Curious; How much would you pay for...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us
Re: Curious; How much would you pay for...

Post by Ishildur » November 1st, 2013, 5:13 am

Ruststorm wrote:So basically you're sayin that level 1 pets aren't dupes? Hmm interesting :)

It's fun to see how ppl vary in the amount of gold they wanna spend on that pet. :)

I for one am probably trying to pay around 100k gold... Always very insecure about whether it's a dupe or not... that makes it "harder" for me. ;(
The most popular process that dupes them seems to leave the dupes at 6th lvl. I'm not discounting that there's more ways to dupe pets though without leveling them to that level however. So I have less trust for any pet that's lvl 6 than either a full 25th lvl or a 1st lvl. Those might be taken from stolen accounts or just be people who got them from the booster pack, there's no way to be absolutely sure. It's pretty suspicious the way that there were soooo many lvl 6 spectral tiger cubs posted by people with very xyzyzyzyzyz type names. The basic thought process for me is that there's no reason to believe a lvl 1 pet is anything other than legit unless it's being offered at a really massive discount or the seller is setting off warning flags, whereas a lvl 6 pet I'd have to be convinced by the seller that it wasn't a dupe.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » November 1st, 2013, 5:36 am

I think people are spending too much time trying to analyze if a pet has been duped or not.

There are multiple duping methods. On my server the vast majority of expensive pets (ethereal trader, dragon kite, spectral cub) being sold for very low prices by level 1 characters have been level one. There was a flurry of recent sales of level 6 spectral cubs, but I've not seen level 6 pop up for any other pets to date.

There's no way I can know whether those cheap level 1 pets been duped or not other than pure speculation about the motives/origin of the seller.

The fact that a pet is level 25 gives me no assurance re: duping, since it takes such a short amount of time to get pets from 1-25.

Guesswork about pets won't get you anywhere; there are too many possibilities, including the possibility that some are legit sales. We just don't have information to make that determination, and Blizzard isn't going to release guidelines ;)

All you can do at this point is go by what feels right to you for any given transaction, and that's a very murky area. That said, I'd pay 100-125K for one at the moment.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » November 1st, 2013, 5:52 am

ye, both of you above are quite right on what you're typing. All we can do is speculate whether some pet is a dupe or not. It's in no way possible for us to tell the difference between legit and dupe...

Guess we have to trust our gut feelings before we buy one of those desirable pets!

Right now i'm probably willing to pay 100k for the trader, only when it feels right. :)

Jettemakaron
Pet Score:2421
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Jettemakaron » November 1st, 2013, 6:08 am

sometimes its very easy to see if its a dupe, but if someoen buy a dupe and resell/trade it then its almost impossible.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » November 1st, 2013, 6:46 am

Jettemakaron wrote:sometimes its very easy to see if its a dupe...
Could you explain that a tiny bit?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 1st, 2013, 9:16 am

I seldom have much gold but, in theory, I'd be happy to pay up to 150k for it. In reality, I'm much more likely to spend real money on one from ebay or such, as I'd rather use my in-game gold for rare drop pets that can only be gotten in-game.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » November 1st, 2013, 9:34 am

Mehetabel wrote:I seldom have much gold but, in theory, I'd be happy to pay up to 150k for it. In reality, I'm much more likely to spend real money on one from ebay or such, as I'd rather use my in-game gold for rare drop pets that can only be gotten in-game.
Guess you're wealthy enough in real life then :) Wish it was so in my situation, but unfortunately it's not... ;) Will have to do with ingame gold...

Haven't come across one reliable enough yet tho... :-/

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » November 1st, 2013, 10:44 am

I saw one in the Black Market Auction House selling for 300K at the time, I thought about it but I thought that Landro Longshot guy was kind of fishy. (Kidding of course) but in all seriousness and on topic probably 90-125k maybe up to 150k if the seller was someone I know and liked.

Rawr... that is all.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » November 1st, 2013, 5:31 pm

I bought mine about 6 months ago and I was ecstatic to get it for 150k, it was the only one I'd ever seen on my server, and it was being sold by a level 90 player that regularly has TCG items on the AH so I was pretty confident it was the real deal (although at that time I'd never heard of any pet duping).

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » November 1st, 2013, 5:48 pm

Hootstwo wrote:I bought mine about 6 months ago and I was ecstatic to get it for 150k, it was the only one I'd ever seen on my server, and it was being sold by a level 90 player that regularly has TCG items on the AH so I was pretty confident it was the real deal (although at that time I'd never heard of any pet duping).
That's an awesome deal for sure! Especially for 6 months ago! Completely awesome for sure! :) And 90% it's a legit one as well, makes it even better! :)

I'm still hunting for mine really!