How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Mewness
Posts:21
Joined:July 7th, 2011
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Mewness#1785
Realm:Barthilas-US
Contact:
Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Mewness » November 22nd, 2013, 9:02 am

Mewness wrote:So if my main account recruits my wow2, (and now they're linked with RAF) can my wow2 recruit another friend at the meantime?
Anyone can answer this? Cause i recruited myself (wow2) and my new account purpose to recruit my hubby so that we can be linked. Does it work? (My main →my wow 2 → my hubby acc)

User avatar
Tiggindy
MVP
Posts:251
Joined:December 19th, 2007
Pet Score:10119
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Tiggindy » November 22nd, 2013, 10:21 am

Mewness wrote:Anyone can answer this? Cause i recruited myself (wow2) and my new account purpose to recruit my hubby so that we can be linked. Does it work? (My main →my wow 2 → my hubby acc)
I don't know if there would be an internal timer or not. I wouldn't expect so, since if the new account has some paid sub time, it should be treated as a full regular account.

I'd say try it, the worst that happens is that your hubby has a trial account that's not RaF'd.

Iamwhatis
Posts:83
Joined:April 21st, 2013
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Iamwhatis » November 23rd, 2013, 5:52 pm

So my main account sent a RAF to the same email I use for my blizz account. It did not go through. Waited, logged out completely, tried again didn’t work, logged off the game again and shut down the computer waited 3 hours turned everything back on still no invite on my email account which is the same as my blizz account email. Sent invite to a different email I have that is also mine. That invite went through. I clicked on the link and activated a free starter addition using my main blizz account. It all worked and I have WOW 1 and WOW 2.

First question: does anyone know why the first invite did not work?

Second question: does anyone know if using the free starter version can work to get the RAF pet or what do I need to do?

I created a character on WOW 2 and used my main on WOW 1 to summon him to his location.

Third question: Does the fact that I was able to summon the new character on the WOW 2 account to the same location as the character on the WOW 1 account using summon friend from the WOW 1 account mean that they are linked via RAF?

Forth question: So all I need to do now is use my 60 day time card on my WOW 2 account and I should get the option to get the pet in 7 days?

Thanks all for your help and this great idea.

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
Posts:379
Joined:September 26th, 2012
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Dakaf » November 24th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Iamwhatis wrote:
First question: does anyone know why the first invite did not work?

Second question: does anyone know if using the free starter version can work to get the RAF pet or what do I need to do?

Third question: Does the fact that I was able to summon the new character on the WOW 2 account to the same location as the character on the WOW 1 account using summon friend from the WOW 1 account mean that they are linked via RAF?

Forth question: So all I need to do now is use my 60 day time card on my WOW 2 account and I should get the option to get the pet in 7 days?

Thanks all for your help and this great idea.
1) No idea, sorry! Just didn't want to make it look like i randomly ignored the question.
2) You will need to buy the retail battle-chest. Right now there is a splash screen that will give you the game for $10. Create the toon, then log in, and log out completely. The second time, the splash screen will stay open for as long as you need it to.
3) Yes, that does mean they're linked.
4) If you've bought the retail game, yes, throw the game time in and in a week, you'll get another pet or mount!
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
Posts:2603
Joined:June 4th, 2008
Pet Score:10460
Realm:Proudmoore-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Quintessence » November 24th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Iamwhatis wrote:First question: does anyone know why the first invite did not work?
This happened to me as well when I was RAF'ing myself. I think it's just a bug/lag in the system. After waiting a few moments, I tried sending a RAF invite to my main account's email again and it worked fine.
Image
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Iamwhatis
Posts:83
Joined:April 21st, 2013
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Iamwhatis » November 25th, 2013, 2:21 pm

When I sent the invite a friend email to one of my other emails this is the response I got:

Click here to activate your Free Starter Edition! - This invitation will expire in 7 days.

You must use the link above or the URL below in order for your accounts to be linked and receive Recruit-a-Friend benefits including:
• Earn triple the experience* when you're grouped together with (your friend).
• You and (your friend) will have the ability to summon each other from any point in the world.
• For every two levels of experience you earn, you can grant one level of experience to any one of your or (your _________friend’s) characters of a lower level.
• If you purchase 1 month of World of Warcraft game time, (your friend) will get 1 month of FREE World of _________Warcraft game time.
• If you purchase 2 months of World of Warcraft game time, (your friend) will receive an EPIC in-game mount.

The last bullet only talks about the mount. That is just wrong, correct? I will be able to choose won’t I? Between a mount or a pet? Right?

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
Posts:2603
Joined:June 4th, 2008
Pet Score:10460
Realm:Proudmoore-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Quintessence » November 25th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Iamwhatis wrote:The last bullet only talks about the mount. That is just wrong, correct? I will be able to choose won’t I? Between a mount or a pet? Right?
Yea, the email wasn't really updated to match the revamp of the system. You can pick between a mount or a pet for the reward.
Image
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

User avatar
Tiggindy
MVP
Posts:251
Joined:December 19th, 2007
Pet Score:10119
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Tiggindy » November 25th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Dakaf wrote:2) You will need to buy the retail battle-chest. Right now there is a splash screen that will give you the game for $10. Create the toon, then log in, and log out completely. The second time, the splash screen will stay open for as long as you need it to.
FWIW, there's a link on page 3 (I think) for a $5 battle chest.

The link worked for me, but the next time I logged into the starter account it still wanted me to upgrade for $10, skipping and going into the game I couldn't trade since it insisted I was a starter account. Logging out and clicking the link didn't clear the popup (and there's no option to close it), but the only upgrade available was pandaria. So I logged out and did other stuff for a couple hours, when I came back it had accepted that I had upgraded, and I could give myself the bags.

User avatar
Khorah
Posts:197
Joined:January 16th, 2009
Pet Score:9300
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Khorah » November 26th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Has anyone seen specific confirmation about Gamestop's price on time cards? I have seen leaked copies of the flyer which show the $5 battle chest, but I dont see anything about cheap time cards, except when you buy SC. Anyone have any definitive info? I aint too keen on tracking out at midnight to get cards that arent actually there :shock:
Image

User avatar
Dagris
Top Rater
Posts:98
Joined:December 21st, 2007
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Dagris » November 26th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Khorah wrote:Has anyone seen specific confirmation about Gamestop's price on time cards? I have seen leaked copies of the flyer which show the $5 battle chest, but I dont see anything about cheap time cards, except when you buy SC. Anyone have any definitive info? I aint too keen on tracking out at midnight to get cards that arent actually there :shock:
Wowinsider just posted an update about this (http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/26/correction-gamestops-black-friday-deals/). It looks like it breaks down to $5 Battlechest, and $10 Mists of Pandaria, which comes with a 60-day gametime card. So you can still break even on the RAF deal, getting a Battlechest, MoP, and 2 months gametime for $15 for the friend account, giving 1 free month on the main account saving $15.

User avatar
Khorah
Posts:197
Joined:January 16th, 2009
Pet Score:9300
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Khorah » November 26th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Thanks.. I had missed the MoP part.. that aint bad at all.. wonder how many they will let us buy :roll:
Image

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
Posts:379
Joined:September 26th, 2012
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Dakaf » November 26th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Dagris wrote:
Khorah wrote:Has anyone seen specific confirmation about Gamestop's price on time cards? I have seen leaked copies of the flyer which show the $5 battle chest, but I dont see anything about cheap time cards, except when you buy SC. Anyone have any definitive info? I aint too keen on tracking out at midnight to get cards that arent actually there :shock:
Wowinsider just posted an update about this (http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/26/correction-gamestops-black-friday-deals/). It looks like it breaks down to $5 Battlechest, and $10 Mists of Pandaria, which comes with a 60-day gametime card. So you can still break even on the RAF deal, getting a Battlechest, MoP, and 2 months gametime for $15 for the friend account, giving 1 free month on the main account saving $15.
Won't know till Friday, but others are speculating that you just get a code for the battlechest, NOT game time. I still hope to confirm, I might be late to work Friday to pick some up if I'm wrong with prior statement.
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Maizing
Posts:376
Joined:October 15th, 2012
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Maizing » November 26th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Iamwhatis wrote:First question: does anyone know why the first invite did not work?
This happened to me as well when I was RAF'ing myself. I think it's just a bug/lag in the system. After waiting a few moments, I tried sending a RAF invite to my main account's email again and it worked fine.
I think the problem may be because you sent the invite to the same email as the email used to issue the invite. :P Personally, I just used a different email as a matter of course.

One thing I noticed when I set up my RAF accounts... I could only send out one invite per day, so this also may have come into effect on why your first invite did not work.

User avatar
Casca
Top Rater
Posts:191
Joined:April 12th, 2008
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-EU
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Casca » November 26th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Seems like it's also officially 5 Euros in the EU now. Anyone know a place to get cheap time cards?

User avatar
Dagris
Top Rater
Posts:98
Joined:December 21st, 2007
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Dagris » November 27th, 2013, 6:37 am

Dakaf wrote:
Dagris wrote:
Khorah wrote:Has anyone seen specific confirmation about Gamestop's price on time cards? I have seen leaked copies of the flyer which show the $5 battle chest, but I dont see anything about cheap time cards, except when you buy SC. Anyone have any definitive info? I aint too keen on tracking out at midnight to get cards that arent actually there :shock:
Wowinsider just posted an update about this (http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/26/correction-gamestops-black-friday-deals/). It looks like it breaks down to $5 Battlechest, and $10 Mists of Pandaria, which comes with a 60-day gametime card. So you can still break even on the RAF deal, getting a Battlechest, MoP, and 2 months gametime for $15 for the friend account, giving 1 free month on the main account saving $15.
Won't know till Friday, but others are speculating that you just get a code for the battlechest, NOT game time. I still hope to confirm, I might be late to work Friday to pick some up if I'm wrong with prior statement.
No, the timecard is from purchasing MoP for $10. $5 Battlechest is just a $5 Battlechest :) Gamestop has their flyer up officially for this sale now at http://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday which indicates things. Wish I was American alas

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
Posts:379
Joined:September 26th, 2012
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Dakaf » November 27th, 2013, 9:32 am

Dagris wrote:
No, the timecard is from purchasing MoP for $10. $5 Battlechest is just a $5 Battlechest :) Gamestop has their flyer up officially for this sale now at http://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday which indicates things. Wish I was American alas
If you look at the ad, it states $20 value, the time card would be a $30 value. I still hope I'm wrong, but I think they are giving the battlechest digital cards. That way new players who buy MoP will get the whole game at purchase.

Confirmation from the store would rock.
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Warlock
Top Rater
Posts:39
Joined:July 23rd, 2008
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Warlock » November 27th, 2013, 9:38 am

Dakaf wrote:
Dagris wrote:
No, the timecard is from purchasing MoP for $10. $5 Battlechest is just a $5 Battlechest :) Gamestop has their flyer up officially for this sale now at http://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday which indicates things. Wish I was American alas
If you look at the ad, it states $20 value, the time card would be a $30 value. I still hope I'm wrong, but I think they are giving the battlechest digital cards. That way new players who buy MoP will get the whole game at purchase.

Confirmation from the store would rock.
This is what it seems like - a couple people in the comments on the wow insider article said their Gamestop told them this is what it was.

But yes, I *really* hope that's wrong because this would be a fantastic way to get the RaF pets (essentially free since you'd be paying for a month of game time at the standard price)

User avatar
Dagris
Top Rater
Posts:98
Joined:December 21st, 2007
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Dagris » November 27th, 2013, 10:17 am

Dakaf wrote:
Dagris wrote:
No, the timecard is from purchasing MoP for $10. $5 Battlechest is just a $5 Battlechest :) Gamestop has their flyer up officially for this sale now at http://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday which indicates things. Wish I was American alas
If you look at the ad, it states $20 value, the time card would be a $30 value. I still hope I'm wrong, but I think they are giving the battlechest digital cards. That way new players who buy MoP will get the whole game at purchase.

Confirmation from the store would rock.
Ah, that's possible and sounds like it makes more sense. Still worth keeping an eye out though, I'm just going by the Wowinsider article :)

User avatar
Pinyin
Posts:92
Joined:August 22nd, 2013
Pet Score:3803
Realm:Kargath-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Pinyin » November 27th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Also, FWIW, battlenet has the battle chest for 4.99 and MoP for 9.99. Although there is no free game time that does mean you can do it from your house.

User avatar
Valindria
MVP
Posts:3
Joined:July 29th, 2013
Pet Score:3250
Realm:Twisting Nether-US
Contact:

Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Valindria » November 28th, 2013, 2:16 pm

So, ordering online would net no game card. Boo-urns.

Post Reply