Minfernal

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Re: Minfernal

Post by Abashera » October 6th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Sanzul wrote:The fact that it is "rare" only seems to make even more people want a rare quality one, just for the hell of it.
I'm kinda curious which breed other people are hunting for.

When I was hunting mine down, I was only interested in the health breed (H/H). I don't see the point in owning one for speed version, seeing none of it's abilities benefit from speed. And as for power, the Netherspace Abyssal's 333 power makes it better than the Minfernal's 325 power.

So I got the P/P Netherspace for Meteor Strike. And I got the Minfernal in H/H because it's 1725 health makes it good for "Explode", seeing explode works on the percentage of health your pet has. Using explode on the Pet Bombling or Pandaren Dragonling seems kinda pointless in comparison. Though the H/H Blackfuse Bombling in an H/H with 1806 health will make it the best choice for explode hands down. Now, how to get my hands on one of them?

Damage from Explode
Blackfuse Bombling. . . . . .722
Netherspace/Minfernal. . . 690

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 8th, 2013, 8:19 am

At this point I would take whatever I could get. The one time I had a shot..2 had spawn it was early in the morning. I'm on a busy server and the allies travel in packs literally so I have been killed every time I have tried getting one. Its been very frustrating. I'm having the same issue getting the mini tornado too.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 8th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Shikon01 wrote:At this point I would take whatever I could get. The one time I had a shot..2 had spawn it was early in the morning. I'm on a busy server and the allies travel in packs literally so I have been killed every time I have tried getting one. Its been very frustrating. I'm having the same issue getting the mini tornado too.
Ouch, if you are on a PvP server then it's all the more reason to take the time and build a DK on a low-pop non-CRZ server (like a Latin American server). Spend the 90-120 minutes getting him out and into the Horde, then fly him over to Felwwod and park him there. Check once or twice a day (just log in and run a circle around the spawn area) and log out. You'll have one in no time. Then head down to Tanaris and do the same thing - just park him above ground near the hive and log in to look for the sandstorms. You wont regret the time spent and your PvP server character will be able to happily show off two new pets. :)

Eekmeister
Pet Score:2873
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Eekmeister » October 10th, 2013, 3:06 am

Oooh the minfernal. Do yourself a favor and don't camp it unless you enjoy wasting time. The spawn timer on this thing is pretty long and it varies. And unless you think Mumper is full of it, accept that the minfernal is elusive if luck is not on your side, and you may have to strategize to get this thing. But here's hoping you get lucky.

Otherwise, use google to find a site that tells you server populations, then find the lowest pop servers (RPPVP are your best bet since they tend not to have CRZ) and make that damned DK. Or make a few, why not? Then park those toons in Felwood and you can either try killing crap to see if it will spawn or you can just leave them there and check periodically. Make sure to have a targeting macro as well and spam it as you fly/run around. It makes life easier. If you feel the need to try to force spawn, I suggest having a friend come with you to kill critters and battle pets. This did not work for me though. I used the spawn timer method after a guildie told me about it. You can google that, but I think you'll find the info on Wowhead under scourged whelpling and it has to do with things popping up a certain amount of time after a server restart, not immediately after.

FYI, Gallywix is pretty popular amongst minfernal campers but it's a nice little server anyways. I like to pet level on there.

Good luck!

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 10th, 2013, 6:24 am

If you don't feel like making an alt, it should be possible to just group up with someone from a low pop realm and camp it that way. I'm not sure how much CRZ messes up this strategy, but at least it seems to work for some things.

Shutterbug282
Pet Score:2174
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Shutterbug282 » October 10th, 2013, 2:43 pm

I followed a few tricks that I learnt on WoWhead, someone suggested killing the other battle pets in the area, and one popped up for me, I don't know how well this would work for you, but it worked for me. So I think I was very lucky, I've been trying to farm it for a while now. There weren't any other people in the area at the time, and it was late at night. Good luck in getting it. :)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 15th, 2013, 9:09 am

Ya I'm on Bonechewer and I thought it was a pretty busy realm... and yes pvp to boot ...its been a pain in my butt. I'm hitting some pretty good spawn times, but its the group gankers that are killing me will probably have to make a move to get this pet.