Upgrading Horde pets as Alliance

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu
Re: Upgrading Horde pets as Alliance

Post by Lolfixheal » October 1st, 2013, 11:30 am

I chose to flip some pets to get 4500g, 2k for one stone and 2,5k for the other. Way too expensive for my taste but defo turned out to be quickest solution :) Farming family specific would take RNG, time and work. While I'm on the DK I think I might just sneak myself into Valley of Four Winds and level that horde moonkin pet to 25 on bandicoons using devour PP raptors.

Thanks for all the input and ideas.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 2nd, 2013, 12:27 pm

Imeagle wrote:
Dragonwizard wrote: but I don't believe the Argent Gruntling can be summoned on a toon that hasn't bought it.
Ohter toons can summon the Gruntling but they can't use it's special abilities, like the mailbox or bank.
Are you sure you aren't confusing the basic gruntling with the upgraded "pony bridle" version? The basic gruntling can only carry a flag for your city. The other abilities come from the pony upgrade.

I can't confirm whether a character who doesn't have the gruntling itself (ie. pre-78 or never been to Icecrown) can summon one from your pet journal, but I can tell you that the bridle is character-specific not gruntling-specific. Using a pony bridle will allow the character who used it to access bank, mailbox etc on any gruntling in your journal. It won't upgrade the particular gruntling to have those abilities whoever summons it (unfortunately, wouldn't this be awesome?).

*edit* Ok, confirmed, my 60 DK was able to summon an argent gruntling from my pet journal, but when he click on it all it says is "Something I can do for you, Boss?" - no other abilities, not even the flag-carrying.

Imeagle
Pet Score:2847
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Imeagle » October 2nd, 2013, 2:09 pm

Graven wrote:
Imeagle wrote:
Dragonwizard wrote: but I don't believe the Argent Gruntling can be summoned on a toon that hasn't bought it.
Ohter toons can summon the Gruntling but they can't use it's special abilities, like the mailbox or bank.
Are you sure you aren't confusing the basic gruntling with the upgraded "pony bridle" version? The basic gruntling can only carry a flag for your city. The other abilities come from the pony upgrade.
I don't know, it's been so long since I earned him I don't' remember. I do know that when I tried last week to access his mailbox on an alt that the mailbox option wasn't available.