Share pet collecting news and advice.
Koritsi
Top Rater
Pet Score:11617
Realm:Illidan-us
Lump of Coal...

Post by Koritsi » December 14th, 2011, 7:50 pm

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=198662/ ... ry-2-guide

"As such, the questline You're a Mean One... has accordingly become a daily, in which you save Metzen each day for a Stolen Present which has a chance to presumably contain holiday items as well as an extremely rare chance to contain Lump of Coal which can summon Lumpy. "

This really really scares me... will it be another Frigid Frostling nightmare?

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Re: Lump of Coal...

Post by NoxCrucifix » December 14th, 2011, 9:27 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "extremely rare chance" is a bit of an exaggeration on the author's part. I would expect the lump of coal to have no less a chance of dropping than any other holiday pet, and if he follows the trend of the Squashling from Hallow's Eve, he might even be BoE.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 15th, 2011, 3:39 am

NoxCrucifix wrote:he might even be BoE.
I'd love it if Lumpy were BoE, but I wouldn't count on it. :( Both Wowhead and the official Battle.net armory are listing it as BoP.

In any case, I'm hoping that it won't be too low of a droprate from the Stolen Present!

PS: Not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended but Atlasloot and Wowhead are both reporting that the original Clockwork Rocket Bot (from 2007) has a chance to also drop from the Stolen Present. :O
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Marbelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:2391
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Marbelle » December 15th, 2011, 4:09 am

Quintessence wrote: PS: Not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended but Atlasloot and Wowhead are both reporting that the original Clockwork Rocket Bot (from 2007) has a chance to also drop from the Stolen Present. :O
I can confirm this, just got a 2007 Clockwork Rocket Bot and the achievement on an alt :D

Quiz
Pet Score:3226
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Quiz » December 15th, 2011, 4:53 am

Lumpy is BOP

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » December 15th, 2011, 8:25 am

I already plan on using all of january 3rd crying, over yet another elusive event reward not gotten ;(
But even if my plans hold, there is always next year! :P

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » December 15th, 2011, 9:42 am

So depressing. It makes me not even want to participate when whether I get the pet or not this year is completely out of my hands.

Cent
Top Rater

Post by Cent » December 15th, 2011, 10:16 am

FYI - Don't get too excited when you see blue upon opening your loot bag because the Mini-Zep controller from last year can also drop from the holiday loot bag. First day I'm 0 for 7 on getting Lumpy or Rocket Bot, Thought I was 1 for 7 when I saw blue then... huge let down when I looked closer.

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 15th, 2011, 10:32 am

I got Lumpy from my first daily quest bag and so did another guildie. I guess the drop chance isn't too low? Or maybe I'm just making up for my bad luck with 1440 casts to get the damn sea pony. >.>

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 15th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Three toons I did it on today got those cars they sell in the toy shop. Guildie got the old Rocket Bot.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 15th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Doobjanka wrote:Three toons I did it on today got those cars they sell in the toy shop. Guildie got the old Rocket Bot.
Got the cars too.
Stupid cars =(

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » December 15th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Ran it today on 11 characters. No Lumpy on any of the 11, so I'm guessing this is going to be another Frigid Frostling for my main, never to be seen. No one in the guild had seen one yet, so the drop rate is likely very low.

I wish they'd make him boe/tradable/boa or something you could get for collecting tokens. I HATE the randomness of the holiday pet drops.

Chevonne
MVP
Pet Score:11003
BattleTag®:Chevonne#1575
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chevonne » December 15th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Got my Lumpy on my first gift box. I am never this lucky. So maybe it will be a decent drop rate. Have heart friends!

Moritach
MVP

Post by Moritach » December 16th, 2011, 1:42 am

But on a positive note pets will be account wide soon, no? If you're unlucky on your main you may get it on an alt and when all the collections on all the toons are merged your main will have it too. :)

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » December 16th, 2011, 2:32 am

"Soon" is not really what I would quantify that as, but it's a good enough point. I hadn't really considered doing this with alts, but it's actually a nice idea.

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » December 16th, 2011, 10:08 am

Getting him on an alt would be distressing to me, but since I do have the one extra 80+ I may as well try. Desperate times.

...Aaand first alt box has a blue ragdoll. Alright then. Man, the Greench is tough. It just took like 7-10 people to barely kill him. (I couldn't even help, I'm a squishy low-level by comparison. :cry: )

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 16th, 2011, 8:36 pm

I would imagine the stolen present is the equivalent of the pumpkin or keg from hallow's end and brewfest respectivly, so the pet rate is probably about the same. Ive gotten the old 2007 rocket bot on my main collector but seven presents opened and no sign of Lumpy

EDIT: Just got Lumpy on my priest yesterday, so the drop rate looks to be a little lower than the squashling, but higher than frigid frostling.
Last edited by Opallena on December 18th, 2011, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » December 16th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Moritach wrote:I got Lumpy from my first daily quest bag and so did another guildie. I guess the drop chance isn't too low? Or maybe I'm just making up for my bad luck with 1440 casts to get the damn sea pony. >.>
lol i WISH that the fact that you and a guildie got this pet on the first daily meant that the drop chance wasn't that low. So far I haven't even SEEN one on my server, and I haven't gotten anything more valuable than the vendor bought toys

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 17th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Ritsuka wrote:Getting him on an alt would be distressing to me, but since I do have the one extra 80+ I may as well try. Desperate times.
Ditto! I'd much prefer getting Lumpy on my main collector than an alt, but as you said: Desperate times. *Nod* >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Moritach
MVP

Post by Moritach » December 17th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Zaea wrote:
Moritach wrote:I got Lumpy from my first daily quest bag and so did another guildie. I guess the drop chance isn't too low? Or maybe I'm just making up for my bad luck with 1440 casts to get the damn sea pony. >.>
lol i WISH that the fact that you and a guildie got this pet on the first daily meant that the drop chance wasn't that low. So far I haven't even SEEN one on my server, and I haven't gotten anything more valuable than the vendor bought toys
Really? Oo The pet seems to be quite common on my server... I see every second person with it now. D: