Garnia

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us
Re: Garnia

Post by Shiranui » September 23rd, 2013, 5:00 pm

Still farming garnia on alliance side only; if anyone's interested in server flipping let me know.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » September 23rd, 2013, 6:49 pm

Index wrote:just posting this, as a guildy thought I was nuts, but also insanely accurate ;)

She was sitting camping, and I made a comment that the majority of spawns were at 52 minutes past the hour. I made the comment at 49 minutes past and she replied "we'll see" 3 minutes later, Garnia spawned ><

This was on Azjol EU, and I can honestly say I've noticed this spawn timer on most of the kills.
Will have a look at the times then, think I got most around 40-45 minutes after my previous kill. Camping with my lock there (Azjol EU, Horde though), 30ish kills or so, no pet of course.

But I do love to see random players charge into that rare, desperately trying to face-tank it with no stuns/interrupts. :mrgreen:

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » September 23rd, 2013, 7:21 pm

Resp timer is near 1 hour, some time a little less. I kill it like 5+ times every day on our lowpop server. Already got 2 Ruby droplets 13 and 19 breeds.

P.S. So, noone uses alternative ways to get on top? :lol:

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » September 23rd, 2013, 7:51 pm

I'd be happy to help :).

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 24th, 2013, 2:07 am

The respawn timer is random. Minimum 30 minutes, maximum 60. I've seen it at both extremes and everything in between, but never less and never more (though if you miss a spawn, it'll obviously seem like more). And despite rumors, it's 30-60 minutes after Garnia dies, not after Garnia's corpse despawns (which takes half an hour if there's unlooted stuff). I've seen him respawn 13 minutes after the corpse disappeared.

The best way to farm Garnia is to just camp an alt up there. After you kill him, set a timer for 30 minutes and go do something else (relog, whatever), then come back and sit there until he spawns. You can pass the time by fishing if you want, and have a chance at getting a [pet]tiny blue carp[/pet] (I saw someone get one while we were fishing up there).

The droprate is low, so expect a long and boring camping trip.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » September 24th, 2013, 2:33 am

Papazol wrote:P.S. So, noone uses alternative ways to get on top? :lol:
I have to do this, as I have no char with the cloak.
Mount up, ride out to where fatigue starts, mount up on a flyer, go up high and ride in. If you get the height right, you will land in the pond - just don't be a total numpty like me - turn off path of frost first .....

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 25th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Waflob wrote:...you will land in the pond - just don't be a total numpty like me - turn off path of frost first .....
If you look down and hold both mouse buttons, you can dive safely even with PoF active. This is also useful if you're ever in a group somewhere wet and expect your allies to try to kill you by casting Waterwalking just before you hit the water.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » September 26th, 2013, 2:40 am

Sanzul wrote: If you look down and hold both mouse buttons, you can dive safely even with PoF active. This is also useful if you're ever in a group somewhere wet and expect your allies to try to kill you by casting Waterwalking just before you hit the water.
I did not know this - cheers. Wish I'd known of this when we were doing ToTC and falling to the last boss area ...

Venun
Pet Score:2735
BattleTag®:Venun#2613
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Post by Venun » September 26th, 2013, 7:42 am

Didn't read the full thread, but putting this out here:

I'm often on the Timeless Isle on a well populated server (horde, Twisting Nether).
If Garnia spawns, people with addons for it call it out on General.
At this point I'll yell across my RealID friends, and invite those who have a char camped there.

Helped a few people before, if you wanna be receiving these yells, feel free to add me :)
Always good to have pet collectors in my lists.

Venun#2613

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 26th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Sanzul wrote:The respawn timer is random. Minimum 30 minutes, maximum 60. I've seen it at both extremes and everything in between, but never less and never more (though if you miss a spawn, it'll obviously seem like more). And despite rumors, it's 30-60 minutes after Garnia dies, not after Garnia's corpse despawns (which takes half an hour if there's unlooted stuff). I've seen him respawn 13 minutes after the corpse disappeared.

The best way to farm Garnia is to just camp an alt up there. After you kill him, set a timer for 30 minutes and go do something else (relog, whatever), then come back and sit there until he spawns. You can pass the time by fishing if you want, and have a chance at getting a [pet]tiny blue carp[/pet] (I saw someone get one while we were fishing up there).

The droprate is low, so expect a long and boring camping trip.
I don't think the maximum is 60. I waited out an entire spawn (kill to kill) and it was nearly 90 minutes.

Edit: Also, the corpse does not take 30 minutes to despawn. I died on the fight, released and flew back up (~5 minutes) and the corpse had de-spawned before my bird reached the lake. There was at least my coins/epoch stone on her, if not token/pet etc.