Share pet collecting news and advice.
Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us
Bones farming

Post by Restofarian » March 12th, 2013, 2:33 pm

was wondering if people are geting into groups for fast bones farming. would love to get the spectral porcupette and even being able to solo elites (the small ones) with a couple of my toons I think it might be funnier and faster do it in a group.

hit me up if u need some help.
restofarian#1262

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Re: Bones farming

Post by Basti » March 14th, 2013, 9:55 am

Yes it will definitely be faster if done with a group. I did this solo and it took me about 2 hours per day for 3 days to finally have enough bones to buy the pet.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 15th, 2013, 9:02 am

Depends on class, as a DPS Warr, I can only reliably solo the Direhorns and Dinomancers, so I prefer to bring a healer at least.

Perhaps when I get 5.2 geared I'll be able to solo the pterrodax and baby T rex too, and maybe solo will be a batter strategy.

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » April 1st, 2013, 11:09 am

I would like to do this too...getting that pet is one of those tasks I've been avoiding. Have a lil over 100 bones on my ally hunter but none on my horde hunter. Hit me up if interested in grouping ... BT - Igottaweewee#1136

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » April 1st, 2013, 1:54 pm

I am also interested in getting into a group for this... I have not yet done more than just get the flight path for the island. My main is a warlock.

Battle.tag: Maizing#1456

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » April 1st, 2013, 3:29 pm

I partnered with a friend and we set loot to free for all and she looted everything to speed up bone collecting. We figured having one of us get enough bones first made more sense than both of us collecting bones in double the time. Of course, this only works with friends you can trust to keep farming with once they get their bones.
mykro9#1585

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » April 2nd, 2013, 10:18 am

Gromagrim wrote:Depends on class, as a DPS Warr, I can only reliably solo the Direhorns and Dinomancers, so I prefer to bring a healer at least.

Perhaps when I get 5.2 geared I'll be able to solo the pterrodax and baby T rex too, and maybe solo will be a batter strategy.
My less well geared 'lock can reliably solo the baby T Rex, so I might end up farming the mount on him!

Tank healer and dps all rolled into one, locks and hunters have it so easy!

Nightshade
Top Rater
Pet Score:4545
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Nightshade » April 6th, 2013, 3:52 am

Hit me up if you want a tank for this: Nightshade#1601
Mannoroth - US - Horde

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » April 7th, 2013, 5:39 pm

As a Hunter i can easily solo the direhorn hatchlings; I can typically farm up about 150ish bones in an hour give or take depending on how many small "breaks" i take. Right now i'm at 894 bones, and stopping due to having just gotten a primal egg.

Pocketimp
Top Rater
Pet Score:5016
BattleTag®:Pocketimp#1179
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Pocketimp » April 8th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Would love to join in on a group who'd like to farm bones. Have managed to do it with the guildies a couple of times. We farmed the Big T-Rexes in the middle of the island. Found this to be most efficient. We killed the little ones and Trolls in between spawns and each person got a raptor as they dropped but there was pretty much no down time. In about 90 mins of farming all 4 of us got an egg. 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 2 DPS.

Drdoolittle
MVP
Pet Score:11096
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Drdoolittle » April 8th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Just finished my 999 for the pet. I soloed it and it took about 7 hours give or take. I started with the Direhorn group nearest the flight masters (brown group) then worked right (green group) camoflauged along the hill behind the two larger ones to get the 3 small ones behind them. I alternated between those two groups for the first 200 or so bones. Then, I tried something else that worked better.

I'd head left up the hill to the blue group and got the three easily reached without pulling the Dinomancers or the large ones. Then, up the next hill to the white group and then on to the cave area to get the 3 small raptors (a little tougher fight -- had to keep heals up on the pet) but 50% more bones per kill too. After that it was reverse path and then back uphill again. I was able to match the re-spawn rate going back and forth between those three groups - blue, white and raptors.

That also helped when others were farming. I'd stick to the hills and leave the brown and green groups and Dinomancers for the others farming. If I'd been in a group, it would only have meant more downtime. And, even if you can kill more per hour in a group, given the re-spawn rate, it's no faster, especially if you're both looking for the pet.

I got 1,011on last raptor kill, entered the cave and cashed them in. Stick with it. It's like a rep grind - worth it to those who care.

Two tips for ranged: The Dinohorns do not charge if you're in melee range. Just park yourself alongside their hind quarters. There is no tail swipe to worry about. But, if your pet is low on health, back up cast a heal on your pet and feign, vanish, whatever just as the charge starts. The Dinohorn will walk slowly over to where you are before turning again to battle your pet. That few extra ticks of heal on your pet without taking damage may be all you need to win the fight.

Have fun...

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » April 12th, 2013, 9:16 am

If you have a Warlock... just solo the big and small direhorns.

I made 15'000 bones in a couple hours :-) bought the mount and several pets

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » April 12th, 2013, 9:53 am

I'm in! I also have a friend who is interested. We should both be on tonight.

BT: Doctor#1657

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » April 12th, 2013, 10:11 am

Hit me up tonight

heal/ tank/ dps as need.
BT: grosbonda#1406

Pocketimp
Top Rater

Post by Pocketimp » April 12th, 2013, 12:20 pm

I can get my friend to tank. He's tanked the large T-rexes without any issues so if we can get a healer I can get something going tonight. I'm shooting for 7pm PST. Send me a msg through my BT on the left if you want to come.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 12th, 2013, 1:37 pm

I would love to do this but due to new carpeting and my guild server transferring last night I am kinda slammed. Lots of people very sad, feeling like they lost their home since they are not moving with the guild. So we started a new guild for those not going. But if you all do this next week I can join and can bring a healer or dps depending on whats needed. Let me know if another group wants to try forming next week some time as well.

Pocketimp
Top Rater

Post by Pocketimp » April 12th, 2013, 4:24 pm

If this is successful, I do not mind organizing a Farming group once or twice a week. We'll see how tonight goes. Just make sure you send me a BT invite and say it's for bone farming. I do a lot of cross server pet trading so it's difficult for me to remember who's who.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » April 19th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Sent out invites for anyone who wants to farm bones.

BattleTag: Doctor#1657

Character: 90 Alliance Warlock