Collecting - Do you worry about breed?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Re: Collecting - Do you worry about breed?

Post by Maizing » June 1st, 2013, 1:20 am

Ackis wrote:Sounds like a lot of us follow the same pattern... breed is a tertiary concern.
Yup. I suppose that if I were more into PVP, breed would be more important to me, but as it is, I am only doing enough PVP to get the achievements... or at least as many as I can (I do not EVER expect to get "No Time to Heal").

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » June 1st, 2013, 6:57 am

I did the same thing as most of you.

1) Get all pets any rarity, any breed (I usually tried for at least uncommon though)
2) Get every pet as a rare
3) Once I had all the pets then I started looking for certain breeds as rare
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » June 1st, 2013, 7:25 am

Like most Pet Battlers, priority is Obtaining > Rarity > Breed.

That having been said, I have a rare of every wild pet in the game (except for the Valkyr... so far).
And except for the one or two wild pets released each patch, most of them (raid pets, drop pets) are rares.
So breed has become my obsession.

This morning, I traded a friend who doesn't care much for breeds to get the breed I want for one of the new RwL2 pets.

And while it doesn't matter with drops, I won't buy a pet off the AH unless it's the right breed.
I see no point in spending gold on a pet I won't be perfectly happy with right off the bat.

Given these factors, breed has taken the fore in most of my pet dealings these days.

I really, really hate that they made the new RwL2 pets come in different breeds.
That's just not cool. :cry:
ImageImage

Ackis
Pet Score:2647
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Ackis » June 1st, 2013, 3:39 pm

Gendou wrote:I really, really hate that they made the new RwL2 pets come in different breeds.
More than not cool... cruel and unusual punishment.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12864
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » June 2nd, 2013, 10:14 am

Ackis wrote:
Gendou wrote:I really, really hate that they made the new RwL2 pets come in different breeds.
More than not cool... cruel and unusual punishment.

Even though Im a collector at heart, imo now isnt the time to be collecting at least as far as the new RWL pets are concerned. Ive sold almost everything I've come across in the AH and made 30k off the new raid with leashes pets in the past two weeks.

Ill farm them or buy em all back in a few more weeks when the market is saturated and they are a couple hundred gold like the 5.1 RWL pets are now.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » June 2nd, 2013, 12:03 pm

I'm pretty much like all the others.

1. Have the pet at all.
2. Get the pet as rare.
3. There is no number 3.

I'm only doing pet pvp because I'm forced to in order to get a pet, I might do it long enough to get the title, but that's looking doubtful.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 2nd, 2013, 5:19 pm

Didnt know there was a thing like breeds till I reached 25 on my first 3 pets and saw or heard it somewhere. Downloaded the BreedID addon and was shocked to see that not only do I have to find a rare pet of all wild pets, but also in the right breed. Now thats a challenge. Breeds are personal, some pledge themselves to speed and focus on pvp, myself I like PP and HP (where PP isnt available) breeds to get off high attacks and end the battle quickly (in my favor :D).

Breeds are really important, you can vary your pets performance by up to 20% compared from the worst breed to the best breed in a given situation. I love pets that come in single breeds or only 2, much easier to get an overview. And you guessed it, I hate rabbits, squirrels, Moths and the like, 10 pets with same moveset and several with full breed layout zzZZZzz. But why have 10 rabbits SS? Now comes the the fun part, check what pets have the same moveset, rule out those WHO can only come in limited breeds and choose something else out of those who have all breeds available. Variety in the journal but ofc dont select failbreeds, the pet has to stand on its own two paws, legs, wings when it comes to it.

So my hunt is going slow but steady. I use personal judgement, compare with other pets movesets and select optimal breed on each while also getting it as a rare.

Some examples would be the Yellow MOth PP. ONly one to reach that high attack. Blue Clockwork SS, mind you the moveset is shared by Lil smoky whos a HP, so now you can have a speedy version to go with the batter, not many fast mechs out there. For racials; P>S on flyvers, H<P on magics. Imagine your anubisath idol being SS, it would be terrible tank, not bulky anymore, lasts less rounds, Deflection losing value, its humanoid so it gains from more rounds@netgain Health. So yes for a battler, breeds Means quite alot. If youre just collecting the pets for achs and petscore here I fully understand the /care about breeds, in fact it might give you extra spare time :D

And as a final petetion, can we use the letter system over the number system, so much easier :P