Will you stop camping Rare spawns for upgrades?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us
Re: Will you stop camping Rare spawns for upgrades?

Post by Talmar » October 25th, 2012, 9:12 am

I suppose my definition of camping differs from others. When I say camping I simply have alts in a holding patterns all over Azeroth. I play normally and once or twice an hours I log onto all my alts to see if there's anything up.

Ex. I'll be questing in Pandaria and when I go turn in a bunch of quests I'll run into the inn. Log off and on my mage who's in Felwood, fly around to see if a Minfernal is up, then log off and on my pally who's in Icecrown to see if a Whelpling is up, log off her and on my DK who's in Tanaris to see if there's a Sand Storm going on, log off her and on my main and continue questing.

The latest posts seems to indicate that family specific stones will drop from the daily bags at a better rate then from wild pet battles. I'm stuck on the Fjord tamer though with hes bleepity bleep flyers.

Safina
Top Rater
Pet Score:8336
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Safina » October 25th, 2012, 11:44 am

yeah I love to get rares on my own so the furthest that I've gone in "cheating" as I would call it is using that macro that tells you that what you are fighting is this quality. I only caved on that because I knew that blizzard was going to change this in 5.1 anyway. Since this is not something that is repeatable on every toon, I am taking my time on all of this battle pet thing and going for the gold by searching and only catpuring rares. I don't camp at the spot all day though. I still have many other achs/mounts/pets to grab =P.

Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Post by Xandrolar » October 30th, 2012, 12:03 pm

I can't say I camp pets except for those that need specific things for them to spawn (weather, time of day etc) but then saying that If one pops up, no matter what its grade I'll catch it. I have my 3 strong team (yes they are all rare) but if you spent ages looking for a pet, even if its of poor or common quality I won't let it go.

Saying that if I do happen to see another one up and while i'm in the area I do sometimes stop and battle it to see what type it is. But once I have a particular pet I stop camping it.

But to me it is a pet i did not have in my collection and I love all my pets. He might be a poor Onyxia Whelp but he's MY poor Onyxia whelp.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 2nd, 2012, 1:25 pm

I've been debating with myself for a week now, whether or not I'll use the stones now that they will be boe. Given that crafting isn't worth as much this expac, I'm very tempted to see how much they'll go for, the first week, on the AH. My mercenary side is saying, SELL Mortimer SELL! :twisted:

Aggressive
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Aggressive » November 2nd, 2012, 1:45 pm

I'm not that bothered over quality for all pets. But some are worth farming for. :)

Riven
Top Rater
Pet Score:3606
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Riven » November 7th, 2012, 6:29 am

It's so hard to get a Minfernal as it is, I don't see why anyone would want to subject themselves to the torture of camping them any longer than they have to. All people need to do is prioritize their upgrade stones - Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling should be top priority, then everything else!

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » November 7th, 2012, 8:22 am

I hate Questing, so if im not Raiding im Hunting and Camping for Rares.

Remember everyone: Just like in Call of Duty Camping is a Legitimate Strategy