PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: PTR - Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Quintessence » May 24th, 2013, 10:00 am

Casca wrote: I can confirm that NPCScan didn't work, even though I did everything as Quintessence describes. So it seems to be a little random or influenced by other addons whether it will recognize the Val'kyr or not.
I can confirm that NPCScan does work, however as you say, it could be influenced by other addons. I currently don't use any addons that would cache any of my pets (collected or not collected), so that might be it.

A good way to double check if the Unborn Val'kyr is properly added in is to open up your Interface window, go to the Addons tab, and scroll down to see where you added the Unborn Val'kyr. If there's an "X" next to it, log out completely and clear your cache.

It's a shame it hasn't worked for everyone, but good luck and grats either way! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » May 24th, 2013, 10:40 am

Finally! I searched last night on two different servers with 3 different toons, no luck. This morning I logged in before work while waiting for the wife and decided on a different path, going from Crystal Forest to Grizzly Hills intead of ZD first and one popped up enroute! Not sure which breed, but it was poor and then immediately stoned :)

Thanks to everyone that posted locations, I was beginning to think it was an elaborate joke against me :)

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » May 24th, 2013, 11:08 am

Quintessence wrote:I can confirm that NPCScan does work, however as you say, it could be influenced by other addons. I currently don't use any addons that would cache any of my pets (collected or not collected), so that might be it.

A good way to double check if the Unborn Val'kyr is properly added in is to open up your Interface window, go to the Addons tab, and scroll down to see where you added the Unborn Val'kyr. If there's an "X" next to it, log out completely and clear your cache.

It's a shame it hasn't worked for everyone, but good luck and grats either way! :)
Sorry, didn't mean to contradict what you said. :)
Just wanted to let people know that relying solely on NPCScan might not be a good idea and additionally using a target macro for safety reasons is recommended. I also had false alarms but whether the addon works or not can only be checked once you finally find the pet. ^^

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 24th, 2013, 12:36 pm

If your having trouble with NPCscan check out this thread:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=2&t=4218

Found mind with in a half hour of doing this at Grizzly Hills 79.6 - 51.7

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » May 24th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Just a thought concerning NPCscan and the Unborn Val'kyr.

During PTR someone said that the Unborn Val'Kyr was appearing on some realms but not others while they were all linked to the same CRZ, and therefore should have been visible on all.

Could the reason that NPCscan is setting off be due to the Val'Kyr being on another realm in the CRZ which you can't see but the system picks up?

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » May 24th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Damn, all I found so far is a fat, hairy Dwarf who stood ad a spawnpoint with his new Val'kyr. :cry:

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » May 24th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I was on Llane and checking the spawn points listed on this site and there was another pet hunter who seemed to be beating me to every spot! (Now that I have mine) I hope he got one! :)

Shoecup
MVP
Pet Score:5243
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Shoecup » May 24th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Casca wrote:After flying around for hours over the past two days I finally found mine by logging in at a spawn location where I logged out yesterday. ^^
I can confirm that NPCScan didn't work, even though I did everything as Quintessence describes. So it seems to be a little random or influenced by other addons whether it will recognize the Val'kyr or not.

PS: Also thanks to the Horde who was kind enough not to attack me while I was battling. :)
I can confirm it actually does work. I can also confirm they're not on a 6 hour spawn time. The first time my npcscan went off was while I was on a flight path from Dalaran to Grizzly Hills. It picked up the Unborn halfway through Crystalsong Forest. I logged out to force a landing, deleted my cache, logged back in Zuldrak, and flew back to where my npcscan went off and it went off again. I have the picture in the wowhead comments to prove it. At first, I was skeptical it would still be there thinking that the scanner picked up my server's pet's and not the xrealm's pet, but it still was. The first one I caught was the B,B type. I was going to quit for the day seeing as how I spent 2 hours searching for it, but decided to do one last sweep before logging. I logged, deleted my cache, and made a direct flight to Icecrown. During the flight, I tabbed to make a post here and wowhead about the location and started reading others when my npcscan went off again! Tabbed back in to find a H,H one right under Chillmaw (where he's circling back INTO the mountains.) Both were uncommon but I had an undead stone available to use. Both of these tames were within 10 MINUTES of each other. Disable all addons if you're unsure. The first time, I had all my addons disabled. Second time, all I did was disabled Pet Quality Notifier (I left Pet breed ID on to test). Both times I never opened my pet journal. When you're adding the ID, you can tell if it's been cached already or not. If it's grayed out with an x next to it, then it's already been cache. Just log out, delete your cache, log back in, disable whatever addons, and check your npcscan addon again to see if it's been detected yet.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 24th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Casca wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to contradict what you said. :)
No worries at all! :) I just wanted to make it clear that it is possible, although it doesn't sound all that reliable since some aren't having any success making it work.

Shoecup wrote:I can also confirm they're not on a 6 hour spawn time.
I'm not sure, but I think when people mention a 6 hour spawn time, they mean after a round of spawns are complete.

Mumper mentioned that the only impact players have on spawning is if we catch/kill an Unborn Val'kyr. With that in mind, it wouldn't be far fetched to think that by catching or killing one, it triggers a spawn somewhere else. However, there might be a cap on how many can spawn per "session". Perhaps "6 hours" refers to the gap between each session?

I'm only putting this out there because I sat in Northrend for roughly 8 hours without seeing ONE Unborn Val'kyr. I was probably incredibly unlucky, but if they're on a short(er) respawn time, I should have run into at least one during my extended stay in Northrend.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Shoecup
MVP
Pet Score:5243
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Shoecup » May 24th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Quintessence wrote: Mumper mentioned that the only impact players have on spawning is if we catch/kill an Unborn Val'kyr.
My theory on this new spawning was that if an Unborn Val'kyr was captured/killed at a certain spawn point, the chances of it spawning again in that same spot lowers.

Keithkorg
Pet Score:1871
Realm:Eversong-eu

Post by Keithkorg » May 28th, 2013, 4:03 am

Luciandk wrote:Located my third Unborn at the spawnpoint right SW of Rivers Heart in Sholazar. And it turned out to be the H/H breed. Finally done hunting them, as the first 2 turned out to be B/B breeds so Im happy!
I was very lucky on this too.

After catching my first one (B/B poor, 68,68 in Howling Fjord, south of Nifflevar), I decided that I would not be purposefully camping these (for the H/H) any more but would check out the Fjord spawn points any time I'm there (still farming the blue proto-drake). A couple of days ago I was flying from Dalaran to Naxx when I passed over another Unborn Val'kyr at 65,35 in Dragonblight. This one was also B/B poor.

Yesterday I spotted yet another one at the original spawn (Fjord 68,68) and it was a H/H one. I was very happy indeed, as I can't imagine having to set one of these babies free just to free up space.

As an aside, my experience is that these are easier to come across than the Minfernal. I never managed to get the flight path trick to work and ended up camping that area for months before I got one. I guess the spread-out spawn points make camping one spot less viable, increasing your chances of finding an un-camped spawn.

Phantomfluke

Post by Phantomfluke » May 31st, 2013, 4:18 am

Noticed something interesting, i've not completed all the icecrown quests, there's a quest chain involving Geirrvif, at the moment she tells me to return when i've proven myself, this is to kill Blood Prince Sandoval, a Prince is of nobility, i saw Warcraftpets note on the pet say "Val'kyr remain unborn until they vanquish a creature of high nobility", not sure if this has anything to do with wot you talking about, as it may effect if you can or cant not see these pets, ive not seen one yet, but then i haven't done the chain, "Yet" let u no if they start popping up

Ok Just Completed that quest chain, if it is or is not connected in anyway forgive me, i found one in icecrown in the The Court of Bones (48,86) not long after completing the chain, which makes me think that quest chain is involved somehow, the pet i got was :

Common
lvl 21
HP 1313
AT 196
SP 162

Mayoradeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:6934
BattleTag®:mayor#1927
Realm:Cairne-us

Re: Unborn Val'kyr

Post by Mayoradeath » June 9th, 2013, 10:01 am

Ok I have found 3 of these so far, and only caught 1 so be careful not to kill it accidently or leave the battle hoping it will respwn cuz it won't :( but here is the info I have to help you find one for yourself. First install the TomTom and NPCscan addons and also make sure ALL other pet battle addons are disabled and uncheck the box in your pet journal that says to display pets not yet collected otherwise it will set off the NPCscan. Once you have the addons installed add her ID# 71163 to NPCscan and be sure to clear the NPCscan cache each time you load wow and then add the waypoints to Tomtom by making the following 3 macros.

Macro 1
/way Icecrown 47.9, 86.6
/way Icecrown 73.8, 64.5
/way Icecrown 43, 33
/way Storm Peaks 42.5, 78.5
/way Storm Peaks 65, 41
/way Storm Peaks 29.0, 50.0
/way Borean Tundra 48, 8
/way Borean Tundra 80, 48
/way Borean Tundra 32.7, 60.1

Macro 2
/way Sholazar Basin 58.5, 22.0