Vengeful Porcs.. get them now

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us
Re: Vengeful Porcs.. get them now

Post by Mystik_sok » September 24th, 2013, 2:32 pm

I'm parked on a Skymoth plateau so if someone wants to put in the effort to kill my naked mage, have it, I'll just res him and kill him again when the debuff falls off. I was actually surprised how well it worked last night. I recently started playing D3 again do I just minimize two windows of WoW and play diablo until it's killing time. Plus I leave it up while doing other household chores liking getting ready in the morning or making dinner. I just use my phones timer and go back up when it fits. So far I got on the first day, I honestly think I'll be done by next week.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 24th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Got mine today which after roughly three PvP sessions in the island and I can say it's much easier with two other people... Wouldn't do it again tho. Hrrr.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mwebly » September 24th, 2013, 4:25 pm

I plan on killing my own alts with a character from a second account. It will be boring, but with 5 alts parked in one spot I should be able to make 5 x 5 tokens per hour easily. About 4 hours to make the 100 needed. It will be tedious but like many folks here I am not into pvp at all, much less world pvp.

Because of this strategy I do not believe that the supply of these little guys will dry up entirely. I think about 15-20k is right for this pet since if the price rises higher you'll see people like me spend 4 tedious hours to make 40k+ in gold. Supply will meet demand and I would not be shocked to see prices lower than 15k.

Unlike many of the other 5.4 pets, these can be farmed by anyone who has the time, and they don't even have to get lucky.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 24th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Mwebly wrote:I plan on killing my own alts with a character from a second account. It will be boring, but with 5 alts parked in one spot I should be able to make 5 x 5 tokens per hour easily. About 4 hours to make the 100 needed. It will be tedious but like many folks here I am not into pvp at all, much less world pvp.

Because of this strategy I do not believe that the supply of these little guys will dry up entirely. I think about 15-20k is right for this pet since if the price rises higher you'll see people like me spend 4 tedious hours to make 40k+ in gold. Supply will meet demand and I would not be shocked to see prices lower than 15k.

Unlike many of the other 5.4 pets, these can be farmed by anyone who has the time, and they don't even have to get lucky.
But you do have to have two accounts, or a friend willing to do it with you.

Agree though, s/d will keep these below 40k easily, just hope enough people are watching the prices of them to realize they are going high so they can do what you suggested. The really good thing for those of you who like doing the pvp part.. these are a great way to get money on alt servers in order to have gold for the BMAH.

Mystik_sok

Post by Mystik_sok » September 24th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Mwebly wrote:I plan on killing my own alts with a character from a second account. It will be boring, but with 5 alts parked in one spot I should be able to make 5 x 5 tokens per hour easily. About 4 hours to make the 100 needed. It will be tedious but like many folks here I am not into pvp at all, much less world pvp.
The debuff only counts down while online so thats 1x5 tokens per hour. Sorry.

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mwebly » September 25th, 2013, 10:56 am

Mystik_sok wrote:The debuff only counts down while online so thats 1x5 tokens per hour. Sorry.

Ugh. I don't doubt you Myst and this would change my opinion dramatically. I would not farm and sell these for less than 40k, and would expect to get it considering this will be a full day grind where having multiple toons/accounts offers only a very small advantage. I'll still do it for mine but may never grind out another.

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » September 25th, 2013, 11:25 am

I recomend to spend your time making gold and buying the pet from the AH or trade channel... (if you hate pvp this is the best option)
Last edited by Mystical on September 25th, 2013, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 25th, 2013, 11:31 am

Mystik_sok wrote:i got two accounts so I've parked a couple alts on a peak with my main and I kill one of them every 10 minutes while doing pet battles on my mains account. It will take a couple weeks at least, but pet battles are a journey not a race, and honestly, collecting all the 5.4 pets isn't my current goal, which is to level all my rares to 25.
I have 2 accounts too... and all but 1 of the alts on my second account are 90... so I expect I will be able to do this myself.

I think I will wait until the place is deserted before trying it though. Maybe next expansion.

Mystik_sok

Post by Mystik_sok » September 25th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Maizing wrote:
Mystik_sok wrote:i got two accounts so I've parked a couple alts on a peak with my main and I kill one of them every 10 minutes while doing pet battles on my mains account. It will take a couple weeks at least, but pet battles are a journey not a race, and honestly, collecting all the 5.4 pets isn't my current goal, which is to level all my rares to 25.
I have 2 accounts too... and all but 1 of the alts on my second account are 90... so I expect I will be able to do this myself.

I think I will wait until the place is deserted before trying it though. Maybe next expansion.
You only need 1 toon on each account for this. Preferably a ressor but guild res works as well. Get to a sky moth spawn spot and make a party with your two characters. Have one use the item, the other goes pvp enabled, and gets killed. Release and immediately cancel the auto res. I move about 30 yards to avoid ithe auto res from restarting, and then I res the toon I killed. The killer is then free to log off (change toons and continue pet trainers/diablo 3) while the killed waits for their debuff to vanish. I've got 40ish coins so far and nobody has bugged me yet.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 25th, 2013, 6:08 pm

I considered going to one of the albatross accessible areas to do my kills but I and my partner-in-farming want to play our toons as well, so I found it easier to just sit somewhere out in the water to do this. We're doing this on a lower pop PVE server so there's been no one showing interest in sniping a kill. Just don't be in Evermaw's swim path and you're golden.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » September 25th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Got mine today thanks to some guild volunteers. I took three toons up onto a mountain, set up summons and switched to my main while the other two accounts were up. Just cycled through killing guildies and my alts every 10 minutes. Make sure you have a rezzer, and if you do go afk, make sure they know or you'll be booted off the cliff after the 6 minute release timer.

If you have a very pet-centric guild, you could feasibly do this in 40 minutes with a raid of 25 people. Best bet is assign one person as the farmer and the rest as the fodder. The pet is cageable, so go until you get bored and then pass out pets to some of the people who participated.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » September 25th, 2013, 8:25 pm

I just park my alts (on the other account) at the GY near the alliance FP. I kill all 6, then hearth to drop the flag on Tigg. And the alts just hang out there while waiting on the debuff.

I've only had problems when I didn't move to the other side of the gravestone and peeps kept pulling crabs and turtles so the guard finishes them (and since they AE, I sometimes died), and once when this BE kept attacking me, but when I noticed him, I move, and he got close enough to the guard that the guard beat the snot out of him. :roll:

Itsmnevis
Top Rater
Pet Score:3308
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Itsmnevis » September 26th, 2013, 9:47 am

I'm torn...

On the one hand, the Tauren in me has no compulsion to pay people for being a murderous jerk on the Isle. I rather hate this whole Ordos implementation (no lore or objective to speak of, just an excuse to be an annoyance to even more people than you usually could), and those achievement slots may stay vacant forever for all I care. Good world PvP can be fun, don't get me wrong; a whole lot of my 92k HKs were earned out in the world. I just hate this Ordos thing.

On the other hand, the Goblin in me saw two of them up for 10k, and you're right, they aren't likely to ever be cheaper.