Bomblings duped

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Bomblings duped

Post by Simmias » October 29th, 2013, 1:43 am

Seeing a lot of level 7 bomblings on u.s frostmourne. All going between 5-15k :/

By a lot I mean A LOT. 10+

Quarters
Top Rater

Re: Bomblings duped

Post by Quarters » October 29th, 2013, 1:50 am

Isn't it impossible to duplicate an item on WoW with the inventory being 100% server-side? Sure, people can hack other people's accounts and steal items from them, but that's different to actually making a copy of an item.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » October 29th, 2013, 2:02 am

Quarters wrote:Isn't it impossible to duplicate an item on WoW with the inventory being 100% server-side? Sure, people can hack other people's accounts and steal items from them, but that's different to actually making a copy of an item.
Blizzard makes sure bots can do their jobs... so most likely there is a way to dupe something as well atm... Ethereal soul traders become more and more available as well... why would they otherwise? :O

Simmias

Post by Simmias » October 29th, 2013, 2:04 am

soul traders and spec cubs were duped. When they were, they were usually lvl 6 or 7. So yes, ofc they can.

Just giving everyone a heads up so they don't waste a load of gold.

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » October 29th, 2013, 3:04 am

Ruststorm wrote:
Quarters wrote:Isn't it impossible to duplicate an item on WoW with the inventory being 100% server-side? Sure, people can hack other people's accounts and steal items from them, but that's different to actually making a copy of an item.
Blizzard makes sure bots can do their jobs... so most likely there is a way to dupe something as well atm... Ethereal soul traders become more and more available as well... why would they otherwise? :O
Yeah never mind, on further research I discovered that duping is real and does happen a lot but Blizzard's official stance is that it's not possible... even though it is. Kind of embarrassing for Blizzard to put up such a naive front.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 29th, 2013, 3:09 am

I thought they usually went for costly high profile items.

Simmias

Post by Simmias » October 29th, 2013, 3:19 am

sad that blizz cant or wont fix this duping bug

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » October 29th, 2013, 5:09 am

There isn't one duping bug, duping methods constantly change as Blizzard shuts them down. That's why duping happens in waves, because when a dupe is fixed it takes time before they find a new one. Often they will also do their duping for a long time while storing things in guild banks, then only release their goods when they got a stockpile. That way they can continue selling for a long time after the dupe is fixed, while working on finding a new one.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » October 29th, 2013, 8:22 am

Why don't they just dupe gold?

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » October 29th, 2013, 8:33 am

Yamum wrote:Why don't they just dupe gold?
My guess is that Blizz uses the same code for coins that they always have, which sets each coin as an individual item. So, if they duped gold, it would be by the piece.
But that is just my guess ;)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 29th, 2013, 9:55 am

I went through Underminejournal just now and looked at every US server with >1 Bombling listed (~50 Bomblings total) -- it was all lvl 1s and 25s, and a single lvl 5. Frostmourne had 4 Bomblings up when UJ took its last snapshot, they were all lvl 1, and being sold by 4 different characters who are all lvl 90. The highest number listed at once on Frostmourne was 8, and the lowest price was 12999g.

LFR for Blackfuse just opened last week, so it's totally expected for the supply to increase dramatically over the past few days. I'm totally aware that duping does happen, but a large increase in supply is not enough to conclude that an item has been duped, especially in a case like this.