Rarity of (pre-Pandaria) Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Draugarögnir
Pet Score:1187
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu
Rarity of (pre-Pandaria) Pets

Post by Draugarögnir » October 17th, 2012, 8:02 am

I have an addon that colors the name/type of a pet according to its rarity. It colors the basic pets like Black Kingsnake, Blue Moth, Golden Dragonhawk and Silver Tabby green=uncommon. Also, it colors the tournament pets green=uncommon; the store pets (like Lil' Ragnaross) and the Archeology pets (like Fossilized Hatchling) are blue=rare.

Is there any base for this? Before I used this addon, these pets where just white and seemed to be outside the rarity system. I never built an addon but I assume it will be easier to stick to actual game data (meaning the coloring does properly reflect rarity) than to have some buid-in system mae up by the addon designer...

Faela
MVP
Pet Score:2774
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Re: Rarity of (pre-Pandaria) Pets

Post by Faela » October 17th, 2012, 9:33 am

From what I understand, the addon is pulling rarity data directly from the server. It seems that those pets do have a rarity, it's just not displayed in the default interface. I'm pretty sure I read that it will be displayed by default in 5.1 when we get the upgrade stones.

Draugarögnir
Pet Score:1187
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Re: Rarity of (pre-Pandaria) Pets

Post by Draugarögnir » October 17th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Faela wrote:From what I understand, the addon is pulling rarity data directly from the server. It seems that those pets do have a rarity, it's just not displayed in the default interface. I'm pretty sure I read that it will be displayed by default in 5.1 when we get the upgrade stones.
Yes, I hope so. Although I do hate having to revise my addons (not just regarding pets, but all of them. I don't use the Curse client, and won't)

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised the Tournament Pets are uncommon rather than rare. I spent an awfully long time to get the Horde pets and quite some gold to obtain the Alliance versions!

I'll probably upgrade at least the Tirisfal Batling to Rare quality. Not because it is my absolute favorite (although he's in my top) but rather because he's kind of a herald pet for the Forsaken.