I'm in the Celestial Tournament!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: I'm in the Celestial Tournament!

Post by Madsen » July 23rd, 2013, 11:59 am

Wamo wrote:Hopefully they add other rewards for the coins so there's an incentive to do the tourney once you collect all the Celestials.
Right now you can buy bandages, 50% pet treats and blue battle-stones.
I was also able to enter the tournament now without having any leveling achievements.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 23rd, 2013, 1:09 pm

Madsen wrote:
Wamo wrote:Hopefully they add other rewards for the coins so there's an incentive to do the tourney once you collect all the Celestials.
Right now you can buy bandages, 50% pet treats and blue battle-stones.
I was also able to enter the tournament now without having any leveling achievements.

That should go a long way to keep the tournament as relevant content.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 23rd, 2013, 1:20 pm

We can buy pets... 50% pet treats... AND battle-stones!!!! Okay, how long until 5.4 is active? Anyone?

lol

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 23rd, 2013, 5:02 pm

Just a heads up for everyone on the PTR, Blizzard is requesting some [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499911372]feedback on the Celestial Tournament[/url]. So if you try it out, leave some constructive criticism for them to help make the event even better. :)

Also, I believe they've fixed the bug that prevented players from being eligible for the tournie even though they had enough lvl 25 pets. I'm currently testing it out right now! So go for it. :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Eridalafar
Pet Score:4100
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Eridalafar » July 23rd, 2013, 8:01 pm

Hello!

Just a small reminder, don't forget that some pet's famillys will have big change on their familly innate ability. Don't forget to check that before making plan on with pets you want to level up to 25 to be used vs that or this oppoment in the festival.

Eridalafar

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 24th, 2013, 7:03 am

Any other recommendations for Taran Zhu?

Spawn of G'nathus works fairly well on Yen. Dive first round to avoid the Blackout Kick on the second, and then Paralyzing Shock to prevent him from fleeing so you can finish him off.

But then comes Li or Bolo, both quite irritating. I think I've managed to defeat Bolo once out of the many times I've faced him, but I've only been close on Li.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mizix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7887
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Mizix » July 24th, 2013, 7:42 am

Quintessence wrote:Any other recommendations for Taran Zhu?

Spawn of G'nathus works fairly well on Yen. Dive first round to avoid the Blackout Kick on the second, and then Paralyzing Shock to prevent him from fleeing so you can finish him off.

But then comes Li or Bolo, both quite irritating. I think I've managed to defeat Bolo once out of the many times I've faced him, but I've only been close on Li.
I had some trouble with that tamer as well, I ended up killing him with:
1) Murkablo (Bone Prison/Agony > apply DoT, spam Bone Prison)
2) Zandalari Footlasher (Bite/Primal Cry/Bloodfang > apply Primal Cry, spam Bite, finish off with Bloodfang)
3) Ash Spiderling (Strike/Brittle Webbing/Leech Life > apply Brittle Webbing, Leech Life on cd, Strike)

Don't ask me why these pets, I only had those half decent left >.< It worked pretty nice 'tho, Ash Spiderling ended the fight with half life left

I am now struggling against Chi-Chi, the bugger dodges, heals a lot and deals quite some damage... I think I'll have to go again because my stable is nearly empty now :( In my opinion, Tranquillity heals a little too much, it should either dodge or heal, or heal less or deal less damage. /cry

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » July 24th, 2013, 9:23 am

Quintessence wrote:Any other recommendations for Taran Zhu?
He gets absolutely crushed by bonestorm. I only had 1 pet with bonestorm and beat him fairly easily. On live with 3 it would be a joke.

edit: Shouldn't have completed the quest. It's a bit hard to test when the tournament is weekly on ptr.

Alfonzzo
Pet Score:5574
BattleTag®:Alfonzzo#1981
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Alfonzzo » July 24th, 2013, 9:13 pm

for taran zhu, flyers do reasonably against the 2nd two pets.

something with a big hit can wollop the first guy. his only damage move is comeback, so as long as you have less hp than him he doesn't hit that hard. Chrominius can kill him pretty reliably. get him down to 900 then surge of power. From there, you have 2 humanoids that do beast damage, so undead who do bonus damage will do well or flyers who take reduced beast damage.

Pterrodax hatchling works well. he's got a dodge for blind. his speed nullifies the kick stun, and his heal helps him stay over 50% hp to keep his speed advantage.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 25th, 2013, 1:32 am

Quick update, apparently the teams we have to face [url=https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status/360219698941542400]will change each week[/url]. That will keep things interesting if not more complicated! XD