Countdown to "Zookeeper" Title

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us
Re: Countdown to "Zookeeper" Title

Post by Gilneas » March 21st, 2013, 11:05 am

Poutinette wrote:Don't forget that when MoP started, it was still summer, but no Qiraji, they don't even follow their own rules.
It was fall. Sept 25.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » March 21st, 2013, 11:38 am

I remember it being available during the beta. Does anyone remember if it was available right up until the end of the beta, or did it disappear at some point? Although it's possible that they didn't worry about changing the season during the beta.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » March 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm

NathKnave wrote:I remember it being available during the beta. Does anyone remember if it was available right up until the end of the beta, or did it disappear at some point? Although it's possible that they didn't worry about changing the season during the beta.
Though I was in beta I didn't really pay much attention. Usually PTRs and Betas follow the live game calendar unless they specifically want to test something, like new holiday content.

Whiplash
Pet Score:4909
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Whiplash » March 22nd, 2013, 8:31 am

Dazzles wrote:Wouldn't telling a player when the pet will spawn constitute as a game hint? Hasn't anyone who has played this game with any significance learned that that is the #1 thing they will not give is game hints?
No game hints? Definitely maybe, but it depends...

Some people are reporting GMs are telling them they can't tell because it's a "game hint".
Others are reporting that GMs confirmed that June 1 is the start of "Pet Summer".
GMs apparently confirmed to players that Snowy Owl stopped spawning Feb 28 - game hint?
The only thing we know for sure is that if you see a fork in the road, take it! (credit to Yogi Berra)

My personal opinion is that calling the in-game definition of the start and end of seasons a "game hint" is just silly, considering that there is an event calendar built into the game.
But the one thing that has been consistent is that Blizzard has been inconsistent about seasons since MoP!