Weird incident on pvp server

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Weird incident on pvp server

Post by Colar » October 17th, 2012, 12:02 pm

I was fighting 3 pets and I had captured one but still had 2 more to fight in order to win the captured pet. I was doing well until an AOE from an ally knocked me out of the battle, I bet that ally wasn't aware I was right there :lol: Poor level 80 ally died quickly to me.

Then I noticed in the chat that I had successfully captured the pet, even though the battle never ended and the wild pet that I originally clicked on is still running about. The pet is in my journal. :?:

Checking Blizzard forum, certain AOE spell from player on PVP server will break opposing faction's pet battle but there was nothing about ninja-keeping the pet without actually completing the battle. So how did I get to keep the pet before the battle ended? A bug?

Kingdms

Re: Weird incident on pvp server

Post by Kingdms » October 17th, 2012, 1:08 pm

Sounds like a bug, but it might be intended behavior. Just report it as a potential bug and keep playing. And enjoy your Rare.

Zigmond

Re: Weird incident on pvp server

Post by Zigmond » October 17th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Colar wrote:Then I noticed in the chat that I had successfully captured the pet, even though the battle never ended and the wild pet that I originally clicked on is still running about. The pet is in my journal. :?:
Same thing happened to me. I was battling and captured the first (rare) pet and then a mob attacked my hunter pet. I killed the mob re-battled/captured the wild pet and when I went to my journal after I had 2 rares of that pet.