Site rankings

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
Site rankings

Post by Askania » September 16th, 2013, 11:31 am

I can't seem to find the page I looked at earlier today, that detailed how site rankings were worked out. I remember it said it doesn't take into account duplicates, as it counts the highest or rarest pet in your list. What I was wanting to know, when it comes to pets with multiple breeds, which breed will be counted for the ranking system? For example I have 2 x Rare Level 13 Black Rats. One is S/S the other is S/B so which would be included as part of my ranking? Actually is it really that important to have a specific breed at all. I am trying to increase my ranking by getting rid of all my poor and common pets and replacing them with u/c or rare, before I continue on my collecting journey.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Site rankings

Post by Azrile » September 16th, 2013, 11:57 am

breeds do not factor into the ranking at all.

Unique pets
rarity of those pets
average pet level.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 16th, 2013, 12:27 pm

When it comes to the average level it always uses the level of your highest quality pet so if you have a level 1 rare and a level 25 uncommon it uses your level 1 rare.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 16th, 2013, 6:57 pm

[url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore]Here is the page[/url] detailing how scores are calculated on WarcraftPets, but Kpb321 and Azrile seem to have covered the basics. Good luck!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Askania » September 17th, 2013, 2:49 am

Thank you! That has helped, I got a bit confused when I was upgrading pets last night because some rares that I came across that I already had at the same level showed as being an upgrade and I assumed it was because the new one was a different breed. But other than higher health shown in the journal it is hard to tell once collected which was the better pet.