Drop Rate Zandalari Raptors

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: Drop Rate Zandalari Raptors

Post by Formerruling » March 6th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Time is money and they are like 200g already, thats worth it to buy them instead of farm for me lol

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 6th, 2013, 10:38 pm

I got two on my first two kills, after three more kills and no drops i hearthed back to try to sell them high... no avail

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » March 7th, 2013, 5:23 am

It looks like they're all available in four different breeds. Depending on how hard a particular breed is to farm, it might be worth more to someone.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » March 7th, 2013, 8:39 am

The breeds aren't displaying properly for me in game. For those browsing the AH for P/P breed raptors, at level 1 you want the ones with 14 Power.

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » March 7th, 2013, 10:14 am

I farmed the trolls on the beach for about an hour and got 11 pets. Good thing I tried farming first before buying off AH. Saved gold for pets I can't farm so easily like Firefly :D

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » March 7th, 2013, 11:28 am

one thing i have noticed and this was with raiding with leashes, is that the first week to two weeks of the patch pets where dropping really fast. in the raiding with leashes achievement, me and my friend had all but 2 pets the first week, then the second week we got a few more including the ones we were missing. yet now i go back into the old raids and i might get 1 or 2 for the week. im kind of wondering if its the same thing right now

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 7th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Yea, the drop rate is stupid high. Just farming bones I acquired 15. I predict they'll soon be less than 100 gold on the AH.

As I hunter I've also had 3 of the taming books drop for me as well. I just with the Dino had a better ability than spell reflect.

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Poutinette » March 7th, 2013, 1:07 pm

I went to the Isle of Giants for the first time yesterday. It was over-camped... I swear, I think there was more players than mob spawns...

Later, I found that the 4 pets were cheap on AH so I saved myself the trouble of getting them the hard way. I will return to get bones later when all the craze will have passed.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 7th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Took me 20 kills to get 3 of them. 4th was gifted to me, but everything I've seen and heard indicates a high drop rate.

Jalad
Pet Score:3765
BattleTag®:Jalad#1735
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Jalad » March 7th, 2013, 5:52 pm

I had the most difficult time with the toenibbler, but I have, I think, 11 extras, across the other three types. I'm not sure why they made them quite so common. Takes fun as well as value out of it, imo. I, too, will be curious to see if they nerf the drop rate.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » March 8th, 2013, 12:32 am

Agreed, drops rate need to be nerfed. I farmed for an hour and ended up with 20. I gave them out as gifts to my guildies for downing the first boss of ToT. :)

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » March 8th, 2013, 7:06 am

I already wondered why there were so many of them in the AH. Price is still over 500g though so I may start farming them before they nerf it.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 8th, 2013, 7:54 am

I was going to wait until they dropped low enough but I really want the tome of dinomancy, so I might as well get myself a set.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » March 8th, 2013, 9:05 am

I farmed ..well. less than 50 for the book for my hunter..
In that time I got 4 drops.. I bought 2 off the AH since they were less than 200g..
Given I "could" have been lucky from the RNG, but that is not usually the case..

Now.. if only I get in on some rare kills on Thunder for those pets!! ;)

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » March 8th, 2013, 12:05 pm

I bet Blizzard will nerf the drop rate once they see how common the pets have become. I got all 4 from the AH (yes, very affordable!) to save the time of trying to farm (especially since my i446 level 90 needs guildie help for those 91 elite mobs!). I wanted to get them in my collection before Blizzard pulls the rug out from under us.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » March 8th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Breehit wrote:I bet Blizzard will nerf the drop rate once they see how common the pets have become. I got all 4 from the AH (yes, very affordable!) to save the time of trying to farm (especially since my i446 level 90 needs guildie help for those 91 elite mobs!). I wanted to get them in my collection before Blizzard pulls the rug out from under us.
I was thinking that too, but then realized they have multiple breeds. I believe rare dropped pets of the past were geared toward collecting and when pet battles were added they were given a single breed. They may intend these to be more geared toward battles. The higher drop rate may be so people can farm for the right breed. In other word it's not just about having them but having the one that meets your battle needs.

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Stonewallred » March 9th, 2013, 12:39 pm

They are so cheap on my AH that I bought several of each, some to keep and some to level and sell.
Seems the mech pet is dropping like crazy too, as they are cheap on the AH also.
RL friend of mine gave me one of them, since he had gotten 4 already.