Pet Journal Full

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Phearia
Realm:Baelgun-us
Pet Journal Full

Post by Phearia » October 1st, 2012, 7:32 am

I've run into some pet collecting problems today. I logged in early to find a rare Restless Shadeling. I found one (using the quality ID macro!), but when I got him below 35%, I couldn't trap him!!! I only had 2 in my journal, so there should've been a spot for him. I tried again on the next available Restless Shadeling, but I couldn't trap him, either. Someone else was farming for them, and they were all gone, so I left.

Later, I was farming in The Jade Forest, and I came across some of the new pets that I hadn't trapped yet - meaning there were zero in my pet Journal. When I got them below 35%, I couldn't trap them!!! I noticed that my "total pets" in my Pet Journal was 520, so I went through and released some poor and common quality duplicates, as well as caged some of the old vendor pets that were extra. When I got my total pets number below 500, I seemed to be back on track for trapping.

Is there a limit in the pet journal? Is it 500? I figured a minor update or hotfix last night could've added some previously unrecorded pets and put me over 500.

Aieny
Pet Score:2732
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Re: Pet Journal Full

Post by Aieny » October 1st, 2012, 7:42 am

Yes, you are limited to 500 total pets.

Phearia
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Phearia » October 1st, 2012, 11:52 am

Oh dang. Thanks. :\

Runestones
MVP
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Runestones » October 1st, 2012, 12:59 pm

There are 502 pets in the game!! So you're saying it isn't possible to collect them all?!

/panic

Rune

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 1st, 2012, 1:24 pm

Not sure where you got the number 502, but if it includes regional pets like Lurky, no one can get them all anyway.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…