No Epic lvl Battle-Stones until next expac

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tmptfate
Top Rater
Pet Score:6382
Realm:Magtheridon-us
No Epic lvl Battle-Stones until next expac

Post by Tmptfate » June 19th, 2013, 10:06 am

Just an FYI for those, like myself, hoping to see epic quality battle-stones before expac end:
@FunkFreshHill Said that was a possibility. Most likely not going to add them this late in the expansion cycle.
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/347034321384775680

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Re: No Epic lvl Battle-Stones until next expac

Post by Poofah » June 19th, 2013, 12:52 pm

I am hoping to see them never, unless they are implemented better than the rare stones. So whereas this is good news, that tweet also strongly suggests that they still plan to add them eventually.

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Exel » June 20th, 2013, 7:00 am

Just like gear, eventually all the pets will turn to epic most likely. Problem with this is that blue pets will feel not good enough, like greens atm, and collectors and battlers will feel compelled to turn all the pets to epic. But it's expected as the game progresses.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » June 20th, 2013, 9:01 am

Poofah wrote:I am hoping to see them never
Likewise.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » June 21st, 2013, 1:09 pm

If they do implement epic pets, I hope some pets automatically get bumped up to epic quality to cut down on the amount of stones we have to get. I'm sure by next xpack most of us collectors will be well over 550 pets, probably even close to 600. Trying to upgrade that many pets to epic would be enough to drive anyone crazy, plus having to re-level them since they'll likely loose levels upon being stoned.

Lonestarr1337
Pet Score:3478
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Lonestarr1337 » June 21st, 2013, 3:45 pm

I really hope they don't include epic quality stones.

There's really no reason, mechanically speaking. Rare quality is enough. If Blizzard decides to implement a more diverse and interesting PvP ranking system, epic quality pets will only complicate and unbalance things.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 21st, 2013, 3:56 pm

I really really DON'T want epic battle stones. I think it will just cause problems.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » June 21st, 2013, 4:35 pm

Seems OP is the only one who wants epic battle stone. Like the others in this thread, i sincerly hope blizz will never implement these stones (after all the hassle it took to get all my pets to rare quality -_-)

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 21st, 2013, 4:59 pm

If epic pets are introduced, we will be forced to level 5-600 pets + new pets next expansion and stone them again. With current stones/hour rate in MoP, we will be looking at one years work + for the sole purpose. Players having epic pets will force all new tamers to have legendary pets only so they have that slight statfavor, and so far there isn't something after legendary and there won't be.

Im sure Blizzard want the petscene to be more fun and add in major changes, keep adding in blue quality raiddrop pets each patch isn't going to last in their eyes. People with full collection needs something to do aswell, so ye, pets to level 30, a fourth ability, gender breeding, epic quality. Something will be added to turn our worlds upsidedown. Happens every expansion so players have something to grind to keep subs running.

Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Hazelnuttygames » June 21st, 2013, 6:26 pm

Giving players epic pets in general is just a really horrid idea that will unbalance a lot of different things. I can just see them adding 'epic upgrade stones' with the same or worse scarcity of the current stones, and having those be the only way for us to upgrade our (large) hard-earned collections of rare pets to their maximum capacity.

Ugh.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 21st, 2013, 7:49 pm

If they put in epic stones all the work and effort people have put in to get blue stones is wasted as you could potentially just have waited and skipped step A.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » June 22nd, 2013, 1:26 am

Epic stones are a very, very, very bad idea.

A handful of very special epic pets, on the other hand, might be fun - if they're implemented carefully.
(something like, say, the Mini-Celestials we've seen in 5.4 would be prime examples of pets that could be epic)

But when push comes to shove, I really hope they don't implement epic pets.
I've worked so hard getting the number of rares I already have - I don't want to do it all over again.
ImageImage