Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us
Re: Spirit of Competition

Post by Harval » December 21st, 2011, 10:07 pm

I wish it would.

Keep in mind though, if Blizzard holds true on their trading pets promise, those with the Spirit of Competition should be able to sell/trade it come Mists of Pandaria. You might be better off starting a search for a friend who will give up theirs to you, or at least be willing to part with it at a reasonable price.

Kymuri
Top Rater
Pet Score:13069
BattleTag®:Kymuri#2738
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Kymuri » December 23rd, 2011, 6:52 am

I think that would be awesome if we were given the chance to obtain the Spirit of Competition pet in 2012!! I have been playing WoW since Vanilla. However; while I was a pet collector in 2008, I absolutely DESPISED pvp back then. Not even the promise of a fabulous pet could tempt me into a battleground. I have since learned to love pvp, and every time I look at my exclusion list it breaks my heart that I missed the opportunity for that wonderful pet. :(

Ryshat
MVP
Pet Score:1960
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ryshat » December 25th, 2011, 1:16 am

I was in the midsts of PVPing daily for the longest time to get a Stormpike Ram and took ONE MONTH OFF from WoW to do some other stuff and wouldn't you know it ... I missed a pet. A little while after that I found Warcraftpets.com, realized I what I missed out on and now check this site religiously.

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11399
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Emberdione » December 28th, 2011, 4:08 pm

I hope so. I have a SLEW of alts that I got that pet on and would love to move it to all my new alts.

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 29th, 2011, 7:01 am

If they decide to bring it back I really do hope they reskin it at the very least... the animations are really screwy too, but those have been used for other pets now so we're probably stuck with them. But yeah, it's so ugly... I don't know what they were tripping on when they made that pet, but I hope they've stopped taking it now so they can make it as nice looking as the other pets with the same base model.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 29th, 2011, 1:57 pm

This is one of my favorite pets purely because it is so rare. I love the idea of re-introducing it for a limited time, but I agree that a reskin is in order. For a PvP pet they need to make it look less like a fairy dragon with all the pink and bright colors on it.

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » December 29th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Harval wrote:I wish it would.

Keep in mind though, if Blizzard holds true on their trading pets promise, those with the Spirit of Competition should be able to sell/trade it come Mists of Pandaria. You might be better off starting a search for a friend who will give up theirs to you, or at least be willing to part with it at a reasonable price.
could you explain me how it works? i will give the pet or a copy (keeping with one to myself)
if you dont feel into explain at least could you please put the link ?

Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us

Post by Neuropathy » December 30th, 2011, 4:28 pm

I too would love the SoC to come back. Back in the day, I only got it on one character, an alt, because I was 'saving bag space' /wrists. As far as it's coloring goes, I like it. Keep in mind it was released for the Beijing Olympics. Pop on down to your local China Town and the vibrant coloring will make more sense. :)

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » January 15th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Posted on the official forums and gave it a bit of a bump :)

I want to see this one back sooooo bad! I started playing in 2008 and while yes, I *could* have got it, the way to get it wasn't particularly fair in all honesty and certainly not for lowbie nubs >.<

I don't see how bringing it back should be an issue - it's an Olympic pet - it comes once every 4 years. Hardly a 'give away' and if they still follow the same formula as last time, it'll still not be easy (although, I'd rather see them change it to be like the Tournament - complete x Arena or y BG's).