Share pet collecting news and advice.
Taras
Pet Score:13804
BattleTag®:Taras#1769
Realm:Blackhand-us
Question about certain "hotfixed" breeds

Post by Taras » May 26th, 2013, 2:45 am

According to 5.2 patch notes:

•Brilliant Kaliri, Jade Tentacle, Tirisfal Batling, Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, Gilnean Raven, and Shore Crawler are no longer available in multiple breeds

I'm sure many of you were already familiar with that. However as of right now warcraftpets still lists multiple breeds for these pets. But the most important thing is that I still able to get multiple breeds of Gilnean Raven as of 5.3. However when I tried getting a different breed of Jade Crane Chick I'm only getting the awful 3,13 breed (I have had 5 pandas learn it and trade it to me so far).

So my question is which of these actually got hotfixed and which ones didn't? Did they retroactively changed all the pets in the game? Or did people who got unique breeds originally got to keep them and all the new folks are stuck with a single breed?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Question about certain "hotfixed" breeds

Post by Quintessence » May 26th, 2013, 9:13 am

As far as I know, their plan was to retroactively change all the listed pets into a single breed. I'm not sure if that actually ever happened, though (for all the intended pets). If someone could double check, it would be appreciated! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » May 26th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Quintessence wrote:As far as I know, their plan was to retroactively change all the listed pets into a single breed. I'm not sure if that actually ever happened, though (for all the intended pets). If someone could double check, it would be appreciated! :)
My Gilnean Raven is still breed 8, I believe, so it seems they still haven't retroactively changed at least that one.
Image Image

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » May 29th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Here's the discussion from when this change went onto the PTR, and then went live. [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2935&p=22365#p21581[/url]

It seems that those pets learned 5.2 and forward would only come in a single breed. The pets already created prior to 5.2 seemed to keep their breeds. So new worgens now should only get the B/B breed raven, but if someone had a P/P raven from day 1 of Mists, it should still be a P/P.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 29th, 2013, 7:59 pm

I still have an S/S breed Gilnean Raven. I leveled up an S/S Crow to have the same main combo incase the raven gets changed.