Release the Kraken!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Release the Kraken!

Post by Mrbeankc » October 12th, 2012, 10:02 am

Picked up the Jade Tentacle and Venus the last few days and came up with a few ideas for macros to add a little fun to raid time. I named the Tentacle Kraken and Venus I named Zod. I want to make two macros. One where my toon yells out "Release the Kraken!" and my Jade Tentacle pops up. The other would be for Venus and would be "kneel before Zod!". I can't find anywhere however where there is a command line for summoning vanity pets. I tried /summon Venus for example in the macro but no good. Anyone know what it is if there is one?

I have tried /cast and /use and neither work

Angrypets

Re: Release the Kraken!

Post by Angrypets » October 14th, 2012, 1:42 pm

to summon a random pet:

/run SummonRandomCritter();

im SURE there is a change to summon a specific ... im trying to locate via google

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Release the Kraken!

Post by Quintessence » October 14th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Angrypets wrote:to summon a random pet:

/run SummonRandomCritter();
Unfortunately, this script doesn't work anymore. To summon a random companion, you can use the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=424&p=4196&hilit=macro#p3773]following[/url]:
  • /run local t={}for i=1,select(2,C_PetJournal.GetNumPets(false))do tinsert(t,(C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByIndex(i)))end C_PetJournal.SummonPetByID(t[random(#t)])
As for the OP's question about summoning a specific pet, I'm sorry but I can't help there. :( I think I saw some notes about pet summoning macros coming in patch 5.1, but that might be a while.

If you find anything, please let us know! I'd love being able to summon a specific pet without having to open the Pet Journal and searching for it. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com