Sumprush Rodent

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sergio82
Pet Score:4832
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Sumprush Rodent

Post by Sergio82 » May 20th, 2013, 8:41 am

I´m almost to 2000 commendations and I was wondering how the CRZ worked so I could help some of you.

What are the conditions for you to be in the same zone as me when I put it down? If we pick some obscure, low pop timeframe are we all "garanteed" to be in the same zone?

Also, does the horde/alliance thing screws this up? If it put a crate on the horde side will alliance get a chance to capture them too?

Anyway, with tuesday being patch (and dungeon pet) day, it might be a few days before I get all 2000 and figure out a way to do this. Also don´t want like 8000 people there as i want to try and find a rare.

Please post comments here to help me (and everyone else) out.

Thanks,

Moonkin
Top Rater
Pet Score:10517
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Re: Sumprush Rodent

Post by Moonkin » May 20th, 2013, 8:49 am

You can make a cross realm group/raid through battle tag IDs. That should do the trick for CRZ worries.

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 20th, 2013, 9:16 am

Yep, I recently did this. My main is on Bloodhoof raiding while all my alts are on Steamwheedle Cartel doing more fun things. My main, however, was the one that had them, so I had a friend on SWC invite me into a group via RealID. I purchased and opened the Sumprush Rodents, and they were on SWC; after I left group they all despawned from my perspective. A guildie on SWC headed there after we had ended the group and she was able to get one.

I believe the key is who is Group Leader to determine what server you're on in a cross-realm group.

Also, there is no CRZ for Pandaria. And you don't really need to be all that concerned; the pets respawn repeatedly during the timeframe (altho one has to be captured/killed to spawn another; forfeiting causes the same quality to respawn) and there's about 8 or 9 up at a time. But if you really want to be sure no one will be around ... do it the night the Patch comes out.

EDIT: Because there's a timeframe, make sure you keep the first one you fight regardless of quality. You don't want to go rare hunting, not find any, and then realize you didn't grab any when they all despawn.
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » May 20th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Have to be the same faction. The person releasing the crate should have lead so everyone ends up on their server. Everyone has to have opened up the area.

Post by Guest » May 21st, 2013, 1:49 pm

I'm on Horde side but would love a chance to capture one of your rodents. I really just want one, and you could kick me from the group (thus returning me to my realm) as soon as I got it.

Or we could do it differently and you could summon them on my realm (Azralon-US) if you feel there are too many people questing/lurking in your area. Not many here, and even less after the patch hits.

:)

Crissx
MVP
Pet Score:2497
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Crissx » May 25th, 2013, 2:34 pm

I am still trying to get this pet! If you still haven't dropped the crate, hit me up so I can be part of it. I am horde and if you invite me to your group, it will allow me to get one also!
Thanks!

My battlenet id is : Crissx#1572

Sergio82
Pet Score:4832
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Sergio82 » May 25th, 2013, 2:59 pm

got derailed by new pets and stopped farming the commendations, lets see how tonight goes