Unborn Val'kyr

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gothiqueangel
Pet Score:1725
Realm:Ragnaros-eu
Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Gothiqueangel » October 2nd, 2013, 7:06 am

Hello, I am having no luck in finding any Unborn Val'kyr's, I play on a Full population server but have a low level alt on a low pop server I have been trying to find it on. What is the respawn timer? Is the realm restart on a wednesday (I play on EU servers) the best time to go looking?

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Rioriel » October 2nd, 2013, 7:59 am

I would imagine so. I play on The Sha'tar, and with half-hour of flying about, I can usually see a couple. West Borean Tundra, where the Lich is, that's my usual spot. Was half-tempted to grab a second for Tournament funtimes, even if I shudder at the thought of having dupes.

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » October 2nd, 2013, 9:35 am

Gothiqueangel wrote:Hello, I am having no luck in finding any Unborn Val'kyr's, I play on a Full population server but have a low level alt on a low pop server I have been trying to find it on. What is the respawn timer? Is the realm restart on a wednesday (I play on EU servers) the best time to go looking?
I found over 20 of these pets for other people. In my experience they respawn within a few minutes after one is captured / killed / despawned. The best method is to use the tomtom add on and fly a round on a low pop server (preferably without crz). The worst thing that can happen is, that it despawns somewhere infront of you and respawns somewhere behind you, where you allready checked, so that you have to do two rounds.

If you have no luck at all fell free to add me to your frinds list (Grifter#2539) and I'll pull you over to the crz free server I'm on.

Gothiqueangel
Pet Score:1725
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Gothiqueangel » October 2nd, 2013, 9:45 am

Grifter wrote:
Gothiqueangel wrote:Hello, I am having no luck in finding any Unborn Val'kyr's, I play on a Full population server but have a low level alt on a low pop server I have been trying to find it on. What is the respawn timer? Is the realm restart on a wednesday (I play on EU servers) the best time to go looking?
I found over 20 of these pets for other people. In my experience they respawn within a few minutes after one is captured / killed / despawned. The best method is to use the tomtom add on and fly a round on a low pop server (preferably without crz). The worst thing that can happen is, that it despawns somewhere infront of you and respawns somewhere behind you, where you allready checked, so that you have to do two rounds.

If you have no luck at all fell free to add me to your frinds list (Grifter#2539) and I'll pull you over to the crz free server I'm on.
Yeah the low pop server I've been trying on has crz, I've added you to RealID Grifter, thanks for the help :)

Update - after going to every spawn point I finally found one in Sholazar Basin. really appreciated Grifter :)

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » October 5th, 2013, 6:23 am

My experience in hunting these pets down is: It's like farming for Ore, if you aren't finding any ore, you can bet your life someone else is flying just ahead of you and getting them before you are. Turn around and go in the opposite direction to increase your chances.

I have two Val'kyrs, one of each breed. One I found rare after farming; the other I stoned to rare quality.

However the way I got my two was a combination of two things.

1) I did what I wrote above, made a circuit to all the spawn locations, and turned around if I wasn't finding any.

2) Unfortunately there are few opportunities to use this technique. When EVERYONE ELSE was completely enamored with the new Timeless Isle, I was litterally THE ONLY PET HUNTER in all of Northerend. I got both my two Val'kyrs, and two Rare Scourged Whelplings, while everyone else was suffering the massive lag on Timeless Isle. It was more beneficial for me to wait and go to the Timeless Isle later, and get two pets that would otherwise take months to farm with CRZ and a Medium-Pop server.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 5th, 2013, 6:43 am

Rioriel wrote:I would imagine so. I play on The Sha'tar, and with half-hour of flying about, I can usually see a couple. West Borean Tundra, where the Lich is, that's my usual spot. Was half-tempted to grab a second for Tournament funtimes, even if I shudder at the thought of having dupes.
Just as a side note: you can use the [pet]Ghostly Skull[/pet] for places where you need [ability]Unholy Ascension[/ability], rather than needing 2 Unborn Val'Kyr. The skull does not have Doom, but if that's not required (like when fighting Chi-Chi - Shadow Slashx 3 + Unholy Ascension + Geyser + Whirlpool + Howl + Surge of Power = dead Chi-Chi) he works just fine.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 8th, 2013, 8:26 am

Rioriel wrote:I would imagine so. I play on The Sha'tar, and with half-hour of flying about, I can usually see a couple. West Borean Tundra, where the Lich is, that's my usual spot. Was half-tempted to grab a second for Tournament funtimes, even if I shudder at the thought of having dupes.
The Tundra has been best area for me to farm though I just have one at this point, but when I can find a spot that's not heavily camped or a gank fest I'm happy !! The respawn rate is slow as molasses that's my only complaint.