Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us
Re: Windrider Cub

Post by Dragonwizard » October 1st, 2013, 6:04 am

I ordered mine on the 29th and it is showing as shipped.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Zíra
MVP
Pet Score:10596
BattleTag®:Ziradon#2550
Realm:Arygos-eu

Post by Zíra » October 2nd, 2013, 8:25 am

I just received my windrider cub. Took 2 Days with fedex to Germany. And i can confirm the code works for EU-Accounts!

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » October 2nd, 2013, 8:43 am

woowoo Just ordered mine!

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » October 2nd, 2013, 9:52 pm

Can this be used on alliance side too?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 3rd, 2013, 1:04 am

Yes this pet can be summoned by both horde and alliance toons.

Cec
Pet Score:4796
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Cec » October 3rd, 2013, 4:07 am

I just received my windrider cub. Took 2 Days with fedex to Germany. And i can confirm the code works for EU-Accounts
I dont understand this i bought a gryphon hatchling on US petstore, and i been in contact with blizzard and they say the code doesnt work on EU accounts! It altso says as a note to the pet, that the pet is restricted to Canada, USA, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand.

I would love to buy both the gryphon hatchling and the wind rider cub and since they donet have physical products on EU store i bought it on US and got stuck with the US pet since i cant use it.

I dont really get it some ppl says it works but Blizzard says it doesnt.

The thing for me is that if i scratch the code open and it doesnt work on my account its worthless for future trade. :-( :?:

Bladerunner
Top Rater
Pet Score:5557
BattleTag®:Bladerun#2742
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Post by Bladerunner » October 3rd, 2013, 10:07 am

Just received both Gryphon and Wind Rider.I ordered them from US and redeemed in EU.Confirming that both codes worked without any problem :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 3rd, 2013, 10:38 am

Cec wrote:I dont really get it some ppl says it works but Blizzard says it doesnt.
From what I've heard, the code will work (in most cases) for EU accounts. HOWEVER, I don't think it's 100% supported by Blizzard, which is why when you ask them directly about it, they will tell you that the Wind Rider Cub codes will not work for any other region other than what's listed.

So because it's not something they actively support, if you run into a problem with applying the code to your account, Blizzard may not assist and could just say that it wasn't meant for your region.

This is one of those "purchase at your own risk/discretion" type of situations, but many seem to have had success with it.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Cec
Pet Score:4796
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Cec » October 3rd, 2013, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, I dared entered the code and it worked :D :D :D
I'm a proud owner of this cute gryphon hatchling, next month I'll go for the wind rider :D

Flopsyhunt
Pet Score:2683
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Flopsyhunt » October 4th, 2013, 2:25 am

I wouldn't mind the pet, but I don't want the plushie. I wish I could find someone to buy the plushie for $15-20, though I am still not sure I would spend $10 on the pet.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » October 4th, 2013, 7:55 am

Quintessence wrote:
Cec wrote:I dont really get it some ppl says it works but Blizzard says it doesnt.
From what I've heard, the code will work (in most cases) for EU accounts. HOWEVER, I don't think it's 100% supported by Blizzard, which is why when you ask them directly about it, they will tell you that the Wind Rider Cub codes will not work for any other region other than what's listed.

So because it's not something they actively support, if you run into a problem with applying the code to your account, Blizzard may not assist and could just say that it wasn't meant for your region.

This is one of those "purchase at your own risk/discretion" type of situations, but many seem to have had success with it.
A possible solution came to mind reading this, but I have no clue if it would work. I see people in the US say they created toons on EU servers for things like getting a Minfernal pet easily, I do not see EU servers as a choice when I log in but I never tried to find them either. But my point is if we can make a toon there, then they should be able to make a toon in the US and could easily redeem the code in the US, as I assume pets account wide must also cross realms over seas if we can get a Minfernal on EU to have on a US based collector toon.
Wave

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » October 4th, 2013, 8:32 am

Waveryn wrote:A possible solution came to mind reading this, but I have no clue if it would work. I see people in the US say they created toons on EU servers for things like getting a Minfernal pet easily, I do not see EU servers as a choice when I log in but I never tried to find them either. But my point is if we can make a toon there, then they should be able to make a toon in the US and could easily redeem the code in the US, as I assume pets account wide must also cross realms over seas if we can get a Minfernal on EU to have on a US based collector toon.

The US and EU servers have completely seperate licenses. To play on EU you have to purchase a EU license of WoW and the same goes for the US version. What you have probably seen is US creating toons on a Oceanic server as those share the same WoW license.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » October 6th, 2013, 3:32 am

I just saw on Ebay someone selling a windrider for 115 dollar and people are actually bidding on it. Descriptions says Limited edition and sold out.
Someone else is selling the gryphon for 50 dollar and says it's an exclusive gift from Blizzcon.

The nerve of some people!

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » October 6th, 2013, 3:45 am

Maybe I should just pay the gold while I can. I need this for the "Crazy Cat Lady" title too. Either way it's far less expensive than a spectral tiger cub! 100k !!!

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » October 6th, 2013, 6:27 am

I have often really regratted, that I didnt buy this little baby back when it was in stock in the EU store. I actually looked at it many times and thought .. maybe in a few months when I feel I have more money for it and less I need to spend them on.
I do buy all blizzard pets and mounts, but only like once or twice a year, and then I order all those I am missing.
I thought I had all the time in the world .. I was wrong.

I was so happy when I read inhere it was back in the store, was however a bit ... unsure since it was only on the US store.
Read all the posts inhere, thought YES !! It will work and they send it to EU, and started to order it...

and cancelled the order .. I have to say I am pretty miffed over the fact, that the shipping will cost me more then the pet itself. 58 Dollars in total for the pet and the shipping actually to have it sent to Denmark.

So I am stitting here still windrider-less, feeling miffed and unsure and wondering just how much I want to pay for the pet and if it is really worth it. Scared it will take me so long to bite the sour apple it will be sold out when I am ready to give in.

Bob850
Pet Score:3046
BattleTag®:Bob#11850
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bob850 » October 6th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Just wanted to give a heads up to people. The Wind Rider Cub is currently SOLD OUT once again. Glad I got mine last week!

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » October 8th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Thanks to this forum I managed to pick one up before they sold out :D . Shipping to New Zealand was rather expensive but I get the in game pet and my GF gets the plushi for brownie points (she loves it) = Win win :).

Cheln
Pet Score:5060
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cheln » October 8th, 2013, 7:49 pm

I didn't see this post but luckily I saw someone mention the windrider on the message boards and ordered one and looks like just in time. I wonder how many were made. Cost me a lot in postage but arrived super quick.
Feeling blessed.

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » October 9th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Hopefully they'll be back in stock for Christmas.... :(

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 9th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Shiranui wrote:Hopefully they'll be back in stock for Christmas.... :(
The fact that they were able to sell so well this last week is why anyone would be crazy to think they wouldn't make more. A lot of demand.