addresses, I don't know as I have 7 to spare to get the other mounts and pets (looking long term.. not all at once ;) )
Nope I always use the same email/battle.net ID when I create mine anymore. You can have a smany accounts as you want as far as I know.
You can only have up to 8 accounts on a single battle.net account though. If you want/need more game licenses, you will need to make another battle.net account.

Edit: For example: I currently have 5 game licenses attached to my own battle.net account, and in order to get all 4 pets, I will need 4 more... so I will need to make another battle.net account.

Since I don't really NEED more accounts (I only have 2 active most of the time and only activate the others if I want to do something such make a new guild), and I will need another battle.net account anyway in order to get all of the pets, I think I will just put all 4 game licenses on that second battle.net account.
Last edited by Maizing on November 13th, 2013, 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 13th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Maizing wrote:
Jaladar wrote:
You can only have up to 8 accounts on a single battle.net account though. If you want/need more game licenses, you will need to make another battle.net account.
Good to know--I think I have room for this round but will have to check. May have to create (or use my wife's that she doesnt use) account to send recruitment's too and still earn the rewards on my account.
Last edited by Jaladar on November 13th, 2013, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » November 13th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Wow!
Thanks for the awesome info folks!! I greatly appreciate it..
I have a digital key I have been sitting on, so I may use to grab a quick pet.. $20 aint "tooo" bad for a pet and extra account..

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » November 13th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Blizzard has just temporarily disabled recruit-a-friend, but it should be up again soon.

https://twitter.com/blizzardcs

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » November 13th, 2013, 4:48 pm

its but up but im still getting errors trying to send invites :(

so sad after looking forward to it!

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11274
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » November 13th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Thanks for all the helpful tips! I was a bit bummed that it wasn't the Resurrection pets, as I could just reactive an account for a new pet, but RAF will work.

As Black Friday isn't to far off - good idea on waiting to see if a cheap copy is available or digital (preferred!)

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » November 14th, 2013, 12:42 pm

I finally managed to send my invite but was a bit sad to see i didnt have the window that had the game for cheaper :( I'll give it another go otherwiswe ill wait till back friday

*EDIT* I got the window you have to click super fast!

Bought my 2 game cards, but where do you see the option to claim the reward?