Two pets, which to choose - Stats

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Spectere
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Deathwing-us
Two pets, which to choose - Stats

Post by Spectere » October 16th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I posted this on the WOW forums but then I thought I would ask here as well

Twice I've managed to get a pet of the same rarity that has different stats. My example is this

Silithid Hatchling - Uncommon
HP 763
Attack 133
Speed 133

Silithid Hatchling - Uncommon
HP 880
Attack 125
Speed 125

I know stats are random, so whatever.

My question is which is better to keep, what is the most important stat to look for in situations like this.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Two pets, which to choose - Stats

Post by Quintessence » October 16th, 2012, 6:59 pm

The choice is really up to you and what you are most comfortable with and best fits your team. There's no "right" or "wrong" stat to favor.

For example, if your team is great on group heals, you might want to go with a pet with higher attack. Since your pet will get healed by another pet, it can focus on doing more damage than getting an attack out first.

If your team doesn't have any group heals or damage reduction abilities, perhaps you might go with a pet with more speed. With a pet that has more speed, it will likely go before your opponent which means you will be able to attack first. That pet might not do as much damage, but since it's going first, it will still have an advantage.

Higher health is always another option, but the way I see it is that unless the other team has pets that can outlast your own by a far margin, the best strategy is to just defeat them as soon as possible. This usually means going for higher speed/attack.

Personally, my choice always falls with the pet with more speed.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Spectere
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Spectere » October 17th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Thanks!

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » October 19th, 2012, 11:17 am

All that Quintessence says is very true. However, I also simply always choose the pet with the highest speed rating.

I've lost too many battles simply because all my pets are low health and the one pet I'm against if faster so he knocks them all out without me doing anything.

That's also why I favor mechanical and undead pets for their reincarnation capability, however short it may be.

Zenbuddhist
Pet Score:2092
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zenbuddhist » October 19th, 2012, 12:08 pm

The most important thing to consider is which team the creature will be on, as well as their abilities. Some creatures have abilities wherein they do extra damage if they attack second, in which case, you do not want a faster attack speed.