Argent Tournament pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Argent Tournament pets

Post by Imthedci » September 6th, 2012, 8:31 am

No, not the ones that you can buy with points. I'm talking about the Squire/Gruntling.

My journal on live strangely shows that I have both the Argent Squire and the Argent Gruntling (even though non of my horde toons alts made it far enough in the tournament to earn the gruntling). As expected, I can only summon the Squire on Alliance characters and the Gruntling on Horde ones. The other thing is that, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, only the character that purchased the Argent Pony Bridle can use its abilities and only the characters that physically unlocked the "Champion/Exalted Champion of..." achievements can have the little squirt display that factions' pennant (even though the titles are account-wide).

Anyone else know what's going on?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Argent Tournament pets

Post by Quintessence » September 6th, 2012, 9:57 am

Having both the Argent Squire and Gruntling despite not collecting the horde version sounds like a bug.

The Argent Pony Bridle is not account wide. Other toons on your account will be able to summon the Argent Squire, but to gain access to the vendor/mail/bank option and pennants, you need to collect the bridle on the toon you want to use it on.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com