Currency Idea

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Currency Idea

Post by Imthedci » September 6th, 2012, 1:04 pm

This is just an idea I had. This is not happening for real... although, I wish it would.

Everytime you do a pet battle daily quest you get a handful of tokens (say 5 or so). When you get enough tokens (say about 1000), you can go to your Battle Pet Trainer (i.e. Audrey Burnhep or Varzok) and trade them in for copies of the pets with the Tamer only skins (like the Tiny Harvester with the Foe Reaper 3000 skin that Old MacDonald has). Obviously, some of these would have to be insanely expensive (like the Green Baby Murloc that Bill Buckler has), but they would mostly be priced the same. Also, all the pets that you could buy would count as the same kind of pet that they're based on, but you could only have one with the special skin (i.e. you could still have three Tiny Harvesters, but you could only have one that has the Foe Reaper 3000 skin.).

Also you could use the currency to purchase pet supplies, like pet biscuits, mini-treats, and bandages. (Just in case you don't get enough from the Sacks of Pet Supplies.) Maybe they could even, if I don't mind sounding totally crazy, be selling the RNG drop pets for ungodly amounts of currency (like 10000)...

So, what'cha all think?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Currency Idea

Post by Talmar » September 6th, 2012, 3:22 pm

This is an awesome idea. Almost like cooking dailies and their tokens for recipes.

No reason to up the numbers though, each daily gets you one "pet ribbon" and then each battle tamer can sell "copies" of his pets that he has breed.

Think I'll go throw this up over on the official forums. Maybe a Bliz dev will like the idea as well. :)

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Re: Currency Idea

Post by Mairin » September 13th, 2012, 6:19 am

Sounds like a great idea :D Did the "official" thread get any traction and do you have a link to it?