Filthling question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pubrulz
Pet Score:5234
Realm:Bladefist-us
Filthling question

Post by Pubrulz » August 5th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Some wowhead users say there's no way to make the elite one that drops this pet spawn. Other say you can round up all the little ones, kill them, and eventually an elite will spawn. Does anyone know definitively? This is one of the few pets I lack, and I want to get it, even though it most likely won't have much use.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Filthling question

Post by Quintessence » August 5th, 2013, 8:44 pm

A comment on Wowhead best describes what occurs with the mobs:
Its as simple as this, the quivering filth have a dynamic respawn, any respawn has a chance to be elite. So if you kill them faster, the more likely you are to see an elite one.
To me, this makes the most sense, and I think many mobs in WoW follow this respawn mechanic.

Even if the elite spawning isn't linked with killing the non-elites, it will just seem like they're taking longer to spawn (if you don't kill the non-elites) because there will just be nothing to do.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 5th, 2013, 9:54 pm

I killed a lot of these, and got 4 drops ( great way to transfer money to other servers).

In my opinion.. there isn´t any really secret to it. You kill the non-elites, and that gives the elites a chance to spawn in it´s place. There was some speculation that the stuff being cast-off could influence an elite to spawn, but I just didn´t see it. The ones that are up top, out of the pit were just as likely to spawn in as elites as the ones in the pit that were being bombarded with ´junk´ cast off from other kills.

Based off of ilvl 500ish dps killing stuff without any competition, you should see about a drop per hour. Kill everything, but if you see an elite rush to it so nobody else tags it.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » August 6th, 2013, 3:33 am

I've seen elites appear out of thin air, even when no-one was killing small ones, but the best way to spawn them is the following:
Kill every filthling in the bigger part of the pool, empty it out completely. The faster you do, the better cause they respawn very fast. Best is to agro a bunch of them and AoE them down (if you have such an attack).
When it's empty, go to the thinner part of the pool and do the same. If it's empty there, go back to the bigger part of the pool and start killing again. Now you have a close to 100% chance that an elite will spawn. Sometimes even 2 in a row.
In my experience, droprate for the pet to drop from Elites is about 25% to 30%.

Slick
Pet Score:1771
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Slick » August 6th, 2013, 7:37 am

I farmed the filthling last night. Got it in about 20 minutes and on the 4th elite. My rogue is 541 ilvl so I took leeching poison and used Glyph of Deadly Momentum. Got Slice n Dice and a 5 combo point recuperate up and would FoK spam to 2-3 Combo points on a mob put up rupture switch to a new mob and repeat. I farmed for about an hour to get a second one for a friend but after 5 elites and no pet I stopped cause there were other people doing the daily. May go back on a non-daily day to farm for my friend.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 8th, 2013, 12:16 am

killing every single mob in and around the pool for about an hour and three dropped for me. While I was butchering anything that moved I made sure I was in the large pool and on average it took about 7-8 mins for an elite to spawn. The lizard add sitting around the pool tie-in with the spawning I think.

One is the speed breed and the others are balanced, so those two will be sold while I lvl up the fast one xD