Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Dakender » April 21st, 2013, 9:00 pm

I'll keep searching, and will get a shot before the tame this time :) Word is getting out of the location :) 3 others there last time I checked... But still, there has to be other places in Northrend that they are.

Mmosimca
Pet Score:2806
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Mmosimca » April 21st, 2013, 10:07 pm

Yep, they can't be exclusive to Icecrown or they'd be "Icecrown" - it was confirmed by Mumper too (for what that is worth).

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 22nd, 2013, 2:29 pm

Would love to find more for you to get statistics for :) I haven't given up, still searching, just don't know what triggers them if anything :)

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » April 22nd, 2013, 4:14 pm

Could be either the PTR doesn't have all the spawns in yet, or the tooltip is outdated too.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 23rd, 2013, 6:39 pm

Anyone on at the moment? One is up, WHITE (Common) , Broxigar (US) PVP server. Acted kinda strange on this one. Gave NO PAW. Must have been error or something, logged out, and back in and it was there.. With no paw it wasn't able to be battled. Kinda like a normal critter...

Nobundo (KR) server..... WHITE (Common) another guy got this one........

Naralex (EU) server ..... Nothing up

POSTED: 6:35pm CST (Missouri)

Adorich

Post by Adorich » April 23rd, 2013, 7:34 pm

All Ptr servers (even pvp) are on 1 Crz.

At this point we have only 1 person claiming to catch the Unborn Valkyr. This same person reports seeing multiple Unborn Valkyr in the wild, yet not 1 additional person can confirm this. This is very odd.

The picture of the "wild" Unborn Valkyr battle Dakrender posted has the chat window pulled out of view and does not show the player's character or other wild pets behind the Valkyr. Dakrender's picture can be replicated with a pvp battle.

I sincerely hope that the spawning conditions for the Unborn Valkyr do not include having Photoshop open one's computer.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 23rd, 2013, 7:38 pm

Adorich wrote:All Ptr servers (even pvp) are on 1 Crz.

At this point we have only 1 person claiming to catch the Unborn Valkyr. This same person reports seeing multiple Unborn Valkyr in the wild, yet not 1 additional person can confirm this. This is very odd.

The picture of the "wild" Unborn Valkyr battle Dakrender posted has the chat window pulled out of view and does not show the player's character or other wild pets behind the Valkyr. Dakrender's picture can be replicated with a pvp battle.

I sincerely hope that the spawning conditions for the Unborn Valkyr do not include having Photoshop open one's computer.
Mumper confirmed on April 22nd that the Unborn Val'kyr should be ready for testing in the next PTR update.

That being said, even if he's implying that the val'kyrs are not ready for testing at the moment, that doesn't mean they can't still be spawning on the PTR prior to the "next PTR update". They're probably spawning in an unintended fashion, though.

Hopefully once they're ready for actual testing, we'll find out their "new spawning mechanic". :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 23rd, 2013, 7:52 pm

Adorich wrote: I'd love to see a picture of the pet spawned, before you battle it. I have 2 on the ptr and both came from random pets Blizzard places in the pet journal. The pet journal also lists it's spawn area has Northrend and not specifically Ice Crown. Perhaps in spawns in other zones as well?
Your wish is my command ;) This one was what I saw when I first logged on, not a battle pet ? ? I was confused, so logged off and back on and it then was a battle pet...

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 23rd, 2013, 7:58 pm

More proof for the disbelievers :)

and I don't even have Photoshop on my computer, used paint to crop them to make them smaller, I can upload the unaltered screenshots if you like, or you can go to my photobucket page where they all are.

After logging back on I got the paw icon.

More stats for those doing the math, this was a WHITE (common) :)

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 23rd, 2013, 8:03 pm

Adorich wrote:
All Ptr servers (even pvp) are on 1 Crz.
That maybe true, BUT, I have 3 computers running here with 3 diff accounts, 3 diff zones, she was up on one, being tamed by another guy on another and NONE, on the 3rd.... Maybe it has something todo with how they spawn, who can see them etc? I am testing at the moment with 2 toons on same server, same location, to see if they both can see it if it spawns. As for the one that was up, it did NOT get tamed, It despawned before I could get the 2nd toon to the location.

Instead of flaming me for something, why not come to where I am and look for yourself? Ive listed my email and battleid numerous times, you are welcome to add me and and we can get together.

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » April 24th, 2013, 10:17 am

Dakender, Got another question for ya. Is your toon a premade or copied? If it's copied how far are you in the Ice Crown quests? I'm trying to find some kinda link here! D:

Also if you don't mind could you take a SS of your Ice Crown map where you keep finding them? I swear I must be looking in the wrong spot or something....

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 24th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Bottom of the screen in the middle you can see my location.

Most the time I stand or camp right here by these 3 rocks. She paths right in this area.

All the pictures can be viewed here : http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakend ... %20-%20PTR

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 24th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Wife was playing today when one spawned :) She got these shots. She ended up killing it, wasn't ready to battle :) But this is the first Green one even I have seen.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 24th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Apocalyptica wrote: Dakender, Got another question for ya. Is your toon a premade or copied? If it's copied how far are you in the Ice Crown quests? I'm trying to find some kinda link here! D:
Almost for about this ;)

ok, Datundra, my toon on Anasterian is one I copied over from Live, he has progressed through all the Northrend stuff, ICC and all, killed Lich King, etc, etc. Datundra was the one who first found them, the grey one and the blue one. Weeweechu, is a premade and the one I used to make the Warcraftpets Guild. And they are all on Anasterian (US) server. Have seen them up on both toons, Also, Wifes toon that I uploaded pictures is also a premade. Never done a single thing except to port to Dal, fly to where they are :)

Deadßetty - My hunting toon is a premade mage which I have on all the other servers, Nobundo (KR), Brill (EU), Broxigar (US), and Naralex (EU). Have done NO QUESTS of any kind on them. They too have seen her up.

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » April 24th, 2013, 4:34 pm

What addon are you using that shows the little pet paw icons with ticky boxes in the lefthand corner?

(thank you also for all your additional information so far)

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 24th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Pretty sure that is Battle Pet Daily Tamer addon I am using.

Also, just loaded up NPC Scan and noticed something, the spot where I keep seeing her is a spawn/route for a RARE (High Thane Jorfus), was just wondering, there was something said that and I quote from wowhead "Val'kyr are considered "unborn" until they vanquish a creature of high nobility." Wouldn't a rare be considered nobility? Maybe she spawns when the rares spawn, trying to kill one in hopes of becoming. "BORN"............. Am I stretching ? ? heheheh

Mmosimca

Post by Mmosimca » April 24th, 2013, 11:24 pm

The description is unrelated.

Well, at least if it is related then the game designers screwed up because it clearly says a "Val'kyr is considered UNBORN until" and we're trying to catch UNBORN Val'kyr - not real ones. We'd need the description of how Unborn Val'kyrs spawn, not how Unborn Val'kyrs become 'full' Val'kyr.

Also, from what I know of Blizzard, it is quite unlikely that there are spawning conditions that must be fulfilled for it to spawn. Their idea of "new type of spawning" could actually just be "only spawns in groups of 5". Obviously that isn't the case, but I'm just saying that we're probably -vastly- overcomplicating something that will turn out to be ridiculously simple.

In fact, since we know that it has to spawn in multiple Northrend zones and that you found them repeatedly along the route of a rare mob's spawn, the most likely explanation at this time is they simply randomly spawn in place of rare mobs from Northrend - either all rare mobs or maybe just rare Vykrul (Val'kyr come from Vykrul). They could even potentially spawn on the death of Vykrul mobs.

Again though, I'm probably overcomplicating it still.
Mushalor wrote:What addon are you using that shows the little pet paw icons with ticky boxes in the lefthand corner?

(thank you also for all your additional information so far)
Also, unrelated to the rest of my post, but Blizzard has essentially taken the addon and added it directly to the game themselves in Patch 5.3:
A new option to display pet tamers on the world map has been added. This should help players looking to find unlocked Pet Battle daily quests.

Kayfabe
Pet Score:2197
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Kayfabe » April 25th, 2013, 12:23 am

Those are ridiculous cute. I have to have one...

Mmosimca

Post by Mmosimca » April 26th, 2013, 12:48 am

A cursory glance at Northrend rares leaves me with these four rares being the most likely to be related (if it is in fact even related to rares at all):
  • High Thane Jorfus - Undead Male Vykrul in Icecrown
  • Hildana Deathstealer - Val'kyr in Icecrown
  • Syreian the Bonecarver - Female Vykrul in Grizzly Hills
  • Vigdis the War Maiden - Female Vykrul in Howling Fjord

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » April 26th, 2013, 9:08 am

Mmosimca wrote:A cursory glance at Northrend rares leaves me with these four rares being the most likely to be related (if it is in fact even related to rares at all):
  • High Thane Jorfus - Undead Male Vykrul in Icecrown
  • Hildana Deathstealer - Val'kyr in Icecrown
  • Syreian the Bonecarver - Female Vykrul in Grizzly Hills
  • Vigdis the War Maiden - Female Vykrul in Howling Fjord
Very Nice :) I now have a toon camped on each spot you mentioned here, worth a try :) Better than having them all on one spot.

But I stil think there is more to them than we know yet, I know for a fact even tho they are CRZ, I swear I have seen them up on one server and not on the other. Last one I saw up I did a little test, killed one of the pathing mobs there so it's body would stay I didn't loot it. One poped on Broxigar server, I then logged out and tried two more servers , "SHE WAS NOT THERE" but the body was, I then logged back on to Broxigar and "SHE WAS THRE".

Who knows :) this is worth a try....