Pet Cage Auction House Bug

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hava
Pet Score:8680
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: Pet Cage Auction House Bug

Post by Hava » June 16th, 2013, 8:11 am

I am so over this bug. I logged on this morning to 20 pets in my inventory randomly becoming these generic Pet Cages!!.. I already have 11 in my bank, and two in my mail. This is ridiculous.

Hava
Pet Score:8680

Post by Hava » June 16th, 2013, 10:32 am

Wow GM was quick to fix the cages now. I really hope I stop getting them.

Gruhm
MVP
Pet Score:3358
BattleTag®:Gruhm#1916
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Gruhm » June 17th, 2013, 12:56 pm

I had 5 of 6 in a batch of expired auctions come back as cages on the email; Pandaren Elementals, Pandas, and lil' bad Wolf. I opened a ticket and the GM got me straight within a day. This happened with one pet a week or two ago, as well, so in speaking to the GM, I said I was going to refrain from auctioning pets until it was resolved. She confirmed that was a good call and did acknowledge that the issue was known and being worked on.

It is really scary that it has happened to pets in the bank and guild vault. I really hope I dodge that bullet, I have a lot of caged pets on my bank toon waiting for this to be fixed.

Sparkwidget
Pet Score:426
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Sparkwidget » June 18th, 2013, 12:48 am

I just wanted to update that despite Blizzard having a "too bad, so sad" stance on the issue at first, a GM did restore the Egbert I purchased when I submitted a new ticket. If you've contacted Blizzard and they told you to just wait for the fix, I would try submitting a ticket for restoration now.

Gruhm
MVP

Post by Gruhm » June 18th, 2013, 1:00 pm

I know several GMs have acknowledged the issue, but has anyone seen anything official from Blizzard? I'm kind of hording spare pets until it's resolved. I have not seen the issue in my bank or guild vault. I am definitely holding off on auctions or even trading until it's fixed.

It sure seems serious and wide-spread enough to warrant some attention. There is also another bug where BoF wins do not always register. This one is not so serious as you can just log out and back in and beat the beast again. It's good to check after each fight thought to prevent flying off just to find it incomplete.

Gruhm
MVP

Post by Gruhm » June 19th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Happened again, this time to a pet in my guild bank. It was not moved or touched in anyway, just logged in, went to the bank, and saw it on my pet tab. Got the following from a GM as reply to a ticket, so they are aware of it:

"So this is becoming an incredibly frustrating issue for both the players, and the Game Masters. We desperately want to be able to fix this, but for the time being we're completely unable to do so. We're still waiting to hear back from our Dev team with news on a fix, or at least some sort of tool that we can use to resolve this. My best guess(/hope) is that they will put out a blanket fix soon, which would fix it for everyone at once, but we still don't know at this point.

Please be patient with us while we work through this pet cage bug, and in the meantime, hang on to the pet cages, and keep them out of guild banks if possible"

Peggysand
Pet Score:3265
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Peggysand » June 20th, 2013, 1:32 am

I had this issue with two pets taken out of my guild bank. They were normal when I put them in the AH, the next day when they didn't sell, they were pet cages when I got them from the mailbox. I made a ticket, the next day a GM spoke to me in game and said it is a known issue and it could happen at any time to any pet, in the bank or AH. He advised against selling pets for the time being until they get it fixed. He did restore my pets for me as we spoke. I would make a ticket until I got someone who will restore your pets NOW.

Jay097
Pet Score:1785

Post by Jay097 » June 29th, 2013, 9:01 am

This happened to me when I won a bid for an Untamed Hatching. When I picked up from the mailbox and tried to learn it I got an Internal Error. I submitted a ticket and 11 hours later I got a funny letter from a helpful GM and my pet. My advice, submit a ticket, be nice in your letter to CS and you should get your pet.

Talshiar
Pet Score:6729
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Talshiar » July 24th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Still an issue.
I am now the proud owner of 3 pet boxes...
they should be 2 lil bad wolves and 1 gahzuki
2 were corrupted in AH, the 3rd just flat out changed while in the guild vault
my report in game was never answered...

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 24th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Had a similar problem when a guild member put a number of pets into the guild vault. The guild now has 2 dozen pet boxes we can't access. Still haven't had it resolved yet. Thankfully, most of them are low-level, easy to purchase pets. Very few are really worth anything.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » July 25th, 2013, 2:23 am

oh no.... i have litterally 6 tabs full of pets in an alt guild bank... planned on selling them, or holding my own tourny and giving them out as prizes, not gonna touch them til this if fixed, not sure if they are all pet-cagey.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507

Post by Drrum » July 31st, 2013, 11:06 pm

I sure wish I had read this on the forums earlier. I'm just finding out about it today: too late. 75,000 gold spent on a viscous horror and nothing to show for it but an empty cage. I am devastated because instead of celebrating learning my very last in-game pet, I'm anxiously waiting out a help ticket. I hope Blizz is able to recover our lost pets or at least restore the money everyone has lost. Good luck all!

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264

Post by Angelwings626 » August 1st, 2013, 2:39 pm

They will fix it. I suspect it has something to do with last nights maintenance.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507

Post by Drrum » August 1st, 2013, 5:14 pm

When I opened my ticket, I was lucky enough to roll a fantastic GM named Servotas who recovered my lost pet for me. I sure hope all of you who lost pets due to the bug are able to resolve your cases as well. In the mean time, I think I would give the following advice until there is a confirmed fix:

Don't mail caged pets.

Don't store caged pets in the guild bank, and if you already have some in storage don't move or remove them until the fix.

Transfer caged pets as infrequently as possible. If you do have to bounce them a lot, learn/re-cage them at each step so you can leave a data trail.

If you are trading lots of pets as commodities, you may want to log the toon/date/time you learned the spell before caging em to sell/trade. This way if the worst happens, you'll be able to help the GM narrow things down on his/her end.

Good luck, all!