(Archive) Thundering Serpent Hatchling guilds Pre-WoD Patch

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hadrimmdar
Pet Score:3695
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Re: Thundering Serpent Hatchling guilds

Post by Hadrimmdar » November 22nd, 2013, 8:35 am

Questing is the best and fastest way to get guild rep.

Guild tabards are Bind on Account so if you have another character on the same server who can purchase a guild tabard I would go that route and send it to alt in question.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » November 22nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

FuxieDK wrote:Does anyone have a "guide" to getting the required rep, the fastest possible? With or without Tabard..
Questing! And don't forget to do the daily fishing/cooking quests - those quests offer large rep bonuses relative to other quests.

Smadronia
Pet Score:8302
BattleTag®:smadronia#1639
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Smadronia » November 23rd, 2013, 1:48 am

FuxieDK wrote:Does anyone have a "guide" to getting the required rep, the fastest possible? With or without Tabard..
questing is by far the fastest, and don't forget daily quests. Also, darkmoon faire can also help.

If you're looking to get a tabard, but you're on a server far from home, sell a dupe pet you have. That's how I got my starting money, and enough for the Thundering Serpent hatchling.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 25th, 2013, 6:44 am

Smadronia wrote:
questing is by far the fastest, and don't forget daily quests. Also, darkmoon faire can also help.

If you're looking to get a tabard, but you're on a server far from home, sell a dupe pet you have. That's how I got my starting money, and enough for the Thundering Serpent hatchling.
I know, quests are fastest...
But are Tauren quests letter located, than Forsaken, or is Draenei (or whatever) best?
Which zone, after racial starter, offers the "best" quests?

...or is it even better, if you have a highlevel alt with instant ranged attacks (priest, druid, lock, hunter) and run through lowlevel areas for rep alone..

It all boils down to rep per minute..
Last edited by FuxieDK on November 26th, 2013, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11413
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » November 25th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Thanks again for setting up this and offering it to everyone, really appreciate it!

Questing is the best to get guild rep (not so much $$ at the lowbie levels), I've also been battling some of the level one pets, as it breaks up the questing again through some areas, as well as offering some XP.

I was considering /deleting the lowbie and rerolling a DK as just runnning and vendoring things from soloing the dungeons will get more $$ quicker IMHO, but questing in Outlands again.... not terribly excited by that!

I checked the AH last night (Sunday) and mining/flowers are pretty low price, so making $$ that way may take awhile. As others suggested a dup pet to sell will probably bring in the most the quickest.

Fun guild though, definitely will continue playing some regardless.

I was considering the trade off of time versus money and may just move an alt over. Transfer costs of money vs time spent....IDK!

Branikald
Pet Score:4617
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Branikald » December 3rd, 2013, 7:01 am

Hello!

As of last week, our guild has the Thundering Serpent Hatchling unlocked as well.

We're located on EU-Turalyon Alliance. Guild name The Dottagers, you can contact me (Branikald) if you want an invite.

A small note though: We want to keep the guild tidy and keep track of who is who, so I would prefer people to join with (or close to) the required rep.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » December 5th, 2013, 12:10 am

Many thanks to Magical Menagerie for letting me join to get the pet! They were super welcoming and nice enough to let me stay and hang out. It is really amazing and nice of them to open their doors to a bunch of random pet collectors. :D

Eskimo
Pet Score:7391
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Eskimo » December 5th, 2013, 4:25 am

I would love to find one on Ally side US-Tichondrius! get at me in-game, or through this site!
-eskimo

Jathal
Pet Score:4806
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Jathal » December 5th, 2013, 5:14 pm

I wanted to thank The Gorgonites on Exodar (horde) for letting me join up to work on getting the pets. The short time I've been on, they've been great!

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » December 7th, 2013, 4:31 am

Thanks Magical Menagerie for the Thundering Serpent Hatchling. :)

For those interested, I joined the guild with a level 1 hunter, no heirlooms, nothing but the 9th anniversary item. It took me 21 levels of straight questing and I bought the +50% rep tabard at friendly. In order to get the coin for the tabard and pet I sold a couple pets in the AH for couple hundred or so gold each. I spaced out and didnt buy the +100% tabard at honored, so that would have made it go faster.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 11th, 2013, 4:05 am

Thanx to Chromie for accepting my huntard into her guild..
Already well into Honored, and with all my toons on same server, the pet is soon purchased, as money won't be an issue..

EDIT: 2h58m and I had my TSH.. Thanx :)

Alawyn
MVP
Pet Score:10334
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Alawyn » December 16th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Hello! "For Science" - Lightbringer Alliance has the Thundering Serpent Hatchling and the Dark Phoenix Hatchling unlocked. Feel free to ask for an invite from anyone in the guild.

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » December 17th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Branikald wrote:A small note though: We want to keep the guild tidy and keep track of who is who, so I would prefer people to join with (or close to) the required rep.
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't think that works - don't you always start out in a new guild with zero rep?

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » December 17th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Hermy wrote:
Branikald wrote:A small note though: We want to keep the guild tidy and keep track of who is who, so I would prefer people to join with (or close to) the required rep.
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't think that works - don't you always start out in a new guild with zero rep?
Yes, new guildies have to start from scratch on their rep gains for the pets...though it really does go pretty quickly.

My guild {Pango Honoratus on Twisting Nether-H (US)} is still accepting pet collectors who want the Thundering Hatchling or Lil Tarecgosa. We've met some really lovely folks who joined us as collectors, and are happy to welcome others. There are more details in my earlier posts in this thread, but basically you can just contact me (Arshadi) or any other officer in Pango if you are interested in an invite. Happy holidays and happy pet collecting to all in the meantime!

Ammeg
Top Rater
Pet Score:6011
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Ammeg » December 18th, 2013, 9:31 am

ooooh, after Christmas I might have to make a new alt to get in to one of these horde EU guilds and get this cute lil' fella.

Musicalfate
Pet Score:10328
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Musicalfate » December 22nd, 2013, 9:21 pm

Hi I am an avid mount/pet collector and battle petter, think im up to 188 lvl 25's now. I was wondering if there are any US Horde guild who have the thundering serpent pet, and the guild rep mounts who would be willing to let me join and expand my collection? Thank you for your time.

Rhoswyn
Pet Score:9925
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Rhoswyn » December 28th, 2013, 11:52 am

Musicalfate wrote:Hi I am an avid mount/pet collector and battle petter, think im up to 188 lvl 25's now. I was wondering if there are any US Horde guild who have the thundering serpent pet, and the guild rep mounts who would be willing to let me join and expand my collection? Thank you for your time.
Magical Menagerie on (US) Madoran is run by Warcraft Pets and has them all :)

Song
Pet Score:2157
BattleTag®:Song42#1953
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Song » December 31st, 2013, 3:32 pm

Hermy wrote:

They have actually changed how guild rep works a bit. If you have previous guild rep, and join a new guild, you only drop by one level (ie Exalted to Revered, Revered to Friendly, etc) rather than starting at zero.

Not positive is a server transfer or faction change wipes your guild rep or not.

Bellaryl
Pet Score:4595
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Bellaryl » January 6th, 2014, 3:16 pm

I'd love to find a horde guild on US Server-Thrall who would be willing to accept one of my alts for this item. Of course, I could try to make a new toon and level up...but wanted to see if there was a guild on my current server who could help!

My main is Bellaryl - I'm currently an officer of Jackal. I'm willing to take one of my exalted alts, also an officer, and move it to another guild for this. We are a level 25 guild and although we don't have the Thundering Serpent Pet / mount, we DO have Lil' Tarecgosa, Phoenix Hatchling/mount, and the armadillo pup!

Any help would be awesome!

UPDATE: I rolled a new panda monk and joined Magical Menagerie on the Madoran server. They were 100% wonderful, what a great group of people! Thanks to my tabard and all the lovely heirlooms I have, I'm already level 20 and 1/3 of the way into honored with the guild. I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to MM's kindness, generosity and friendliness. One of the nicest guilds I've ever met!