Share pet collecting news and advice.
Elvenia
MVP
Pet Score:4954
BattleTag®:Aldred#1239
Realm:Shadowsong-us
Tiny White Carp Question

Post by Elvenia » May 2nd, 2013, 9:46 am

Does anyone know if you can fish the Tiny White Carp from any coastal water around Pandaria? I've been fishing near by the Angler's area but no luck so far (I know it's 1/5000 chance). After reading the information about the Tiny White Carp, it appears most everyone has caught theirs in a pool (Reef Octopus, Giant Mantis Shrimp or Tiger Goraumi). I was wondering if anyone can share if they've caught their Tiny White Carp in open water or if I should just wait for the fish of the day in Kun-Lai or Jade Forest, thanks!

Index
Pet Score:12787
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Re: Tiny White Carp Question

Post by Index » May 2nd, 2013, 10:02 am

Not sure if it's any help, but I only seemed to get mine after I stopped fishing from pools. I actually fished mine up at the lake south of the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai, in the lake furthest south in that little sub zone.

Hope this helps?

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 2nd, 2013, 10:59 am

I got mine out of a Tiger Gourmai Pool near the Shado-Pan Monastry and i've heard of others getting it in Reef Otcopus/Giant Mantis shrimp swarms. I believe it is fishable from open water in kun-lai (non sha-touched) and costal waters where you get reef octopi and mantis shrimp.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 2nd, 2013, 11:03 am

Elvenia wrote:Does anyone know if you can fish the Tiny White Carp from any coastal water around Pandaria?
That's what El's says, and I trust El's site for anything fishing.
I was wondering if anyone can share if they've caught their Tiny White Carp in open water or if I should just wait for the fish of the day in Kun-Lai or Jade Forest, thanks!
I fished coastal areas each day while building Pat Nagle rep, but I didn't catch the carp there.

Like so many others, I caught mine in open water at the little lake at/south of the temple in Kun-Lai.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 2nd, 2013, 11:05 am

Caught mine in open coastal water, by Nat in the Wilds ^_^

Thedancinghare
Pet Score:4663
BattleTag®:DancingHare#1943
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Thedancinghare » May 2nd, 2013, 11:19 am

I got mine at Sri-La village in Jade Forestwhen the Reef Octopus were swarming. The pools respawned faster than I could fish them! I have to get lucky like that again for the others :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 2nd, 2013, 12:47 pm

Caught mine from open water fishing, but not coastal. I managed to fish one up at the lake in Kun-Lai near the temple.

El mentioned that catching it from open water coastal fishing is possible, though. As Tiggindy said, I trust El's data and information on all things fishing! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » May 2nd, 2013, 6:05 pm

Caught mine in a Giant Mantis Shrimp pool near Mo'ruk while trying to get enough shrimp to make a stack of Shrimp Dumplings. I fully expect that the other carps will not appear for a very long time to counter this luck.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » May 3rd, 2013, 5:28 am

It's just random. I caught the white carp in less than a hundred catches. I'm over 3k catches for the red carp so far.
Mingyao on Madoran

Waveryn
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » May 3rd, 2013, 6:16 am

The white is the only one I caught so far and when I was not trying for any pet, I cought it in an octo school along Karasong wilds while grinding Nat rep. Now exalted with Nat I have fished the daily pools for the other 3 colors with over 12000 total casts and not any other color, maybe I need to not fish for them and they will come :lol:
Wave

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » May 3rd, 2013, 6:47 am

They all drop from pools I believe.

If you combine it with the fish of the day and the Ancient Panadaren Fishing Charm then it makes it much faster.

Emi
Top Rater
Pet Score:3222
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Emi » May 3rd, 2013, 9:16 am

If it is any help, I got mine from the fish of the day pool in Jade Forest, next to Sri La Village. From a Reef Octopus school. But I think they can come from any coastal water. Good luck!

Waveryn
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » May 3rd, 2013, 9:21 am

Cat666 wrote:They all drop from pools I believe.

If you combine it with the fish of the day and the Ancient Panadaren Fishing Charm then it makes it much faster.
Nope it is all luck, using the charm since they came out and daily pools and still just one while others have all 4 some using pools and some open water. It is all RNG.
Wave

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 3rd, 2013, 9:38 am

Tiggindy wrote:Like so many others, I caught mine in open water at the little lake at/south of the temple in Kun-Lai.

I have seen a lot of people talk about that spot but have yet to find a pic or coords to the exact location. I beleive I am at the right place but if someone could give me the coords to it I would really appriciate it. Basiclly I just want to make sure I'm trying in the right spot.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » May 3rd, 2013, 9:54 am

Waveryn wrote:
Cat666 wrote:They all drop from pools I believe.

Nope it is all luck, using the charm since they came out and daily pools and still just one while others have all 4 some using pools and some open water. It is all RNG.
Yep it's all RNG, but 2 shots a cast is better than 1 shot a cast, so it's burning the RNG faster.

Obviously you could get it on your very first catch or it could take 5000 casts. At least with the charm those 5000 casts would take half the time.

Farnzworth
Pet Score:3484
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Farnzworth » May 3rd, 2013, 9:58 am

i got my white carp last night, less than 50 casts that day though probably 500-600 total for that one, i got the blue one in 400 casts. 2/4 down. neither were caught in pools, both in open waters. keep at it. RNG hates us collectors.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 3rd, 2013, 12:17 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:
Tiggindy wrote:Like so many others, I caught mine in open water at the little lake at/south of the temple in Kun-Lai.

I have seen a lot of people talk about that spot but have yet to find a pic or coords to the exact location. I beleive I am at the right place but if someone could give me the coords to it I would really appriciate it. Basiclly I just want to make sure I'm trying in the right spot.
I believe it's any of the small lakes beneath the temple. I've marked possible locations on this map (the temple hasn't been "discovered" on Wowhead's map, strangely enough).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 3rd, 2013, 12:54 pm

Quintessence wrote:I believe it's any of the small lakes beneath the temple. I've marked possible locations on this map (the temple hasn't been "discovered" on Wowhead's map, strangely enough).

That's what I have been looking for thanks a lot. The southern most point is the one I have been fishing at so apparently after 1000+ casts RNG still hates me lol.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 3rd, 2013, 1:47 pm

The Tiny White Carp's pet profile has been updated to include information on where to fish up the pet for both open water and pool fishing. You can click on each zone in the pet's tooltip to view maps of possible locations. The types of pools that can contain the white carp is listed in the Notes section of its profile.

All information is thanks to El's hard work! :)

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » May 3rd, 2013, 3:12 pm

On a related note:

Tiny Blue Carp, Tiny Green Carp, Tiny Red Carp, and Tiny White Carp are no longer unique and can also now be caged and traded with other players.

Reportedly in the latest PTR build.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 966?page=2