Are the new engy pets cageable?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
Are the new engy pets cageable?

Post by Catalytic » September 12th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Anyone who was on PTR have any idea if the new engineering pets are cageable? Or does everyone who wants them have to have an engy toon?

Swaps
Pet Score:7702
BattleTag®:Swaps#1963
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Are the new engy pets cageable?

Post by Swaps » September 12th, 2013, 3:03 pm

They are not

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm

You can check them in your pet journal and it will show they are ´not tradeable´ even if you don´t have it yet.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » September 12th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Swaps wrote:They are not
Drat!
Azrile wrote:You can check them in your pet journal and it will show they are ´not tradeable´ even if you don´t have it yet.
Oh cool, thanks for that info!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 14th, 2013, 10:02 am

Hmm, just realised the crafted item isn't tradeable either, so you're right; only engineers can have this pet. That seems a very unfair restriction, and I'm sure they will change it at some point in the future. I hope so, anyway. Doesn't particularly affect me as I have four toons with 600 engineering, but still seems a strange move by Blizzard.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 14th, 2013, 10:32 am

Not really strange, see it as an incentive to be an engineer or pick it up on your alts. Plus engineering originally had 2 bop engineer only pets that eventually was made boe. [pet]Lil' Smoky[/pet] and [pet]Pet Bombling[/pet]. Im confident that will happen after a while to these pets as well.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 14th, 2013, 7:26 pm

I don't think it is that unfair really, most people have at least a few alts these days and engineering really isn't that hard to level up. For the amount of pets that engineers have been able to make over the years I'd say every pet collector should have engineering alt :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » September 17th, 2013, 7:51 am

I do have an engy alt, she's been engy since BC, but now my rogue is engy, too ;-) I was asking cuz my buddy isn't an alt-o-holic and didn't have an engineer, but after you guys replied, I went out and farmed the mats to level both my rogue and his warrior 1-600 in engy. He got the chief's book on our first kill after they were 600, took my rogue about 50 kills.

Anyway, was thinking they might go for a pretty penny, if they were cageable, since the mats are so ugly, but oh well.