5.4 notes, (woohoo, exchange battle stones!)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us
Re: 5.4 notes, (woohoo, exchange battle stones!)

Post by Ishildur » June 13th, 2013, 12:22 pm

If they're replacing the golden lotus dailies with say a tabard (what, I can hope!) and leaving us one place to catch the blue carp I'm fine with that. Unfortunately things to have a tendency to get forgotten. Hopefully there will be some way for people to do the Golden Lotus storylines and to gain rep/skyshards/do the old achievements for that place. By storyline I mean the quests you kept getting at certain rep levels like the parts that lead up to the thunder king patch where you race for his artifacts. They weren't much but there was I believe an item reward at the end and it seems a shame when players who come in late can't see how the storyline progressed.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 13th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Ishildur wrote:If they're replacing the golden lotus dailies with say a tabard (what, I can hope!)
You can already get reputation with most faction through dungeons - just put the star in front of the reputation you'd like to champion.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 13th, 2013, 1:07 pm

Ishildur wrote:If they're replacing the golden lotus dailies with say a tabard (what, I can hope!) and leaving us one place to catch the blue carp I'm fine with that.
According to a post on the PTR forums, the Setting Sun Garrison still offers dailies (and I'd assume Guo-Lai Halls and the village quest givers are there as well). Just the stuff at the pagoda is gone. And the One Many Army NPC's that no longer have quests are now rarespawns which give rep. Based on all that, nothing really will change about GL rep in 5.4, just fewer hubs.

Also, I assume the blue carp will be catchable over by Guo-Lai.

Ishildur

Post by Ishildur » June 13th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Kring wrote:You can already get reputation with most faction through dungeons - just put the star in front of the reputation you'd like to champion.
Ah, but a tabard is also +1 to tabard count! One day they will add more achievements for tabards and I will be prepared... mwahahaha!!!!

Still, that's great news Gilneas, I was mostly just worried the dailies and those One Many Army NPCs got nix'd, well and Alani. I still have only gotten 2 skyshards.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 13th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Here is a more detailed post on the matter from the PTR forums:
The quest mobs that no longer have quests attached are now rare spawns - http://i41.tinypic.com/2mga9t4.jpg - I've seen Cracklefang and Vicejaw as well.

Setting Sun Garrison is still a daily hub, just no longer requires you to do Pagoda and Mistfall or Lake first. There's a survival ring quest being offered so imagine those two will still trade off, the Roll Club guy's got his quest, there's the quest to beat up trainees, and the Autumnlights have Crumbling Hall and the 'defend the wall against the mantid'.
Also, reportedly Alani is still present and has been uneffected by the changes. Also, since there are still dailies you still have the shot at skyshards from the bag at the end.
Ah, but a tabard is also +1 to tabard count!
There's all ready a GL tabard. Its just at exalted. :)

Ishildur

Post by Ishildur » June 13th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Ah, but a tabard is also +1 to tabard count!
There's all ready a GL tabard. Its just at exalted. :)
Shhh, I know that and you know that, but maybe they'll forget and give us another one. ;) Yes I know, I live in a hopeless fantasy world of greedy little dreams of extra loot...

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 13th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I'm waiting for a tabard interface before I buy any more tabards! They're clogging up my bank and I need the space for transmog!

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » June 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm

I haven't seen anyone mention the Flawless Family Battle-Stone:
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/101530-flawless-family-battle-stone

Looks like some kind of archaeology find, possibly from the new island? I believe it's a stone that is dug up, and must be "used" to turn it into a random family-specific stone.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 14th, 2013, 1:55 am

Jadax wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention the Flawless Family Battle-Stone:
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/101530-flawless-family-battle-stone

Looks like some kind of archaeology find, possibly from the new island? I believe it's a stone that is dug up, and must be "used" to turn it into a random family-specific stone.
Interesting! If it's from archaeology, though, will we only get one (per toon) I wonder?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » June 14th, 2013, 2:16 am

It could be a reward relating to the new Celestial Tournament, but wherever it's from, I doubt it will be a 1 per toon item... if they where going to do that they'd just re-used the marked flawless stone that they added in 5.3.

Creating a new item designed to randomly generate a family battle stone for a 1 per toon award? Doesn't seem likely. Let's hope it's from somewhere not to bad to farm! :D