Fun question to the collectors

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Fun question to the collectors

Post by Luciandk » June 3rd, 2013, 9:19 pm

Ive been wondering one thing. Which pet have the most number of unique abilities no other pets have?

I think its Son of Animus, packing 3 unique abilities. Siphon Anima, Touch of the Animus and Interupting Jolt. Is there other pets with 3 or more unique abilities not possessed by anyone else?

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Re: Fun question to the collectors

Post by Lolfixheal » June 4th, 2013, 5:38 am

Unique as in the name? type? type+race?

Swarm, Stampede, Flock and what not are all the same.

Interupting Jolt was a multiround interupter before patch, now its identical to interupting gaze/backflip/kick, just mechanical :P Both types of interupts got merged into 1 category, deal dmg+interupt if you go first. I do notice jolt is 4 round instead of 3 round but basedmg is 5 higher.

A Little help for people to look up abilties: http://www.wowhead.com/petabilities quite fun indeed if you're looking for a pet with a certain ability type :P

And to answer your question ^^ Grunty has 3 abilties aswell; Stimpack, Gauss Rifle, U-238 rounds. For a second I believed the Pandaren Monk would have 4 but the blackout kick is indeed shared with the Qiraji Guardling so its Down to 3 abilties aswell by name :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 4th, 2013, 9:33 am

Unique as in name.

Mini-Tyrael may be running ahead. Having five uniquely named abilities. His final ability Surge of Light only shared with one other pet.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » June 5th, 2013, 3:46 pm

A lot of pets have uniquely named abilities (especially those themed after something else, like a raid boss or another Blizzard game), but most of those tend to still just be re-skins of existing abilities (I.e. Sons of Ragnaros, Sons of the Root).

I've noticed newer pets (5.2+) tend to have more new, unique abilities

Off hand I know Lil Ragnaros has quite a few unique abilities. In fact does anything share his molten trap ability?

Joscelin
Pet Score:2371
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Joscelin » June 5th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Curious Wolver Pup's Snap Trap is the beast version of Magma Trap.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 5th, 2013, 5:56 pm

Funny you should mention Snap Trap, looked at it today :D

Anyway, I'll call your Tyrael and raise a Peddlefeet, SS humanoid pet with many interesting abilties. 6 in fact Unique by name, doesn't look too bad for humanoid pvp against dragons? :)