Share pet collecting news and advice.
Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Sumprush Rodent?

Post by Violetfemme » July 23rd, 2013, 12:29 pm

I have yet to even start the quest line to earn the tokens to buy the item that releases the Sumprush Rodent, and I really don't pvp very much, which is what I THINK the quest line is asking me to do.

Can anyone comment on how long of a grind I should expect when I do eventually try to get this pet? Is it truly pvp or a quasi-pvp situation? Would it be easier for me to find someone (not on my server as it's kind of a dead server) on a different CRZ who has the tokens and is buying the item and have them invite me so I can capture one?

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Sumprush Rodent?

Post by Madsen » July 23rd, 2013, 12:33 pm

There is no pvp afaik. What i did was look each day for the daily quest "Dis-Assembly Required". You get an item that weakens elites, but they still count as elites so you get 3-4 tokens per kill. Wait until the next day so you have all the mobs to yourself.
It took me about 2 hours.

Violetfemme
Top Rater

Post by Violetfemme » July 23rd, 2013, 12:58 pm

Hmm, 2 hours in total by killing the elites? I can handle that and since it's a dead server, I might not even have to wait until the next day to start farming! I think I've spent far more time than that looking for other individual pets (minfernal, scourged whelpling, emerald proto-drake, unborn valkyr, guardling, etc) I will have to look for that quest and try it out. Thanks for the tip!

I was worried it was going to be a grind like getting to revered with the various MoP factions for the first time (without the extra rep gain opened up).

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 23rd, 2013, 1:22 pm

Nahh, the grind isn't that bad. I just collected enough of them for the sumprush while doing the dailies to get exalted with the faction. 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

Bryndylan
Pet Score:11733
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Bryndylan » July 23rd, 2013, 2:28 pm

As others have started, it's not bad at all. You can grind any of the mobs in the opposing factions area, they all drop the tokens I believe (and on the plus side, they also give Black Prince rep, if still needed). Once you have 2000 saved up, head over to the vendor, and have fun capturing your pet. :) A zone wide announcement will be made that <character> has released the Sumprush Rodent, but fear not, they continuously spawn for quite some time, and you should have no trouble eventually catching a rare. Think I got mine after about 15-20 minutes of battling.

Violetfemme
Top Rater

Post by Violetfemme » July 23rd, 2013, 9:21 pm

Well, I started this tonight and doing the 5 dailies (not the one mentioned above unfortunately), I got almost 100 tokens in about 15-20 mins while completing the dailies. I could have continued trying to collect the tokens for an hour or two, but I decided to continue leveling my pets and try for the daily mentioned above tomorrow and see if I can grind it with the elites rather than the regular mobs. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. This really is much easier than I thought it would be and hopefully I will have a Sumprush later this week! Will update this thread in case someone else is wondering about this like I was.

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » July 23rd, 2013, 10:55 pm

I got about 1000 just from doing the dailies for a couple of weeks and then I grinded another 1000 in under an hour during the beach dailies where orcs keep spawning constantly and you can just aoe tag them all while the 50 alliance npcs help you kill them.

And then I got a rare rodent in my 2nd battle :)

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 24th, 2013, 1:23 am

Kyozu wrote:I got about 1000 just from doing the dailies for a couple of weeks and then I grinded another 1000 in under an hour during the beach dailies where orcs keep spawning constantly and you can just aoe tag them all while the 50 alliance npcs help you kill them.
I did that with my main about a month ago but the beach is now completely empty. I was trying to farm some prince rep there for weeks but there's never any fighting. I wonder if they removed that or if the stars must align to get this farming opportunity.

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » July 24th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Madsen wrote:There is no pvp afaik. What i did was look each day for the daily quest "Dis-Assembly Required". You get an item that weakens elites, but they still count as elites so you get 3-4 tokens per kill. Wait until the next day so you have all the mobs to yourself.
It took me about 2 hours.
Just an FYI -

I did this a couple of weeks ago to get my pet. I picked up the quest "Dis-Assembly Required". Since I'm a night person I went over at the wee morning hours (about 1am) and happily farmed the constructs with no other competition. But, at 3am when the Dailies reset, the quest automatically disappeared from my log along with the item to zap the constructs. I don't know if this is a recent change, but you can no longer keep a daily (or this particular daily) in your log for future.

Luckily I had 1500 tokens already sitting in my bank from grinding the rep originally when the dailies came out for gear. I hadn't gotten into the battle pet stuff until after I was fully geared for raiding so I didn't pay attention to the Rodent Cage. I'm such a pack rat and knew those tokens would come in handy some day. :mrgreen:

Violetfemme
Top Rater

Post by Violetfemme » July 25th, 2013, 12:42 pm

My luck is good today! I did the dailies 2 days in a row (did not get the above mentioned quest yet), logged in today and what did I see? About 10 green paws all over the zone!!! Someone must have just opened a crate. No one else was farming, so I caught the first uncommon H/B one (since I had no idea how long ago the crate was opened so they could have despawned very quickly). Then killed every one thereafter that wasn't either an uncommon or had some other rare attached to it. I did one full round of looking at them all and found a B/B rare which I caught. I was working on my second time around when I realized they weren't respawning as fast as the first round and sure enough, there were 2 left (which I had already checked and found to be uncommon (B/B)) and they despawned right before my eyes. I'd say I farmed maybe 5 minutes before the despawn. I waited a few more minutes and no more respawned.

I might continue with the dailies for the gear, but I think for today (which still does not offer that quest as a daily), I'm gonna see if my luck still holds and head to Terokkar and see if I can't fish up Mr. Pinchy!